Update on my Bus

marlow:
/img]I drove it back from Hull last Tuesday at a flat out 44 mph. That old Gardener never misses a beat.

Took it to Brighouse last week to get it washed

Been busy this week sorting out insurance and arranging it’s MOT for tomorrow morning. Meanwhile spent the day with the angle grinder, removed the seats and fit my wood burning stove.

Coming on quite nicely,

That Bus is just for Children :bulb:

Just a thought, won’t you need more ventilation to stop carbon monoxide poisoning from the pot-bellied stove you have fitted to the inside of the bus? You hear about people being poisoned by it when they use fires in tents etc without adequate ventilation, or have I got it wrong again, as usual.

kickstart:
Just a thought, won’t you need more ventilation to stop carbon monoxide poisoning from the pot-bellied stove you have fitted to the inside of the bus? You hear about people being poisoned by it when they use fires in tents etc without adequate ventilation, or have I got it wrong again, as usual.

No,you are right.You also need Ventilation when you fire with Gas as Fire eats Oxidation.
But dont drill a Hole in the Roof.

i was wondering what had chewed the hole in the roof, stove looks welcoming though shame you got to cart all the wood upstairs. what is the finished product likely to be, lounge and bedroom up kitchen and bathroom down.

He has the stove downstairs so no wood carting.

I think the bedroom bathroom and kitchen are all upstairs from the photos that have been posted.

Paul

i see now the pipe goes right through the upstairs, need to turn that into an airing cupboard then.

I think that you should fit some kind of insulation round the flue pipe.To keep drawing properly it needs to be fairly hot, you could use rockwool the stuff thats used in lofts.Back draught can occur with cold spots in the flue and thats the cause of carbon monocide poisoning.

Nice wood-stove, but I’d have gone for one with a baffle plate inside. Is that a Machine Mart one?? I used to have one; still a nice stove. They’ve become very popular, although there is a bit of an art to running them well. They put glass doors on them now, just for the Brits who can’t feel warm unless they can see the fire :laughing: :laughing:

looking good :smiley:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-bed-house-that-used-to-be-a-double-decker-bus.html

hey have you seen this yet? look’s like a niceish conversion, with all the home from home comfort’s.

This is pretty cool, nice project.

philgor:
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-bed-house-that-used-to-be-a-double-decker-bus.html

hey have you seen this yet? look’s like a niceish conversion, with all the home from home comfort’s.

Check out the name of his partner half way down the page.

Gosia Olinska

That Polish girl that started the thread posting pictures of herself, Gosh19000 (IIRC). Her first name is Gosia lol

philgor:
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

I wish i could make a winning investment like that. It cost them 30K and they’re selling for 15K?

Thats Gosia sitting next to him at the breakfast table…ginger same as the other one :smiley:

mucker85:

philgor:
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

I wish i could make a winning investment like that. It cost them 30K and they’re selling for 15K?

it cost them 30k and the bus! they got ripped, mine cost me 3k. :smiling_imp:

You could put a old Underslung Taillift under the Side to use them as Balcony

I like the idea of the stove upstairs, it is extra energy efficient, like you get warm twice from the same piece of wood :stuck_out_tongue:

/img]I drove it back from Hull last Tuesday at a flat out 44 mph. That old Gardener never misses a beat.

Took it to Brighouse last week to get it washed

Been busy this week sorting out insurance and arranging it’s MOT for tomorrow morning. Meanwhile spent the day with the angle grinder, removed the seats and fit my wood burning stove.

Coming on quite nicely,

Thats what I call a night heater.

I like this alot! Although 44mph would ■■■■ me right off.