Up in front of Traffic commissioner

Just got a letter through from the Traffic Comissioner telling me to go up for a hearing.
Speeding total of 9 points, 6 which are 3years old and the other 3 last month.
Just looking for some advice. I hold my hands up caught fair and square.
can anyone tell me what to expect

Tea and biscuits. Probably bourbons. Or maybe rich tea.

Or maybe a monumental bollocking and fine. Or maybe a spin on the M58 in a Freelander at high speed.

Are you familiar with the term ‘Spit roast’ :wink:
Will play havoc with The Farmers. ( not speaking from experience here btw)

eagerbeaver:

Or maybe a monumental bollocking and fine. Or maybe a spin on the M58 in a Freelander at high speed.

TC’s don’t have the power to impose a fine for this.

My advice…
don’t post on trucknet looking for advice with 12 points on license, it won’t end well. :laughing:
Edited, so you have 9. A bollocking I suspect. They can’t ban you anyway.
Are all 9 in a truck or some in a car?

You got caught three times for speeding? In three years? So you drive like a twunt. I hope the TC throws the book at you. You’re the type that sits 4 feet of the bumper of the car in front through the road works. Or follows another truck 6 feet behind, on the limiter and cruise control.
I hope they take your licence.

the nodding donkey:
You got caught three times for speeding? In three years? So you drive like a twunt. I hope the TC throws the book at you. You’re the type that sits 4 feet of the bumper of the car in front through the road works. Or follows another truck 6 feet behind, on the limiter and cruise control.

And he’s my Minion! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

And he’s my Minion! :wink:

I’m only borrowing him occasionally. And I clean him afterwards…

eagerbeaver:

If you dont like those type of biscuits would it be ok to ask for maybe custard creams or hob nobs?
And what about dress? Would it be shirt and tie or casual like old hi viz and muddy rigger boots?
If it was a windy day would belching and ■■■■■■■ be permissable or is that a no no?

the nodding donkey:

There’s literally zero evidence of any correlation. You’re talking out your arse.

No, I have no points on my licence, but it’s easy to get stung. You can get a driving ban by driving the length of the M1 roadworks at 60 mph at 0200 hrs.

Let me guess, you’re one of these people that believes that if it’s illegal, it’s wrong?

I believe the TC can revoke your hgv entitlement if they see fit. Someone will tell me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

Javiatrix:

the nodding donkey:

There’s literally zero evidence of any correlation. You’re talking out your arse.

No, I have no points on my licence, but it’s easy to get stung. You can get a driving ban by driving the length of the M1 roadworks at 60 mph at 0200 hrs.

Let me guess, you’re one of these people that believes that if it’s illegal, it’s wrong?

Please enlighten me, to how you can get caught speeding in the works if you are driving within the speed limit.

your point is flawed, because if you do 60 in a 50 zone you deserve the ban. No excuses I’m sure them big signs with a 5 and a 0 mean 50 not 60.

Javiatrix:

the nodding donkey:

I love these lefty "I am offended on someone else’s behalf " yoghurt knitters…

I’ll give you some advice. Stop speeding. That usually works. Why do you speed anyway what’s the rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickandmix:
I’ll give you some advice. Stop speeding. That usually works. Why do you speed anyway what’s the rush

You tend to get there quicker, saves time…

moorey:
Just got a letter through from the Traffic Comissioner telling me to go up for a hearing.
Speeding total of 9 points, 6 which are 3years old and the other 3 last month.
Just looking for some advice. I hold my hands up caught fair and square.
can anyone tell me what to expect

I expect that for the first few months you will be more observant to road signs, conditions and the Highway Code. Then after a time you will revert back to how you were driving and get caught again.

AndrewG:

pickandmix:

You tend to get there quicker, saves time…

slow down. Saves lives

Javiatrix:

the nodding donkey:

It’s not easy to get stung. You know the speed limits or at least you should do so you keep to them. Simple.

Whether you believe it’s illegal or not is stupid. The fact is that is the limit whether you like it or not so you keep within it. Why people have a problem with that is beyond me. Oh I can’t see a reason for that limit so I’m not going to obey it, then moan when they get caught. Deserve it if you ask me.

Don’t think a speed limit is appropriate? Then start a petition with a few thousand people who agree with you, go to your local council and argue to get it changed under whatever grounds you think it’s inappropriate. Until then, stop crying and just drive within the limit and don’t get points on your licence. No problem.

TiredAndEmotional:
I believe the TC can revoke your hgv entitlement if they see fit. Someone will tell me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

Thats how I always understood it to be,especially in this case if they think he has a total disregard for others.
He has 9 points in a short period of time,thats only for the times he has been caught speeding.
The other thing is they may want to investigate, why he has a need to speed,and start digging into the Companies operating activties.
Once they get a reason to look into things they won`t stop until they are satified.