Vaccinations and us Drivers

Yeh I know, just what we need another Covid thread :unamused: …sorry. :smiley:

This is from a neutral point of view btw, I ain’t been influenced by the doom mongers and/or obsessives, and I ain’t one of your ‘Covid is a conspiracy’ crew either… I’m just wondering how we stand (as drivers) from here with all this stuff.

It looks like after today we’re going up into a lockdown like we had in April, and due to the virtual failure of the one implemented a few weeks ago, it’s going to be policed far more strictly (just what we need eh? :unamused: )

Now last time I was unlucky enough (or from my pov secretly ‘lucky’ enough :smiley: ) to be on furlough (in the sun :sunglasses: :smiley: )…
So this time I won’t be, I’ll be in with the Govt’s cannon fodder to be at the ‘‘Mercy of killer Covid’’ :open_mouth: (not being entirely serious btw, but I will be careful all the same)

My point is with us being ‘‘Essential’’ or ‘Key’’ workers (or llike I said, cannon fodder) should we not be among the first to get vaccinated to keep us going.■■

Now from my pov, my desire to get one is based purely on selfish gain rather than fear,…to explain, .as I’ve said before on here, that in the near future you’ll be allowed to do the far end of ■■■■ all socially, unless you carry a card to say you’ve had it…mark my words :bulb: ,
So I’d like to cash in on this by making sure I get a few Sundays in the pub, go to a couple of Newcastle games, and a holiday in Cyprus next year. :smiley:

To be serious for a minute, there are those on here that are secretly ■■■■■■■■ themselves over Covid, so do you not think due to our ‘Key’ or ‘Essential’ status, (which is a laugh if you compare us with front line health workers :unamused: ) that we should have an element of early priority?

For instance my Mrs who is a bit timid about all this stuff tbh, went on some kind of website that gives you a rough guide as to when you qualify for a vaccine, depending on age, occupation status etc and it came back as Nov/Dec 21, (which made her even worse. :unamused: )
She went on to put me in there, and I came back the same. :neutral_face:

So basically if we listen to some on here, all us drivers won’t be watching Jools Holland next New Years Eve.!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Last in the queue old chap, you should know by now we are essential key workers when supermarket shelves are empty but back to scum of the earth when they can get their bog roll and pringles :laughing: :laughing:

Fuzrat:
Last in the queue old chap, you should know by now we are essential key workers when supermarket shelves are empty but back to scum of the earth when they can get their bog roll and pringles :laughing: :laughing:

Yep, I already knew that,…but you’ve got to try innit. :smiley:

Unless Boris has a second police force of about 2 million officers up his sleeve it won’t be policed any differently to last time.

A friend of mine is a senior officer and they really haven’t got the time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well we’ve only just finished a fortnight of getting the message across that drivers are low risk because they work on their own and hardly meet anyone. So how are we going to promote the opposite message while keeping a straight face? :smiley:

Fortunately for me I’m now immune to any Virus or diseases for the next 10 year as I had to use the toilet in the garage last week at Barton park truckstop and I think if I can survive that I can fight off anything :laughing: :laughing:

We are front line workers(so some say)that can be replaced at a drop of a hat, always someone to step into your shoes, so i would take this front line thing at a pinch of salt, it’s the unity that makes us special, one for all and all for one.

Bigtruck3:
it’s the unity that makes us special, one for all and all for one.

:laughing: Now I KNOW you’re taking the ■■■■. :smiley:

From a personal point of view, i’m not having a vaccine that was made in 1/10th the time it usually takes, and where the makers and those administering this fast tracked fast tested experimental drug are not to be held responsible should it prove in due course to be something Mengele might have been proud of.

What does concern me is if companies are forced to have vaccinated workforces, presumably the company will be making themselves responsible if they force you, with menaces, ie your job on the line, to have the vaccine.
A re-run of BS5750? only certified vaccinated able to trade with others the same, non compliant companies to join the millions that will be on the dole, sorry, basic income, queue.
Big business and mates of ministers and apparatchiks, will thrive

Good luck to those who want it as well as those of us who don’t, i hope sincerely it won’t be compulsory under threat of internment/re-education camps, but as that has already been officialy rejected as govt policy then its a dead cert, together with the mark-of-the-beast indentity papers, maybe not needed once you get the modern equivalent of the concentration camp tattoo, a machine readable tag or implant?.

I have been in the process of booking a road trip for 2 weeks in September the the USA. Then I today went on that online calculator and it said Im ticket number 38,844,493 and due to be vacinated by 2nd July 2022!!!
I immediatley tore up the travel brochure and started planning for a week in Skeggie lol

Juddian:
From a personal point of view, i’m not having a vaccine that was made in 1/10th the time it usually takes, and where the makers and those administering this fast tracked fast tested experimental drug are not to be held responsible should it prove in due course to be something Mengele might have been proud of.

