Up in front of Traffic commissioner

I really don’t understand why drivers want to be a hero on or not much more than minimum wage, your boss won’t pay the fines or keep you in a job when you get your licence suspended or worse revoked.
Hero to zero can happen in an instant in this industry, just ain’t worth trying to be one.

pickandmix:

AndrewG:

pickandmix:
I’ll give you some advice. Stop speeding. That usually works. Why do you speed anyway what’s the rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You tend to get there quicker, saves time…

slow down. Saves lives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcGk9OY.gif

friend of mine just been banned by the traffic commissioner for 3 weeks for racking up 3 speeding convictions in 14 months, he took a solicitor with him who told him he would be looking at the very minimum 3 months loss of of licence so he recons the extra cash for the solicitor paid off

Javiatrix:

the nodding donkey:
You got caught three times for speeding? In three years? So you drive like a twunt. I hope the TC throws the book at you. You’re the type that sits 4 feet of the bumper of the car in front through the road works. Or follows another truck 6 feet behind, on the limiter and cruise control.
I hope they take your licence.

There’s literally zero evidence of any correlation. You’re talking out your arse.

No, I have no points on my licence, but it’s easy to get stung. You can get a driving ban by driving the length of the M1 roadworks at 60 mph at 0200 hrs.

Let me guess, you’re one of these people that believes that if it’s illegal, it’s wrong?

ND makes a good point to be fair (he sometimes does occasionally :laughing: )
I do not know the o/p’s circumstances but a lot ot of these guys on maximum points in a short time only have themselves to blame in most cases.
The type who have not got time to stop for a ■■■■, and are sat on the limiter foot pressed down hard for 9 hours stressed out while succumbing to pressure dished out by their boss on the phone every ■■■■ 5 mins, instead of slowing it down to a safe sensible pace, after politely telling him to ■■■■ off.
I aint saying I have never broke the speed limit here either, I have same as all of us, but I have little sympathy for these guys.

Never in all my time have I heard of drivers been called to the commissioner for speeding,
My mate racked up 12 points 6 over 2 years the other 6 within an hour of each other,went to court got no ban.
And he does drive like a complete tool

eagerbeaver:
Tea and biscuits. Probably bourbons. Or maybe rich tea.

Or maybe a monumental bollocking and fine. Or maybe a spin on the M58 in a Freelander at high speed.

no tea, no biscuits, no fine, traffic commissioner has no power too fine you only has the power to suspend or revoke your vocational licence (they have no power over your car licence)

scotstrucker:

eagerbeaver:

Or maybe a monumental bollocking and fine. Or maybe a spin on the M58 in a Freelander at high speed.

no tea, no biscuits, no fine, traffic commissioner has no power too fine you only has the power to suspend or revoke your vocational licence (they have no power over your car licence)

Im sure youre correct there. I`ve no idea how likely it is but, being without a licence for a few weeks or months is probably gonna be more painful financially for a driver than a fine.
EDIT. Band C fine is 150% of weekly wage. “C” being the highest band. Obviously losing pay for more than one and a half weeks is a way for the Traffic Commisioners to make an offender “feel the pain”.
EDIT AGAIN. For car licences,
"New drivers

If you’re still within 2 years of passing your driving test, your driving licence will be revoked (withdrawn) if you build up 6 or more penalty points."
So if anyone is a new car licence holder there will be bigger penalties, if the OP is a new Vocational Licence holder maybe they will apply some similar thinking?

moorey:
Just got a letter through from the Traffic Comissioner telling me to go up for a hearing.
Speeding total of 9 points, 6 which are 3years old and the other 3 last month.
Just looking for some advice. I hold my hands up caught fair and square.
can anyone tell me what to expect

Personally I have never heard of anyone being hauled in to the TC for speeding points.

Points are spent after 3 years but stay on your licence for 4 years and you have to notify insurance for 5 years.

So you only have 3 points from a legal perspective as 6 are already spent if they are over 3 years old.

If you have been invited then I wonder what the codes were and speeds of the offences and what vehicle they were in.

If they were all in trucks then I suspect there is more chance of being invited for tea and biscuits.

Franglais:

scotstrucker:

eagerbeaver:

Im sure youre correct there. I`ve no idea how likely it is but, being without a licence for a few weeks or months is probably gonna be more painful financially for a driver than a fine.
EDIT. Band C fine is 150% of weekly wage. “C” being the highest band. Obviously losing pay for more than one and a half weeks is a way for the Traffic Commisioners to make an offender “feel the pain”.
"New drivers

If you’re still within 2 years of passing your driving test, your driving licence will be revoked (withdrawn) if you build up 6 or more penalty points."
So if anyone is a new car licence holder there will be bigger penalties, if the OP is a new Vocational Licence holder maybe they will apply some similar thinking?

