Vaping.

the maoster:
I sometimes do wonder if co’s ban vaping just out of ignorance though? It is only water vapour so maybe they ban kettles too?

If it’s only water vapour, why don’t the “vapers” just inhale from a kettle and be done with it? Be a ■■■■ sight cheaper too…

Got my first non disposable e-cig about 3 and a half years ago, not too long after my father lost out to cancer. It wasn’t up to much being one of the first on sale in the UK (Rok brand). I went cold turkey and quit ■■■■ for 18 months-ish which was easier than I thought for the first few months, then it got harder and harder until I was actually dreaming about ■■■■ and staring longingly at people smoking in the street. Some hard times saw me smoking again.
I thought I’d try vaping again with an ego-t starter set, much improved but it leaked from the tank and sometimes through the mouthpiece and, man, e-liquid is proper nasty if it gets in your mouth.
Switched to a vivi-nova tank which are very good indeed, now I use one of these…

Innokin itaste vtr

Really pleased with this, it’s well worth the outlay (£65). Doesn’t leak, clouds of vapour and feels ■■■■ near indestructible.
As for the health issues debate I discussed this with my GP and was told that, by 2018, the NHS plans to license e-cigs and liquid as a medicine to be provided as nicotine replacement therapy much like patches and inhalers. This leads me to believe that testing is well under way and nothing sinister has yet been found. The one concession I make to the unknown factors is I only use e-liquid made in America as it is subject to quality control testing and FDA approved ingredients, unlike cheaper Chinese e-liquids which have no controls at all and have been tested here to find wildly varying levels of nicotine even in branded 0mg liquids.

I’m lucky in that my firm don’t seem to give a monkey’s, several drivers use them in the yard (self included).

I was on an plane last year and they were selling them on the plane! Didnt bother as it was only a short flight, not sure if they are still allowed on planes

Went to Cuba last year with Tomas Cook. They allow you to take then on the plane, But you are NOT allow to use it

The French Government are concerned about E-Cigs, safety, health etc.etc. then the News broadcast showed the Tax difference between E and real cigs.Real cigs carry a tax of about 80%
while E’s carry a tax of about 4%, figures not accurate but it was a massive difference hardly surprising they wanted E’s banned, is it the same in the UK??

nick2008:

the maoster:
I sometimes do wonder if co’s ban vaping just out of ignorance though? It is only water vapour so maybe they ban kettles too?

I don’t think its Ignorance maoster I think its more of the lack of hard evidence along with the fear of law suits in todays culture, so anything that is not 100% like the gum and patches they segregate.

I reckon you hit the nail on the head with the lawsuit thing Nick. In their defence I suppose it’s easier to avoid a lawsuit than fight one!

To all on here that use e cigs, they are at this moment under threat. The EU are presently in the throws of regulating them out of existence even though they have proven health benefits.
You need to start badgering your MP and MEP with your personal stories of the way that vaping has helped you
Have a read of this to get you started
ukvapers.org/Thread-Action-neede … ective-now

replaced ■■■■ with vaping 8 months ago not touched a ■■■ since and i was on 50g rolling tobaco every 4 days even got the wife on one now

I’ve been a vaper (is that a word?) since April 2012.

I’d tried vaping for a little while, whilst keeping a packet of normal cigs close at hand, but in my case the switch to vaping went without any drama whatsoever. I haven’t touched a normal ciggy since, and TBH I have no wish to. :smiley:

I’ve been on electronic ciggies since august 2012, ordinary ego-t with tobacco flavour. I feel a lot healthier and am saving money although more and more places are banning them like the wether spoons pub chain etc I won’t go back to smoking ■■■■ . Mrs dilbert on them as well . I buy all my juice and spares off a market stall in southampton.

I think it’s just the concern that the exhaled vapour has nicotine in which may be passively inhaled by someone else.

It doesn’t bother me but in today’s namby pamby culture…

Silver_Surfer:
I think it’s just the concern that the exhaled vapour has nicotine in which may be passively inhaled by someone else.

Interesting point about todays “Namby Pamby Culture”

I was reading on another site that companies are sending the Vapers to the Smokers area and the vapers are all kicking off about the “Passive Smoke”.

