Use of fog lights

Why do many truck drivers seem to think it’s acceptable to roll around with fog lights on when it’s not foggy? Does the law regarding vehicle lights not apply to us? Last time I checked it did.

Socks and ■■■■■■■■■ go hand in hand?

sorry for the intrusion,but did someone just mention socks■■? :open_mouth:

DickyNick:
Why do many truck drivers seem to think it’s acceptable to roll around with fog lights on when it’s not foggy? Does the law regarding vehicle lights not apply to us? Last time I checked it did.

Because it might be heavy rain and you dont want someone to go into the back of you?

Is it foggy in the UK summer?

More sock based shenanigans, love it!!!

images.jpeg-87.jpg

hers another useful tip.
cheap and effective.
also on topic as sock/truck related.

moneyversed.com/sock-full-of-kitty-litter/

whether frantically scrubbing your dash/screen or skiddies,then theres obviously the chance you could get done for not being in proper control,but surely a small price to pay.
it also could be useful for a night out if you fancy a bit of rough for a change,though id reckon it would be best used with the litter that the cats hadnt used though leaving it on the demister for a while beforehand may set a certain ambience?

No straight answers as usual! It’s blatantly obvious any thing that drivers do wrong is generally not accepted on this forum.In denial springs to mind.Anyone who dares mention the baddies just gets childish abuse. They do it for the same reason as car drivers do it. They seem to think it makes them feel more important. Look at me in my big truck with all my fancy lights. :unamused: Same as the ones with flashing lights that use them when they should not. :unamused:
Makes them feel important but in reality just gives all drivers a bad name. You might think being a so called professional driver might make them want to do things the correct way but at times it seems the opposite. Professionalism. :unamused:

FFS. What should I do.

biggriffin:
FFS. What should I do.

Oh jeez…

That’s bad.

This could be the start of an involuntary limp.

I recommend some extra padded heel socks and then try rolling your ankles around whilst you’re stuck in a jam on the M6.

Good luck!

Did you know that odd socks disappear into the HOZONE layer?

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:
FFS. What should I do.

Oh jeez…

That’s bad.

This could be the start of an involuntary limp.

I recommend some extra padded heel socks and then try rolling your ankles around whilst you’re stuck in a jam on the M6.

Good luck!

I suppose it’s my own fault, for not completing a proper walk round check before starting this morning, I’m worried what a pointy shoes might say or do…

jakethesnake:
No straight answers as usual! It’s blatantly obvious any thing that drivers do wrong is generally not accepted on this forum.In denial springs to mind.Anyone who dares mention the baddies just gets childish abuse. They do it for the same reason as car drivers do it. They seem to think it makes them feel more important. Look at me in my big truck with all my fancy lights. :unamused: Same as the ones with flashing lights that use them when they should not. :unamused:
Makes them feel important but in reality just gives all drivers a bad name. You might think being a so called professional driver might make them want to do things the correct way but at times it seems the opposite. Professionalism. :unamused:

Alright Jakey.
A recent fridge “professional” got handed his arse. By me.

I would suggest you check your "Professional " credentials before you engage in a willy waving contest.

Sock trivia is trending right now, rolled up and stuffed in to the ears, they seem to blank out the incessant nonsense of internet trolls.
Just saying.

People that cant take criticism well simply means that their ego is not permitting them to look at the issue. There can be a lot behind this from a persons past and hence their reality and how they view themselves. Some of us simply cant handle being wrong, or see what we think are flaws in ourselves.

On any other forum you get discussion and different thoughts and angles on subjects. You even get people admitting they are wrong but on this one you get childish people.(only a handful but always the same ones) :unamused:

I see another usual suspect has popped up spouting his usual tripe.

Can’t say I’ve noticed many.
Will count them tonight…and report back

Not sure about modern trucks but I often use the front fogs on the car to supplement the abysmal dipped beam lights.They provide a valuable spread of light to pick out suicidal pedestrians and cyclists riding on sparsely lit or unlit local roads without lights and numerous massive pot holes and craters in the road.They’re also low enough not to bother oncoming traffic like main beam lights.Also notice many others doing the same.

biggriffin:
FFS. What should I do.

Needs a bit of duct tape on that, or it’ll leak.
Bernard

Carryfast:
Not sure about modern trucks but I often use the front fogs on the car to supplement the abysmal dipped beam lights.They provide a valuable spread of light to pick out suicidal pedestrians and cyclists riding on sparsely lit or unlit local roads without lights and numerous massive pot holes and craters in the road.They’re also low enough not to bother oncoming traffic like main beam lights.Also notice many others doing the same.

Even though such usage of them is illegal…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

commonrail:
Can’t say I’ve noticed many.
Will count them tonight…and report back

A sensible reply. Hallelujah. Having not driven in the UK for sometime I can’t comment on recent events although I doubt much has changed. It used to be dreadful as soon as there as a little fog every tom ■■■■ and harry put their fog lamps on especially rear ones. You could see half a mile in front of you and the clown a few hundred yards in front had their fog lamps on. :unamused:
Front ones were just left on to make the wee men feel like big men. :laughing:

Carryfast:

I understand, one of the many that makes their own rules. :wink:

jakethesnake:
People that cant take criticism well simply means that their ego is not permitting them to look at the issue. There can be a lot behind this from a persons past and hence their reality and how they view themselves. Some of us simply cant handle being wrong, or see what we think are flaws in ourselves.

On any other forum you get discussion and different thoughts and angles on subjects. You even get people admitting they are wrong but on this one you get childish people.(only a handful but always the same ones) :unamused:

I see another usual suspect has popped up spouting his usual tripe.

You will find Dicky posts stuff that is anti driver. So people tend to dish it to him. Me pesonally i dont like taxis i have had my problems with them.