What does concern me is if companies are forced to have vaccinated workforces, presumably the company will be making themselves responsible if they force you, with menaces, ie your job on the line, to have the vaccine.
A re-run of BS5750? only certified vaccinated able to trade with others the same, non compliant companies to join the millions that will be on the dole, sorry, basic income, queue.
Big business and mates of ministers and apparatchiks, will thrive

Good luck to those who want it as well as those of us who don’t, i hope sincerely it won’t be compulsory under threat of internment/re-education camps, but as that has already been officialy rejected as govt policy then its a dead cert, together with the mark-of-the-beast indentity papers, maybe not needed once you get the modern equivalent of the concentration camp tattoo, a machine readable tag or implant?.

That’s how I feel/felt Juddian, I’m all for resistance to authority, but it’s ■■■■■■■ against the wind mate.
Ok, they won’t force you, but they WILL coerce, bribe, or blackmail you. :bulb:
I’ve already said what has changed my mind on this,.albeit reluctantly, but as I said on another thread, given the choice, I’d rather LIVE for one ten or so years,.than just exist for 20.
Call me fickle, call me irresponsible and immature, but…I like my social life too much mate, which I work for each year. :bulb:

We should be classed as key workers and given priority.
Thing that bugs me with this vacine . It’s made over here. Doesn’t need any special storage as such.

So I don’t know why he doesn’t.open all surgeries community centres. Sports centres etcetc. Enlist the army st Johns ambulances
as not hard really to inject people if your from a medical background etc . And get it going 24 7 .get it done asap. Instead seems like it will be office hours Mon to Friday.
Just get on With it ffs

Find a way to mix the vaccine in alcohol, open the pubs back up and hey presto, the majority of the country vaccinated within days.

You’re welcome Boris.

edd1974:
Thing that bugs me with this vacine . It’s made over here. Doesn’t need any special storage as such.

So I don’t know why he doesn’t.open all surgeries community centres. Sports centres etcetc. Enlist the army st Johns ambulances
as not hard really to inject people if your from a medical background etc . And get it going 24 7 .get it done asap. Instead seems like it will be office hours Mon to Friday.
Just get on With it ffs

Not as simple as that, there have to be teams/modules set up in the soon to be up and running high production vaccination centres, emergency equipment ready and trained staff on hand because quite a few people have nasty reactions to the jabs within a very short period of time, no you won’t know about this from the state broadcasting machine.

robroy:

Juddian:

That’s how I feel/felt Juddian, I’m all for resistance to authority, but it’s ■■■■■■■ against the wind mate.
I’ve already said what has changed my mind on this,.albeit reluctantly, but as I said on another thread, given the choice, I’d rather LIVE for one ten or so years,.than just exist for 20.
Call me fickle, call me irresponsible and immature, but…I like my social life too much mate, which I work for each year. :bulb:

They won’t call you any of those names mate and nor would i, it’s people like me they will call deniers irresponsible or extremists, shortly before the brown shirts or whatever is planned come knocking.

I’m also prepared to live an alternative way of life for the rest of my time rather than go along with their planned utopia, you might find two or more parallel communities running alongside each other in the future, i’ll be in the other camp, probably behind the barked wire, chuck us a tinny mate :smiling_imp:

edd1974:

Yep IF they genuinely considered us as ‘key’ , we would be there.
They would be putting their money where their mouth is, but like I said, irrespective of whether you believe the official line on Covid or not, we are seen as Cannon fodder, plenty of us to replace the others which also refutes the famous ‘Driver shortage’ myth.
Still, if this plague is as prevalent to death as they say, at least the myth will come true, and the pay rates upped for those of us/you who survive. :bulb: :smiley:

Juddian:

robroy:

Juddian:

They won’t call you any of those names mate and nor would i, it’s people like me they will call deniers irresponsible or extremists, shortly before the brown shirts or whatever is planned come knocking.

I’m also prepared to live an alternative way of life for the rest of my time rather than go along with their planned utopia, you might find two or more parallel communities running alongside each other in the future, i’ll be in the other camp, probably behind the barked wire, chuck us a tinny mate :smiling_imp:

Got to admire you for sticking to your principles mate. :sunglasses:
Can’t fault ya for it.

Me and my way?
I see it as winning by losing…or even by appearing to lose.

The outcome ?
They get what they want.
But
So do I…everybody’s happy. :sunglasses:

I’ve just seen an article saying that Indonesia (i think it was) are planning on starting with working age adults as a priority.
They said they didn’t have the proof at this time that the vaccine would help the vulnerable etc etc.
[emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
I’ve just seen an article saying that Indonesia (i think it was) are planning on starting with working age adults as a priority.
They said they didn’t have the proof at this time that the vaccine would help the vulnerable etc etc.
[emoji2369][emoji2369]

At least they didn’t do what this country did…vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable first, as an experiment. :bulb:
It will never be admitted, but that’s my theory anyhoo.

robroy:

polytrotter:
[emoji2369][emoji2369]

At least they didn’t do what this country did…vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable first, as an experiment. :bulb:
It will never be admitted, but that’s my theory anyhoo.

Not sure i’d want it the other way round either… [emoji54][emoji54]