Ur`round i`ll have a caffe sambuca update 1

This was at Campogalliano customs, who remembers that dump ■■ only two good things about this place …the bar/ristorante and the road out !! Take a close look at the top right of the cab, a bloody great barn owl had flown into me on way down, made a mess of the cab, hopefully the poor owl din`t know much about it.

SEE I could rope & sheet…sort of :unamused:

ITALY 001 (640x435).jpg
Waiting to tip good old british-steel load middle of Milan,middle of summer,just stripped-out tilt,knackered :angry:

This guy worked for KUEHNE AND NAGEL, I think his name was Ian, dont know where he is now, had a problem with the exhaust stack, herd of straight through but not straight out :laughing:

Loaded for home! Think this was the Italian subsidiary of Massey/Ferguson somewhere down near Mantova I think, certainly beat loading 10 collections of tiles at modena, and then to Carrara for marble!! just drive em on drive em off.

MORE SOON GOING FOR MANGIARE+VINO

DUNNO WHY PHOTOS ARE DUPPLICATED I A`INT WORKED IT OUT YET :confused:

I worked it out and fixed it for ya!! dd. (Ex-Italy driver) :wink:
Atlate- Stradale map with Mike leeson & Tizianas company cover on it ..."Micor-Italia" they backloaded us most of the time. ![ITALY 035.jpg|800x600](upload://iami8kBpHgGalftiSBq1zYmm865.jpeg) ![ITALY 036.jpg|800x600](upload://44y9iOFyWpxnnU4qEE7KLDC2CAX.jpeg) Anybody remember this contraption?? It crossed thr autoroute down nr Metz. I think it was main-line gas pipes but may be wrong.

On way home with more tractors, these were SAMI tractors loaded from Treviglio, the shot was taken at the first sevices on the way down from the frejus on the French side.

Down at Campogalliano 2 weeks ago, yes still a dump, but now a dump filled with east europeans, bar/restaurant still providing good food but not many use it…they are all eating out of their trailer boxes! Rarely see many Brits abroad these days, just the ocassional Irish and the odd Pulleyn in Scandinavia…

Campo looks a bit posh, them Massey Ferguson look like Fords and the crack was much better if you walked over the bridge into the town :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t mind Campo at all, least it was clean…yes I too had 8 collections from Scandiano area…all tiles :frowning:

Wheel Nut:
Campo looks a bit posh, them Massey Ferguson look like Fords and the crack was much better if you walked over the bridge into the town :stuck_out_tongue:

Campo was ok, it was convenient for a shower and quick meal once you got your tiles on and needed to hightail it up to milan for groupage if you had a tilt on yer back, or in my case with the low-loader probably down to poxy carrara for marble,shouldnt knock it i suppose. Them tractors were loaded down near mantova way but cant remember where??, most times loaded tractors from SAMI TRACTORS in treviglio. Ur right the "crack" was beter in the town, but after a few vinos there were to many distractions if you know what i mean :wink:

Trubrit:
Didn’t mind Campo at all, least it was clean…yes I too had 8 collections from Scandiano area…all tiles :frowning:

Wish i had a quid or two for every tile collection i did down that sassuolo area would`t be still tramping for a crust now. Do you remember the clearing depot Fratelli Frascari Srl :question:

JIMCROSS:

Wheel Nut:

Campo was ok, it was convenient for a shower and quick meal once you got your tiles on and needed to hightail it up to milan for groupage if you had a tilt on yer back, or in my case with the low-loader probably down to poxy carrara for marble,shouldnt knock it i suppose. Them tractors were loaded down near mantova way but cant remember where??, most times loaded tractors from SAMI TRACTORS in treviglio. Ur right the "crack" was beter in the town, but after a few vinos there were to many distractions if you know what i mean :wink:

EUREKA *** Brains just clicked, The tractors were LAMBORGHINI yep same company as “THE LAMBORGHINI” remembered coz I used to nick the bages of the tractors, had the only minivan in uk with a Lamborghini badge. :slight_smile:

Trubrit:

Same here Col, Campo was OK by me too.

As long as you remembered to take a cardboard box and some secateurs with you. :wink:

Multiple tile collections around Modena… ? IIRC, I used to reload around Fiorano or Sassuolo, but I hardly ever got proper addresses!! :smiling_imp:

dieseldave:

Trubrit:

As long as you remembered to take a cardboard box and some secateurs with you. :wink:

Multiple tile collections around Modena… ? IIRC, I used to reload around Fiorano or Sassuolo, but I hardly ever got proper addresses!! :smiling_imp:

Used to backload through an outfit named "Micor-Italia"most of the 80s, the company was set up by a bloke named Mike Leason/leeson?,anyway he organised loads for E M Rogers, A S Rawlings, & several others, nearly allways tile collections first then groupage on top, according to him there were just under 400 tile companys in the sassuolo area and i can well believe it , think i most have loaded at all of them over the years.
I first came across him in the 70s when he worked for Thrapston Warehousing, and i worked for M&B Transport, he got friendly with a Italien woman who worked for “Saima” in Verona, he got lucky she married him and all was O.K. for him for quite a few years, but as they say all good things must come to an end and so it did some 13 years later when she blew him out in favour for an Italien doctor so rumour had it, can`t knock the bloke though, had some good free meals up around the shores of lake garda from him, no idear what happened to him or his ex, her name was Tizziana give you all one guess what we all called her,yep… ■■■■,still it was all taken in good heart. :wink:

JIMCROSS:

dieseldave:

Trubrit:

