URGENT! Avoid London aream - Terror attack

Terrorists have exploded numerous bombs in the central London area. All transport systems in London are either shut down or at a standstill.

Multiple blasts paralyse London

Firefighters aid an injured passenger at Aldgate station
Large numbers of casualties have been reported after at least six explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.
Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused “terrible injuries”.

All Tube services and bus services in central London have been suspended.

“The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been,” Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there had been at least six explosions, but said the picture was still “very confused”.

Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King’s Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

Source: BBC News. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Official Police instructions to all within London is to remain where you are, do not attempt to travel.

An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks.

■■■■■■■ dirty evil scum :imp:
the powers to be should come down so ■■■■■■■ hard on these murdering coward [zb] :imp:
poor people going about their daily business subjected to this terror by dirty evil scum doing it in the name of their god,

My thoughts and prayers are with the inocent victims.

i know what you mean but had to edit,jb

Just to reiterate what Alli has said

Police advice is

London is off limits today, do not attempt to enter the capitol

As far as this website goes,
We deplore the bombing of London, however the rules and guidelines of this website remain in force,

Although feelings may run high, and all are free to express their feelings on this situation, please keep the use of bad language and attacks on any person/race/religion off this website.

I’d like to echo Rikki’s call for restraint. As an adopted Londoner who uses public transport (including one of the tube lines affected) several times a week on my way to Truck & Driver towers I’m as frightened and appalled by what has happened as anyone.

Whatever people think of the capital we are always the ones that get it in the neck and this time we’re paying the price for Blair’s sycophancy to Bush.

Despite that these are the actions of a small group of fanatics, they should not influence how we react to our neighbours (literally in my case) of different colours, religions and faiths who are as disgusted and likely to be injured by these acts of violence as every other Londoner.

I know how Suffolk Boy must feel, I’ve had enquires about the safety of T&D team (all fine), from as far afield as Scotland and Germany but if we divide against each other we are doing the terrorist’s job for them.

Dave I heard a rumour that the station next door to your office was shut for while today.

I also t ink what has happend today is sick but on the same note I also believe that if it hadn’t been for teflon tony’s immigration policy of using truck drivers as unpaid border (even penalised if they failed to spot any clandestines entering their vehicles) guards maybe we wouldn’t have any (suicide) bombers here in the first place.

How many would be terrorists are now in the country because the government decided they wanted to make money out of the haulage industry rather than work with it in keeping illegals from entering via the channel ports?

Also why is it that Maritime Container Services thinks that because there has been a bombing campaign in London I’ts empty container base on the Isle of Grain has now become a target & is searching all the vehicles for bombs going in there?
And what would they do if they did find one - ban the driver from site?

well i hate to say it but it has been a long time coming …

what do you expect no borders controls if they are manned they are looking in the wrong direction i was listening to talk sport a while ago and someone phoned in saying that leeds bradford airport had a sign up saying

" if you have anything to declare please phone this number and a member of staff will be with you shortly "

and thats without mentioning all the people entering the country in trailers with god knows what with them.

i hope this opens up teflons eyes to who’s coming in that they dont know about.

whats worse is if they are suicide bombers this is just the beginning.

Please accept my deepest condolences for your losses. I can truly empathize with what has been done to your great country and hope and pray for your protection and safety. As Allikat stated earlier today for your country:

This red, white and blue will keep on flying no matter what!

Well said Allikat!

north surrey haulage:
Also why is it that Maritime Container Services thinks that because there has been a bombing campaign in London I’ts empty container base on the Isle of Grain has now become a target & is searching all the vehicles for bombs going in there?
And what would they do if they did find one - ban the driver from site?

:open_mouth: Full of their self importance no doubt, - Dreamers that they are. :unamused: :unamused: :imp:

What a dreadful day for those directly affected. Deepest sympathy to them.

I hope that one day those responsible are caught and brought to justice.

my other half was born in scotland and has lived in the uk all her life yet can she get a passport? this will be her third attempt but coming in to this country is exactly the opposite :imp:

While I think of it why ,if these people want to be hero’s to their own kind,dont they ever strike against military targets.

Surely they would be that much greater a martyr if they attacked a military base as opposed to innocent men,women & children just going about their daily business.

