Vastly Exp

Hi there,
I see you are driving for H+R in Lethbridge, how do you find the Chinnook winds?
Is it true that because of the large meatplant/feedlot there that it sometimes smells up the whole town?
Do you know of any short haul trucking companies in Southern Alberta that run end-dumps/hopper bottoms that I could contact for driving work via HRSDC/PNP?

no i dont know of any dump jobs but i am sure they will be some.

go to cargill high river and lakeside at brooks,even that chinook has trouble shifting the reek off them spots.

Was in Lethbridge on Monday. Had to unload steel on 5th ave North, where they are building the new CAT place. Came down to the Petro next to your yard after that.

Everyone was so surprised I had made it there on time through the snow.

lol i am from lisburn in northern ireland and that town stank due to a glue factory in the place was really interesting walking about with clothes smelling off burnt animals as a kid lol.
was wondering what is H + R like to work for as i am looking to get out there too when i leave the army?
cheers Rick

There is alot of chat on another website about H+R having serious problems at the minute retaining drivers from the UK,supposed to be 35 walked this past two months.
Also “rumour” has it that there are 12 single guy’s staying at the Sandman hotel about to jump ship to trans-x or come home also,
are you still with them and can you shed any light? :confused:

Big Truck:
There is alot of chat on another website about H+R having serious problems at the minute retaining drivers from the UK,supposed to be 35 walked this past two months.
Also “rumour” has it that there are 12 single guy’s staying at the Sandman hotel about to jump ship to Canex or come home also,
are you still with them and can you shed any light? :confused:

Anybody got any information on the above post, maybe bob the dog could shed some light on it, he seems to have the answers as far as Canada is concerned.

Me thinks its to do with MONEY, What do you think BOB :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Money money its a big rippppppp offf :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Whats it going to take :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

steveo1:

Whats it going to take :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

STAY OFF MY CYBERSPACE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp:

At least I can give a balanced view without having to resort to “SLABBERING” :unamused:

Last time I looked it was a FREE world :unamused:

[zb]

Edited. the posting language of this board is English, or at least as close as we can get.

Pity. You were doing so well in just insulting me, now you have to go at someone else, and your spelling in german is little better, either.

David, over to you.

bobthedog:
Pity. You were doing so well in just insulting me, now you have to go at someone else, and your spelling in german is little better, either.

David, over to you.

Why, what does it mean? :confused: If it’s just for the spelling he would have been gone long ago. :wink: :laughing:

steveo1:

Hi everyone I have been reading the posts regarding Canada,and having, a look on the web myself , I Have found alot of what Steveo has said to be true, with regards to wages ect.
I was considering going myself, but now feel that the Brit drivers are being taken for mugs ( dare I say it ).
Great web site, opened my eyes wide, thanks steveo

It isn’t exactly nice, David. I have sent you a PM but you have to understand that his german is actually slightly worse than his english.

Island ape, steveo1? really? I am guessing that you meant something else.

:unamused:

Big Truck, while we may have differed in opinion on several occasions, I give you absolute respect and full credit for being rational here. Don’t get his crank turned again. He likes to try irritating people.

bobthedog:
Island ape, steveo1? really? I am guessing that you meant something else.

Maybe not, after all it is what the Germans call Brits - Island Monkeys.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

fridgeman:

steveo1:

Hi everyone I have been reading the posts regarding Canada,and having, a look on the web myself , I Have found alot of what Steveo has said to be true, with regards to wages ect.
I was considering going myself, but now feel that the Brit drivers are being taken for mugs ( dare I say it ).
Great web site, opened my eyes wide, thanks steveo

Regards fridgeman
Glad I have been of some help, sorry I put you off the idea , but it is better to get as much info as possible, rarther then spend loads of dosh ,and have your dreams shattered when you get there.
There are drivers that have made it work ,not alot ,but there are some (bless em).
Give bobthe dog a PM, he will give you positive help. how he did it. Dont throw in the towel in just yet , wade through all the crap then make a positive decision .
Who were you going to work for ? I would give H&R a miss , if Bob cant help pm me. I will give you some Email addresses once I have got permission to do so .

montana man:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Very good Montana :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

steveo1:
Very good Montana :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only good if you understand it, who it was aimed at and why Steveo :wink:

Oh and it wasn’t aimed at you or BTD :smiley: