Van Rates

Does anyone know the rates that companys charge for a mercedes sprinter type van and a combi small van with a driver is it by the hour load or by mileage or a combination of all three,

Thanks in advance

If this is for yourself,

Without sounding rude you should really know this already.

It depends on the job.

1k per day

it s okay about the rude part dont worry u wont offend me :slight_smile:

it is for myself i have recently moved to uk from ireland and am exploring all options on what to work at i have class 1 licence and reason i am asking i wouldnt have a clue what s what in uk where as in ireland i would know every rate off the top of my head so as far as i am concerned like everything in life if u dont ask u will never know as i am sure like ireland there is lots of rate s for the same job but all i was looking for was an indicator not to much to ask i think after all isnt this what the forum is here for for helping fellow drivers and operators

vinny

Sprinter fridge - 85p a mile.

thanks b1 ggk much appreciated

depends where you are in the uk tbh as the rates so vary

but if you work on similar rates to ireland then you cant go far wrong with it

B1 GGK:

■■? really where did you get that from :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Here’s an example of rates for you:

noble-expresscouriers.com/prices/

Paul

repton your a star thanks ever so much thats exactly what i wanted to know

vinny

Now you have your rates (& hopefully a van lol :laughing: ) have a look here …

www.gtmuk.com
www.shed5.co.uk
www.codforum.org.uk

and then theres www.courierexchange.co.uk if your a millionaire!

… plenty of info for you to go through! :sunglasses:

Thanks zebadee van to come yet :unamused: and your right about courier exchange have to win the lotto before u can join them :unamused: but compared with the jobs they show you on the net they def seem the busiest but a lot of them could be ghost jobs

Jaysus, £1.15 per mile for a large van! There’s blokes running artics for that!!! :unamused: Okay it’s loaded and not all miles but if it ran right you could make some money. No tacho either!

Silver_Surfer:
Jaysus, £1.15 per mile for a large van! There’s blokes running artics for that!!! :unamused: Okay it’s loaded and not all miles but if it ran right you could make some money. No tacho either!

it is normally per loaded mile so there can be a lot of “dead milage”

you still have the domestic driving hours to think of workin time 11 hrs per 24 drivin 10 hrs

animal:

B1 GGK:

Yeh really :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Steady hassle free work and based local to us.

codforum.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6207

B1 GGK:

animal:

B1 GGK:

Yeh really :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Steady hassle free work and based local to us.

Is that per loaded mile :question: :question:

as i was on more that that a few yrs back when runnin mine that all but each to there own

It realy depends if your subbying or got your own end users (if you know the difference :open_mouth: )

I normally charge other couriers & transport Co’s between £0.95 & £1.15 for our xlwb Sprinters, end users are charged upto £1.30.

As stated above, these are only loaded miles which is where the freight exchanges come into it, getting return loads, just like the big truckers!

Couriers & van drivers/operators seem to be more upto date with the latest techno stuff for mobile communications, laptops/phones/blackberrys etc which all the websites try to make use of!

Of course, you can’t beat the little black/red book of contacts, gained from many,many years of experience in the transport industry! :laughing:

zebadee i have ran the sprinters for years in ireland and never had any probs with them total reliable have ran transits all pre 00 the older shape and found them okay although give a little trouble not a lot they were easy repair but def not able for the weights the sprinters were able for but in your opinion what u think of the newer shape transits have driven a few and find them far more comfortable then the sprinter power wise not sure of as only drove with light loads and also are they reliable like the sprinter

The older Sprinters better than the newer one, especially on payload but you cant beat the reliability!

That said, I would now go out & buy the VW Crafter, same as Sprinter but cheaper and they’re all better than a ■■■■■■ IMHO