Ur`round i`ll have a caffe sambuca update 1

hello jimcross,

spent a lot of time down in ortona and pescara area when i worked for RTH-international, their is a lot of offshore companys down their, nice little place to park for the weekend, some good restaurants in the town itself, we used to park at weatherfords or saipems depot up on the industrial est and drop the trl and run down to the beach.

cheers mark

KW:

dieseldave:

JIMCROSS:
Anybody remember this contraption?? It crossed thr autoroute down nr` Metz. I think it was main-line gas pipes but may be wrong.

Hi Jim,

Yes mate, I do remember that contraption near Metz, but I’ve equally no idea what it is/was. :frowning:

Correct,it’s a gas pipe.

Thanks for that KW, that’s cleared up one of life’s little mysteries for me. :smiley:

marcus 22:
hello jimcross,

spent a lot of time down in ortona and pescara area when i worked for RTH-international, their is a lot of offshore companys down their, nice little place to park for the weekend, some good restaurants in the town itself, we used to park at weatherfords or saipems depot up on the industrial est and drop the trl and run down to the beach.

cheers mark

Hi Mark,

I remember that there were a lot of guys going down Pescara way with offshore type stuff.

The ones I recall were Scottish (Aberdeen??) and they got across Austria by using the train. IIRC, the trucks were red and tartan.
I used to see them either on the A14, or around the Egna/Ora station exit on the A22 Brenner M/way.

I can’t remember the name of the firm though. :blush: :frowning:

hi dieseldave,

the RTH trucks used to be white cab red chassis with red and white stripes down the side with rth international on front of cab.

grampian international similar colours but with black writing.

tom shanks was maroon trucks with gold writing.

glen dee was yellow trucks with blue writing.

there were quite a few companys running down their from aberdeen but we ran from newcastle, rth and grampian still doing the adriatic coast with the offshore gear.

cheers mark

hello dave,
just a few jobs to italy for RTH
V100RTH
BH51RTH
SHO2RTH
the black and red one was bought from MTL in aberdeen who i went to work for.

cheers mark

scan0016.jpg

scan0014.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

the black and red one was mine SHO2RTH and BH51RTH, the volvo i had was T100RTH, used to do a lot of italien work with the offshore gear, mostly down adritic and scicily, but their was a lot of land rigs in the mountains south of potenza which was interesting getting to them, i used to enjoy doing italy as we nearly always went to the same customers and got to know the guys over the years which used to be helpful if you where weekended down their.

cheers mark

marcus 22:
hi dieseldave,

the RTH trucks used to be white cab red chassis with red and white stripes down the side with rth international on front of cab.

grampian international similar colours but with black writing.

tom shanks was maroon trucks with gold writing.

glen dee was yellow trucks with blue writing.

there were quite a few companys running down their from aberdeen but we ran from newcastle, rth and grampian still doing the adriatic coast with the offshore gear.

cheers mark

Hi Mark,

I’m pretty sure it was Tom Shanks’ trucks I saw now that I’ve seen the name. :smiley:
OK, you got me fair and square with the colour, but maroon is kinda reddish. :blush: :blush: :wink:

Nice pics too!!

marcus 22:
the black and red one was mine SHO2RTH and BH51RTH, the volvo i had was T100RTH, used to do a lot of italien work with the offshore gear, mostly down adritic and scicily, but their was a lot of land rigs in the mountains south of potenza which was interesting getting to them, i used to enjoy doing italy as we nearly always went to the same customers and got to know the guys over the years which used to be helpful if you where weekended down their.

cheers mark

Hi Mark,

The furthest that I went on the Adriatic side of italy was Foggia, but I did do Naples and Salerno many times. I also did a couple trips to Milazzo Refinery, Sicily.
I know what you mean by going to the same customers and being weekended, cos we also had a regular job to a fibre optics place in Battipaglia, so their showers and works canteen were most welcome. :smiley:

Here’s a pic of the Merc I was driving at the time ('87ish) taken in Messina just after I got on the ferry to return to the mainland.

hello diesel dave,
wacky races trying to get on them ferries italians dont understand orderly que, 8yr since i was last down their, i used to prefer to jump on the ferry at villa san giovanni to messina rather than run down the road a bit to reggio calabria,its 7yr since i left RTH, i now work offshore.

cheers mark

marcus 22:
hello diesel dave,
wacky races trying to get on them ferries italians dont understand orderly que, 8yr since i was last down their, i used to prefer to jump on the ferry at villa san giovanni to messina rather than run down the road a bit to reggio calabria,its 7yr since i left RTH, i now work offshore.

cheers mark

Hullo Marcus,
Are you still doing the Offshore thing? and are you still skiving in Brasil ?
Cheers, Archie.

hello archie,

finished skiving in brasil, we are now in angola west africa, that was 6 month down their just left when the weather was gettin nice i done extra time as my back to back was not very well so i covered his shift, i got home 20th november thats me into my 2nd wk at home now, snow here is bad just outside of durham, are you in brasil or at home. heres a couple of photos for you matey, nowt to do with trucks or italy so will apologise now.

regards

mark

scan0072.jpg

scan0071.jpg

hello archie,

finished skiving in brasil, we are now in angola west africa, that was 6 month down their just left when the weather was gettin nice i done extra time as my back to back was not very well so i covered his shift, i got home 20th november thats me into my 2nd wk at home now, snow here is bad just outside of durham, are you in brasil or at home. heres a couple of photos for you matey, nowt to do with trucks or italy so will apologise now.

regards

mark

Hullo Mark,
Yes I´m back in Brasil now, I´ve grown into a bit of a sissy during this last few years, I just can´t stand the cold weather at all so I look for somewhere nice and warn in the winter. I know it´s real snowy up your way at the moment, I live (?), in Pickering, that´s got a lot of snow, my second lad lives and works in Middlesbrough, that´s got a lot of snow, my eldest lad lives and works in Monza, that also has a bit of snow. So I reckon I´ve got the best deal. But there you go I´m just the silly old man, just as I was when they drove for me. Sounds really good though going off to Angola, you can still practice your Portuguese there. I was there a few times in Luanda and Lobito. It used to be a fantastic place, good beer, terrific beaches and a fair bit of the other too. Those pictures look good and I can see you really work hard in that job. Do you ever get off your arse and do anything :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

Hello archie,

semi retirement on this job, me backside gets a bit sore sometimes though, here are some photos of when i worked for kris kristiansen and jimmy jarvis, 1989-91
cheers mark

scan0034.jpg

scan0031.jpg

JIMCROSS:

Trubrit:
Didn’t mind Campo at all, least it was clean…yes I too had 8 collections from Scandiano area…all tiles :frowning:

Wish i had a quid or two for every tile collection i did down that sassuolo area would`t be still tramping for a crust now. Do you remember the clearing depot Fratelli Frascari Srl :question:

Hello jimcross
any of these places bring back memories, we used to use campo aswell then run back down to tile town, i used to park round by CDR ceramic nice big parking area and the toilets were open all night,there was a couple good little bars about 10mins walk we used. we loaded quite a bit out of that cdr for newcastle and aberdeen

cheers
Mark

scan0005.jpg