Used to backload through an outfit named "Micor-Italia"most of the 80s, the company was set up by a bloke named Mike Leason/leeson?,anyway he organised loads for E M Rogers, A S Rawlings, & several others, nearly allways tile collections first then groupage on top, according to him there were just under 400 tile companys in the sassuolo area and i can well believe it , think i most have loaded at all of them over the years.
I first came across him in the 70s when he worked for Thrapston Warehousing, and i worked for M&B Transport, he got friendly with a Italien woman who worked for “Saima” in Verona, he got lucky she married him and all was O.K. for him for quite a few years, but as they say all good things must come to an end and so it did some 13 years later when she blew him out in favour for an Italien doctor so rumour had it, can`t knock the bloke though, had some good free meals up around the shores of lake garda from him, no idear what happened to him or his ex, her name was Tizziana give you all one guess what we all called her,yep… ■■■■,still it was all taken in good heart. :wink:

Hullo,
Bloody hell Mike Leeson ? Now there is a name from the past. I wonder what he’s doing now eh ? thirty odd years later. Where’s all that time gone ?
Cheers, Archie.

Tiziana

she is still loading trucks with tiles today!
based in Verona (imr italia)loading the few Brits still running down there.

lovely lady for sure.

:smiley:

Archie Paice:

JIMCROSS:

dieseldave:

Trubrit:

I first came across him in the 70s when he worked for Thrapston Warehousing, and i worked for M&B Transport, he got friendly with a Italien woman who worked for “Saima” in Verona, he got lucky she married him and all was O.K. for him for quite a few years, but as they say all good things must come to an end and so it did some 13 years later when she blew him out in favour for an Italien doctor so rumour had it, can`t knock the bloke though, had some good free meals up around the shores of lake garda from him, no idear what happened to him or his ex, her name was Tizziana give you all one guess what we all called her,yep… “■■■■” still it was all taken in good heart. :wink:

Hullo,
Bloody hell Mike Leeson ? Now there is a name from the past. I wonder what he’s doing now eh ? thirty odd years later. Where’s all that time gone ?
Cheers, Archie.

Hi Archie, where does all the time go indeed!! sometimes it seems it was only yesterday, other times it feels like a world you just visited once, funny thing memory. Mike Leeson as far as i knew was originally from Hull, and the last i herd he was last seen dissapearing into the Humber sunset driving the E-TYPE-JAG he bought when times were good. :question:

chalkey:
Tiziana

she is still loading trucks with tiles today!
based in Verona (imr italia)loading the few Brits still running down there.

lovely lady for sure.

:smiley:

Well well so Tiziana is still in the transport game eh! Ur right she was a really nice person, a pleasure to speak to, and work for. :slight_smile: check out the latest photos i put on, the map is basically what was the truckers bible for Italy, the Atlante-Stradale ( if it wasnt in it - it did`nt exist) with the Micor-Italia cover on it. note the address is Sommacampagna where she and mike lesson had their appartment and office. :slight_smile:

I’ve loaded back for IMR when I worked for Mark Young and for Punchards. Used to load tiles from Bernabei’s yard in Sassuolo then down to Pistoia for top up.

andrewv8:
I’ve loaded back for IMR when I worked for Mark Young and for Punchards. Used to load tiles from Bernabei’s yard in Sassuolo then down to Pistoia for top up.

Did the same myself many a time, that was a crap job, the top-up was plastic mops & brushes etc, think it was an outfit called “Jolly-Plastics”

Ramdom shots heading up the Frejus on the Italien side
Mozzi breeding fields, Allegedly growing rice, think the mozzis did better than the rice :angry: Probably taken somewhere near Novara i should think ![ITALY 013.jpg|1200x608](upload://iGpNbaWaxPpYAhQiTYyCuyDGI6C.jpeg) ![ITALY 013.jpg|1200x608](upload://iGpNbaWaxPpYAhQiTYyCuyDGI6C.jpeg)Waiting to clear customs at Agonate near Novara then tip, lucky coz this was J.C.B.s depot, so parked outside till cleared then drove inside to tip :laughing: ![ITALY 015.jpg|1200x832](upload://8fgjoqByLQdKt709w6DPuFoJtJc.jpeg) ![ITALY 014.jpg|1200x832](upload://1jkQdnBx1RSCsv7bbENZ8LxYM1M.jpeg)Took this at 5PM on a Friday evening heading home near Reims, if only we could do it now on the M25 :wink: ![ITALY 011.jpg|1200x560](upload://mDCgZMIfYD4dwm4LD7BGHez8lxn.jpeg)Who remembers this view?? Its the Tangenziale nord Milan just passed the Via Certossa exit heading towards Venice.
About halfway down the old Cerdon France early 80s
My last truck on M & B Transport A497VBD. This was at Ortona customs south of Pescra, on way down to Bari with a load of resin for Firestone Tyres, & this was after loading at Antwerp docks first, the good old days eh :question:
Another shot of A497VBD, think this was at the back of Georges, the Shell garage in Bourg-en-bresse over the road from the exhibition parc.

JIMCROSS:
Anybody remember this contraption?? It crossed thr autoroute down nr` Metz. I think it was main-line gas pipes but may be wrong.

Hi Jim,

Yes mate, I do remember that contraption near Metz, but I’ve equally no idea what it is/was. :frowning:

Its a long way from Sambuca Land.

harry:
Its a long way from Sambuca Land.

I`ll have a Vecchia Romagna instead :unamused:

dieseldave:

JIMCROSS:
Anybody remember this contraption?? It crossed thr autoroute down nr` Metz. I think it was main-line gas pipes but may be wrong.

Hi Jim,

Yes mate, I do remember that contraption near Metz, but I’ve equally no idea what it is/was. :frowning:

Correct,it’s a gas pipe.