Vaping.

Come on then, how many of us do it?

I tried it and after a bumpy start, I finally got off the stinkies. I must admit that stopping every hour for a cig was a pain in the backside but the fresh air did do some good too.

Anyway, anyone had any problems in RDC’s with them? I was 5 hours in Tesco Reading and kept nipping out between loading bays for a “Crafty Vape” :smiley: I could imagine me bouncing up and down if I was not able to have a cig in that time.

I see they have been banned in certain places, how long until RDC’s say you cant use e-cig’s

I’m a ■■■■■■■■ vaper. 16 months smoke free.

Our company has just banned vaping in all company vehicles.

Been vaping for 7 months now, went from smoking 30 ■■■■ a day to vaping and haven’t touched a real cigarette since !

DonutUK:

How do they justify that?

DonutUK:

REALLY■■? Wow, I wonder what the reason that is for?

I really can not see the point in banning vaping in vehicles, there is no smell at all with them.

Is it a big company?

mr bluecity:
Been vaping for 7 months now, went from smoking 30 ■■■■ a day to vaping and haven’t touched a real cigarette since !

Well done, The cost savings are crazy, no wonder the government and tobacco companies want a piece of the pie… 1 million vaping so far.

I bet you feel a lot better going 7 months!

Contraflow:
I’m a ■■■■■■■■ vaper. 16 months smoke free.

The term “■■■■■■■■ vaper” probably applies to me too. I vape a lot more than I used to smoke :smiley:

trubster:

DonutUK:

I really can not see the point in banning vaping in vehicles, there is no smell at all with them.

Is it a big company?

Moderate, got about 50 trucks, mixture of rigid and artic.

Can’t remember what the memo said…

Fair play if it gets you off the enemy.

DonutUK:

trubster:

DonutUK:

Is it a big company?

Moderate, got about 50 trucks, mixture of rigid and artic.

Can’t remember what the memo said…

Strange, I could understand the likes of stobart’s as an “Company Image” objection, but come on… how many drivers do you see flicking ■■■■ out of the window.

nhs.uk/news/2013/06june/page … aping.aspx

Is there any risk to others from e-cigarette vapour?
It’s not clear until more studies are done (see ‘Are e-cigarettes safe?’). Research to date has not shown the vapour to be harmful — it largely consists of water.

According to ASH: “Any health risks of secondhand exposure to propylene glycol vapour are likely to be limited to irritation of the throat.” To support this, it cites a 1947 study that exposed animals to propylene glycol for 12-18 months at doses 50 to 700 times the level the animal could absorb through inhalation. Compared to animals living in a normal room atmosphere, no irritation was found, and the kidney, liver, spleen and bone marrow were all found to be normal.

Our company only allow the use in the Smoking area.
I’ve been ■■■ free almost a year (cold turkey) and I kid you not at times I still look for a ■■■ for a puff subconsciously.

1 of the newbies who started the same time as me asked about the use and was told

smoke hut

I did ask about it as it seemed a tad unfair as the whole point of this guys usage was to quit the smelly ■■■■.
the answer and this was from a smoker doing the training is exactly what the NHS have said …

There is no YES or NO definitive answer if its safe , even for the passive smoker … so company’s are playing safe until the results are in …

I didn’t vape but I did use the nicorette inhalators to quit smoking. Although I had to buy a blue one because people kept asking why I was walking round with a tampon in my mouth. :blush:

I’m about 50/50 now between ■■■■ and vaping. I probably could go 100% vaping if I put my mind to it, but the simple truth is I enjoys ciggys.

I sometimes do wonder if co’s ban vaping just out of ignorance though? It is only water vapour so maybe they ban kettles too?

the maoster:
I sometimes do wonder if co’s ban vaping just out of ignorance though? It is only water vapour so maybe they ban kettles too?

I don’t think its Ignorance maoster I think its more of the lack of hard evidence along with the fear of law suits in todays culture, so anything that is not 100% like the gum and patches they segregate.

the maoster:
I’m about 50/50 now between ■■■■ and vaping. I probably could go 100% vaping if I put my mind to it, but the simple truth is I enjoys ciggys.

Get a different flavour, you can do it :smiley:

The number of places that now ban E-Cig’s is silly, busses, trains, train stations, shops, bars etc.

But I am not too fussed as I dont travel by bus or train etc.

I was on an plane last year and they were selling them on the plane! Didnt bother as it was only a short flight, not sure if they are still allowed on planes

bazstan009:

DonutUK:

Possibly because they are their vehicles and so they make the rules… :question:

‘Vaping’ is banned in a number of pubs around here.

it’s a bit like having a non-alcoholic beer, or a nice night out with a rubber doll :laughing:
three guys at work converted to vaping, six months later all of them are back on cigs. I quit three years ago after eight years of 30 a day, you either quit cold turkey or you don’t quit at all imo.

milodon:
it’s a bit like having a non-alcoholic beer, or a nice night out with a rubber doll :laughing:
three guys at work converted to vaping, six months later all of them are back on cigs. I quit three years ago after eight years of 30 a day, you either quit cold turkey or you don’t quit at all imo.

I stopped with help from my doctor. Have been smoke free for 5 years now. I still want one most days but it soon goes. As my doctor told me whatever help you may seek to stop, will only be help. It’s down to you if you can stop or not, you have to get your head right before you try.

bazstan009:

DonutUK:

simple , some power crazed little nobody in the office has realised that you have found a pleasing substitute for the ■■■■ they banned .you are there to do their bidding , not to enjoy yourself .