These people obviously cant read otherwise they could have ad their history books & seen that terroism by bombing just dosn’t work against Londoners (or any other part of the UK for that matter) as the IRA can tell you.

Oh yeah it is awful around in my home area London… loads of traffic!!!

Lucky me, Thank god… Today I had been use the tube and buses and train for to college, I went to King Cross Stn abt 7.45am for catch the tube but later bomb begin in 8.30am, this time i was at north london and college, it is safe but i heard from my mum, she said major lots of tube stn closure and bomb too so she come along way to enfield and pick me up to home then late afternoon i had driving lesson! so i watched the TV news, it is awful!!! thank god and think pray for other people suffers in London today! :cry:

Ben

We had a driver caught up in the Edgware Rd area,and was told not to move until instructed to do so.He’s now at our HQ in Northampton.

I also have some friends in Rochester,Kent,and I know he works in the city,so I rung him up this evening,and he told me he took the day off today,and he’s currently working on a site very near to Kings Cross!!!

My thoughts however,go to the innocent victims of this terrible tragedy. :cry:

Ken.

My thoughts are with those killed or injured and their families.
A HUGE THANK YOU to the emergency Services for their amazing efforts, and to those who helped out.

We may not be able to help in that type of way, but we can help out, contact the National Blood Service and find out if they could do with a pint of blood off you, the injured will surely need it and be grateful.

same thing with my bro works on a building site in the city and uses train and tube to get in to work but is usually on site by 7am.
my old man tried to ring his mobile but got no reply so poned the cambridge office and he was there all day.
even though i no longer live in the uk i am still proud to be british and will fly the st georges cross in my unit when i start on monday.
my thoughts go out to all the familys of the murdered and injered.
as has been said this is just a mindless action by a minority that is forcing there views on a majority that will not bow to them.
let us not forget that fellow drivers are multi-race and multi-religon and do not hold the views of this mindless minority, and we must not tar them with the same brush the job is difficault enough as it is.
drive carefully and keep your eyes open.
salut
chris

curse the scum that did this praise the emergencey services stuff the politics lets get on with KEEPING ENGLAND GREAT the greatest thing about us is that even after a thing like this we WON’T chase our neighbours with pick axes and swords just becuase they are the same race as the people that did it
we are smart enough to know that not all islamists are the same as these ■■■■■■■■■
sincere sympathies to those affected
get on with it to those not

Surely they would be that much greater a martyr if they attacked a military base as opposed to innocent men,women & children just going about their daily business.

And military personnel aren’t innocent people going about their daily buisness :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well let me tell you why,These so called coward’s want maximum coverage via tv,radio and newspaper’s,and where is better to hit than the heart off the biggest city in England.We have had two scare’s up here in Scotland,1 in Glasgow,( at a hospital),the 2nd was in Princes street.

NSH.Just to make you aware,at a military sentry post the solider’s have gun’s with live bullet’s( ie one’s that kill you).That is why these cowards won’t hit a military establishment,because they the soliders fight back.The public can’t.

My heart goes out to all the family’s that have lost loved one’s,and to those that have loved one’s in hospital. :cry: :cry:

First of all, Id like to offer my condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in this evil, cowardly attack. My views are posted on another website, but I darent post them on here, because I am filled with anger, and I fear I may go over the top. The only view I will post on here is this - if they don`t like our way of life, why do they choose to live in our country. They can always go home and blow themselves off the face off the earth
Regards
Trev

Trevor Parry:
First of all, Id like to offer my condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in this evil, cowardly attack. My views are posted on another website, but I darent post them on here, because I am filled with anger, and I fear I may go over the top. The only view I will post on here is this - if they don`t like our way of life, why do they choose to live in our country. They can always go home and blow themselves off the face off the earth
Regards
Trev

Don’t tar them all with the same brush m8. :wink:

kitkat:

Trevor Parry:
Regards
Trev

Don’t tar them all with the same brush m8. :wink:

…and chances are that it wasn’t any of ‘those’ that actually live in this country.

We’ve got to be careful where & how we channel our anger and frustration (easier said than done, I know!). One of the first organisations to publicly condem the bombings was the Muslim Council of Great Britain, which I thought was an important and welcome gesture.