Ve haf vays ov......

It makes you wonder what others are up to. Past reports seem to show that after all the expense that the LEZ in London has put upon vehicle owners in reality there hasn’t been much of an improvement in air quality.

jalopnik.com/your-guide-to-diese … 1731857018

No surprise with the news that VW group cheated on their tests and may well spew out 10 times the levels of pollution that they are claiming. Who else out there is cheating on their emissions, is VW really the only one or are we seeing the top of the iceberg here, how about their truck divisions, MAN and Scania, are they really euroVI?

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … -cars.html

cav551:
It makes you wonder what others are up to. Past reports seem to show that after all the expense that the LEZ in London has put upon vehicle owners in reality there hasn’t been much of an improvement in air quality.

jalopnik.com/your-guide-to-diese … 1731857018

Of course there hasn’t :unamused: , you don’t take it as real do you?
It’s like everything else in the country (and EU) today.
Same with this job, poa and dcpc being a prime example
( Christ I sound like desypete :blush: :smiley: )
It is being seen to ’ doing the right thing’ but with no real substance, pacifying and pandering to the ‘lefty liberal right on types’ (now I sound like Carryfast)
Also ensuring a vote at the next election, that’s the way all things are done these days. Basically all b/s and ■■■■■■■■.

robroy:
. Basically all b/s and ■■■■■■■■.

Oh I don’t know, VW were quick to apologise, they know they are in the wrong, the US isn’t really of their concern, only a few percent of cars sold there are diesels, half of the ones in Europe are and if they are found to have installed the same crafty software here it will end badly for VW.

The EU isn’t going to let this one go, no matter how important ze Germanz are.

Just imagine if their emissions fail here, all VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat and MAN/Scania banned from London…

Heard on the news this morning that it’s more than likely almost every car company has been at it and this could indeed be the tip of a very big iceberg. It did say that almost every diesel car could be recalled at some point if it’s found out that other car company’s have been at it.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Heard on the news this morning that it’s more than likely almost every car company has been at it and this could indeed be the tip of a very big iceberg. It did say that almost every diesel car could be recalled at some point if it’s found out that other car company’s have been at it.

The big question then will be, can those cars be modified to meet the standard or are diesels that bad that they had to revert to a software fudge. Can we really see London raising the LEZ limit? I don’t think so, the Liberals will be in uproar.

Will they ban all VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/MAN and Scania outside the M25? Can’t see that happening either…

Interesting times ahead.

wheelnutt:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

The big question then will be, can those cars be modified to meet the standard or are diesels that bad that they had to revert to a software fudge. Can we really see London raising the LEZ limit? I don’t think so, the Liberals will be in uproar.

Wasn’t it just a few month ago people were on about the government wanting to basically tax diesel cars off the road because all the song and dance previous governments said about buying diesel cars to protect the environment and improve air quality turns out now to be a load of bollox?

Not just diesels it’s a well known cheat with many race tuned petrol driven cats to have a programme set up in the ecu that will get you through come MOT time plug your Lapy in switch over and sail through plug in switch back and get the higher power but dirtier time up and running for rally’s etc

VW just admitted that 11 million cars are fitted with the software to cheat emissions, oops. Shares down another 25%

Stunned that these cars aren’t independently tested, but relying solely on the manufacturers data…like their mpg… :unamused:

Looks like my Audi will be going to the dealers then.

Fergie47:
Stunned that these cars aren’t independently tested, but relying solely on the manufacturers data…like their mpg… :unamused:

They were independently tested, VW had a software installed that would “recognise” a test and made sure it passed. VW got so cocky that they contracted with a charity in the US to prove that their diesel cars were better then petrol cars, the charity tested the cars then said, hold on a second here dear VW, your cars are worse, worse even then the official EPA tests, they are the ones who discovered the software installed on the ECU and notified the US regulators.

VW got away with it for years, got so cocky that they caused their own demise.

You wonder where the buck stops with this one. How many people at VW knew about it, would have had to be a tight circle to keep it a secret.

You think pretty much nowadays a company like VW is sqeeky clean, just goes to show you never really know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Thankfully I’m getting a Merc instead of a VW.

merc0447:
You wonder where the buck stops with this one.

The CEO just resigned. With a few million of course.

If the tests are carried out with a stationary vehicle it would presumably be reasonably simple for the ECU having recognised that it is not receiving a speed signal to modify combustion. Likewise if the test is carried out on a rolling road it should be able to tell from the ABS wheel sensors that the non-driven wheels are not rotating. Permanent 4x4 would be more involved.

Looks lol I may be getting a call from the garage as part of a potential recall

VW owner happy if my car is recalled - I don’t want to be any more pollutant than I thought I was.

Vehicle recalled for this problem? Well let me see now, that’s a complimentary equivalent compliant vehicle while mine is off the road, and additionally either this replacement vehicle delivered to and collected from a location and at a time of my choosing, or £500 per day compensation for the inconvenience of taking the vehicle to the dealership myself.

very american idea ^^^^^

why not drop it off at the garage and pick it up later (organise a lift from someone) or even the garage