I forgot I was on TNUK :unamused: A 28 day licence suspension would work the same as a fine, as in loss of earnings. Either way the mule is correct. If you KEEP speeding it means you don’t learn. And someone who fails to learn is…

eagerbeaver:

Franglais:

scotstrucker:

eagerbeaver:

"New drivers

I forgot I was on TNUK :unamused: A 28 day licence suspension would work the same as a fine, as in loss of earnings. Either way the mule is correct. If you KEEP speeding it means you don’t learn. And someone who fails to learn is…

… a twunt. :grimacing:

If after the first three points you didnt watch your speed and got yet ANOTHER three and STILL didnt slow down enough to avoid more then I agree with ND. I hope they take your license away because you either dont care about the rules of the road or you dont pay enough attention to see a great big sign with a red outline and a big number in it.

My understanding is that the law takes a different viewpoint on it if you got caught speeding in a truck,
they look at us as professional drivers that should know better.(I know its bollox but they do) TC can also revoke entitlement for a time if they see fit.

Gembo:
My understanding is that the law takes a different viewpoint on it if you got caught speeding in a truck,
they look at us as professional drivers that should know better.(I know its bollox but they do) TC can also revoke entitlement for a time if they see fit.

correct

Franglais:

scotstrucker:

eagerbeaver:

"New drivers

they maybe do offer tea n biscuits now as been a while since i been too see the tc, last time would have 2002

Gembo:
they look at us as professional drivers that should know better.(I know its bollox but they do)

Yeh, it’s ■■■■■■■■ in respect of the fact that some ‘pro drivers’’ do NOT know any better, but to be fair it is a reasonable assumption that it should be so, is it not?

It is what is supposed to seperate US from THEM on the road. :bulb:

robroy:

Gembo:
they look at us as professional drivers that should know better.(I know its bollox but they do)

Yeh, it’s ■■■■■■■■ in respect of the fact that some ‘pro drivers’’ do NOT know any better, but to be fair it is a reasonable assumption that it should be so, is it not?

Yes. That and the fact that they are there for nowt and we`re all earning £50k per annum to be there.

Franglais:

robroy:

Gembo:

Yes. That and the fact that they are there for nowt and we`re all earning £50k per annum to be there.

I wouldn’t get out of bed for that…

robroy:

Gembo:

Very much so and I get where your coming from mate, but you know how it is.- you drive to uphold the rep we’re supposed to portray but get let down by steering wheel attendants who dont give a ■■■■. Then we all get tarred with the same brush pretty much.

moorey:
Just got a letter through from the Traffic Comissioner telling me to go up for a hearing.
Speeding total of 9 points, 6 which are 3years old and the other 3 last month.
Just looking for some advice. I hold my hands up caught fair and square.
can anyone tell me what to expect

if you’re in unite? And took out the DRIVER CARE? It’s £3 iirc you’ll get off! If not? Just check the name on YOUR LICENCE! :grimacing: now check the name on your GAFFERS WAGON! If it don’t match? Slow down and do LESS and get paid the SAME! :laughing:

Javiatrix:

the nodding donkey:
You got caught three times for speeding? In three years? So you drive like a twunt. I hope the TC throws the book at you. You’re the type that sits 4 feet of the bumper of the car in front through the road works. Or follows another truck 6 feet behind, on the limiter and cruise control.
I hope they take your licence.

There’s literally zero evidence of any correlation. You’re talking out your arse.

ROFLMAO.

Not only does he speed but he speeds so much he’s actually got caught 3 times in 3 years, quite clearly not learning from any of the previous points. In the last 30 years since I passed my test, with almost two decades of doing 100,000 miles or more a year, I’ve had three points for speeding and those were in the late 80s when a copper jumped out from behind a tree with a speed gun. Does that mean I don’t speed? No. What it does mean is I open my eyes, look at what is going on around me and engage my brain.

No, I have no points on my licence, but it’s easy to get stung.

No it isn’t. You literally have to be driving around with your eyes closed not to see speed cameras, police cars and signs telling you there are speed cameras. Its even more difficult in a truck with a speed limiter on where the speed limiter is going to be set within the speed limit + ACPO guideline tolerance for any indicated limit 50MPH and above. For example coming down from Scotland, once in England, other than a few miles around Gateshead Metro center, when you actually enter London or possibly through some roadworks, it is impossible to be caught speeding in a lorry on the A1.

You can get a driving ban by driving the length of the M1 roadworks at 60 mph at 0200 hrs.

Yep. And if you do,why? Because you’ve driven it with your eyes closed not taking any notice of the big signs telling you the limit nor the bright yellow poles with the average speed cameras on or the overhead gantries with the big grey boxes on or the bright lights flashing in your mirror as you get clocked.