Use mobile phone

if stop at road side.and i need call to customer.need switch off engine and parking brake aplly.but if engine running(lorry parked) and i am make call -police can give penalty■■?

Yep, you’ll get nicked for even touching a mobile phone if your engine is running, even if you are parked.

Harry Monk:
Yep, you’ll get nicked for even touching a mobile phone if your engine is running, even if you are parked.

if i am pareked lorry or car at road side whey not yellow line,or any anothet restriction-same rulles-of engine■■?

When i worked in the drainnage game one night i went out in the van with another driver,we pulled over and the guy driving made a call and a police man walked up to us and got really ■■■■■■ with him and gave him 3 points and a fine cant remember how much but he said as the engine was running he could do this,proper c…k he was,the upshot was the guy i was with took it to court and won.

Take a look at the Transport Photo Forum under car park crash,and work it out for yourself !!!

Harry Monk:

Technically if the engine is running you are deemed as being in control of the vehicle, whether it’s parked or not. Same as being stuck in traffic i suppose so it’s safest to switch it off.

smarty1972:

Harry Monk:

Technically if the engine is running you are deemed as being in control of the vehicle, whether it’s parked or not. Same as being stuck in traffic i suppose so it’s safest to switch it off.

I believe that if you are in the driving seat with the keys in the ignition, you are deemed to be in control of the vehicle whether the engine is running or not. same as if you have too much to drink and decide to sleep it off in the pub car park, if the keys are in the ignition, you can be done for drink driving!
I would add that any copper who did you for phoning with the engine off, needs his truncheon rammed where the sun don’t shine!