It is a very good point, we Vape to be Smoke Free, the smoking ban was brought in to protect non smokers elf and safety, then they go and throw vapers (non smokers) in the same cage as the smokers.

trubster:

Silver_Surfer:

I was reading on another site that companies are sending the Vapers to the Smokers area and the vapers are all kicking off about the “Passive Smoke”.

It is a very good point, we Vape to be Smoke Free, the smoking ban was brought in to protect non smokers elf and safety, then they go and throw vapers (non smokers) in the same cage as the smokers.

They still have NO hard fact evidence that vaping is safe …that’s why company’s still see it as smoking.
As for not vaping in the vehicle the company could say that if your vaping you don’t have full control the same way that the police can do you for eating or drinking whilst driving .

nick2008:
They still have NO hard fact evidence that vaping is safe …that’s why company’s still see it as smoking.

I have seen no evidence to the contrary either.

nick2008:
As for not vaping in the vehicle the company could say that if your vaping you don’t have full control the same way that the police can do you for eating or drinking whilst driving .

Yep, or picking your nose, changing the radio or looking at the naked bird in the car next to you… have the companies banned these activities too?

nick2008:

trubster:

Silver_Surfer:

If you had bothered to do a simple search on the net you would have found numerous scientific studies proving without any doubt that vaping is safe
I will start you off
onvaping.com/the-ultimate-list-of-studies-on-e-cigarettes-and-their-safety/

happy reading

Big Roy … If you had BOTHERED as you put things to have read the whole thread you might have seen I HAVE :unamused:

Big Roy:
If you had bothered to do a simple search on the net you would have found numerous scientific studies proving without any doubt that vaping is safe
I will start you off
onvaping.com/the-ultimate-list-of-studies-on-e-cigarettes-and-their-safety/

happy reading

nick2008:
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/06june/pages/e-cigarettes-and-vaping.aspx

Is there any risk to others from e-cigarette vapour?
It’s not clear until more studies are done (see ‘Are e-cigarettes safe?’). Research to date has not shown the vapour to be harmful — it largely consists of water.

According to ASH: “Any health risks of secondhand exposure to propylene glycol vapour are likely to be limited to irritation of the throat.” To support this, it cites a 1947 study that exposed animals to propylene glycol for 12-18 months at doses 50 to 700 times the level the animal could absorb through inhalation. Compared to animals living in a normal room atmosphere, no irritation was found, and the kidney, liver, spleen and bone marrow were all found to be normal.

Our company only allow the use in the Smoking area.
I’ve been ■■■ free almost a year (cold turkey) and I kid you not at times I still look for a ■■■ for a puff subconsciously.

1 of the newbies who started the same time as me asked about the use and was told

smoke hut

I did ask about it as it seemed a tad unfair as the whole point of this guys usage was to quit the smelly ■■■■.
the answer and this was from a smoker doing the training is exactly what the NHS have said …

There is no YES or NO definitive answer if its safe , even for the passive smoker … so company’s are playing safe until the results are in …

And if you want I could quite happily supply the other web sites that show differing VIEWS on the subject .

How did you put it Happy reading :wink:

Views are not facts though, are they?

trubster:
Views are not facts though, are they?

the link is all research trubster …

I don’t give a toss if someone wants to use em to be honest. I got a deal with a lad at work for a kit for my boy.

I’m lucky I had to quit …

much like drinking some ppl p it up every night and some just like the odd tipple.

Are the governbent going to ban it today in private cars whilst carrying kids, it wouldn’t surprise me if they do

I gave up smoking a few years ago for seven months and during that time I have never felt so ill, aches and pains and a constant flu like condition. Had a few bevvies too many one night and picked up some ones packet of ciggies and struck one up and was soon back on 40 a day but all nasty feelings soon disappeared. I keep a fully charged E cig in my pocket for when in places where real ■■■■ are banned even on planes and trains. (cup it in ur hand and pretend to look out of the window) works for me :slight_smile:

trubster:

Contraflow:
I’m a ■■■■■■■■ vaper. 16 months smoke free.

The term “■■■■■■■■ vaper” probably applies to me too. I vape a lot more than I used to smoke :smiley:

This ^^^^ applies to me and my wife now after 4 weeks stinky free :slight_smile: :slight_smile: