Urgent advice...............needed

Hello all my problem as follows…
done a days work for a agency other week at said rate ,hour induction (unpaid) minus 45 mins break. total = 13 hours(to be paid) now the agency only wants to pay me 10 where do i stand with this (i signed in at 0515 ad signed out at 2000 total 14 hours 45mins)

thanks in advance :smiley:

Did you get a tacho printout?

what time was the shift scheduled to start?

i was told to report for duty at 0515 for induction.

wheelnutt:
Did you get a tacho printout?

Also did you get timesheet signed?

they have to pay you for the 13 hours

if the hour induction was agreed as unpaid, and the 45 minutes break was deducted, as you say, 13 hours pay due

I had no time sheet. cut long story short my normal agency let me down so was franticly ring around the agencies that im registered with to get work for that following day, i asked regarding this and she just told me to sign in/out which is what i did, i feel im being mugged… :imp:

Name & shame

oh i will if get no joy with them 2moro…

Name & shame anyway. It’s in our best interest that you do.

Boycie2013:
I had no time sheet. cut long story short my normal agency let me down so was franticly ring around the agencies that im registered with to get work for that following day, i asked regarding this and she just told me to sign in/out which is what i did, i feel im being mugged… :imp:

No timesheet, OK, did you at least take a tacho printout. What were the exact terms and conditions of your contract with your agency. There is a lot of detail missing here for anyone to give you informed advise.

Spam-Javelin:

Are you serious? We only have 4 lines of an anonymous poster to go by, we have no clue what contract was entered into, we don’t know any of the terms and conditions agreed, you are jumping the gun a bit here aren’t you and pick sides not knowing any of the details…

The OP came here for advise, not load up the bandwagon…

Ah well, just looked at the clock…

wheelnutt:

Spam-Javelin:

Are you serious? We only have 4 lines of an anonymous poster to go by, we have no clue what contract was entered into, we don’t know any of the terms and conditions agreed, you are jumping the gun a bit here aren’t you and pick sides not knowing any of the details…

The OP came here for advise, not load up the bandwagon…

Ah well, just looked at the clock…

Ohhh dear another one that likes to troll the boards looking for an argument. I have no reason not to believe this guy as we all hear about this kind of thing al the time.

Don’t expect another response wheelnut as I know when to remove myself from a possible argument.

Goodnight

yes took a print out
i have no terms and cons only on invoice says to pay within 5 days from date of invoive

Have they said why they only want to pay you for 10 hours? And as a rather obvious secondary question - Have you asked them?

nobody in the office…thing is i sent invoice to them on sunday so they have had all week to contact me. i have just resent them my invoice with a paragraph saying hours what i am owed.

Are you self employed?

Seems to me they are not paying for your spit rest break. As you have no terms and conditions agreed, there will not be much you can do about it. Give them a call in the morning and just ask them why they deducted the 3 hours from you and if they say that they don’t pay breaks at least you know for next time.

Don’t accept agency work unless your terms are clearly spelled out in writing beforehand, it is always good practise to print out your tacho, as you did, at the end of your shift as proof for yourself that you have indeed worked the hours you claim. If you work for an agency that does not pay your breaks, next time put it on POA instead and see what they do then. POA is a great tool for agency drivers working for companies that will not pay breaks, you are available and are only limited by the hours in the day, you are not refraining from work, as they can claim when you put it on break.

You don’t really have a lot to stand on here, let it be a lesson for next time. Not all agencies or employers for that matter are like this, as with everything else you need to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Good luck.

shuttlespanker:
they have to pay you for the 13 hours

They don’t have to do anything, they are an agency, they do what dafouq they want…:slight_smile:

Roymondo:
Have they said why they only want to pay you for 10 hours? And as a rather obvious secondary question - Have you asked them?

This is the most important bit, they must have a reason did you make the job last longer than it should to get back so near to a 15.