Unloading on Double Yellows

I know all about the two yellow stripes on the kerb meaning no unloading anytime, but what if someone unloads on normal double yellows, but is causing major congestion? Can they be moved on? I ask because there was a big queue just now in Bladon where a removal truck wisely decided to park on a narrow stretch with double yellow lines, at peak time. Trucks passing had to drive on the opposite footpath and an ambulance on blues was significantly slowed down trying to pass everything.
Surely in this case it’s causing an obstruction?

I’ve looked into this before and couldn’t get a straight answer, so I guess it’s the discretion of a police officer or parking warden. Also, if you’re going to be loading for a long period of time, or working there, you can obtain a dispensation from the council (but I’m not sure the council would give them a dispensation at the location you describe).

Sometimes there is a limit on how much time you can take unloading but other than that there isn’t a lot you can do. If he is happy to block the road during rush hour then he proberbly knows he is a bellend and doesn’t care.

Bladon is a pain in the backside at the best of times, it’s sodding narrow. you would think any removal business should do an assement of the destination and use a suitable vehicle. As for double yellows. usually anymore than 25 mins unloading and expect a jolly traffic officer to be writing you up.
Although I can’t find any legislation on it.

I thought double yellows was no parking. I regularly find I’m on double yellows. Traffic wardens have never bothered me. On multi drop i don’t usually spend much time unloading any way.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

I always believe what I think I heard once, you get twenty minutes, so I don’t hang about :wink:

Diversion2:
I thought double yellows was no parking. I regularly find I’m on double yellows. Traffic wardens have never bothered me. On multi drop i don’t usually spend much time unloading any way.

Double yellows across the kerb, like in pic, usually mean no loading/ unloading at any time unless there is also a sign specifying times it relates to:

Double yellows themselves do mean no parking.

Understand about the no loading markings. I thought the op was talking about the yellows on the left in the pic

Aurri:
Bladon is a pain in the backside at the best of times, it’s sodding narrow. you would think any removal business should do an assement of the destination and use a suitable vehicle. As for double yellows. usually anymore than 25 mins unloading and expect a jolly traffic officer to be writing you up.

The removal company is owned by a “businessman” whos’ hobby was to start building firms up, run up big bills and then go bust. Have a holiday then repeat. Had to have protection in Spain a few years back when he was traced by some friendly Londoners. Employs “no understands” because his reputation is so well known. :wink:

Muckaway:
I know all about the two yellow stripes on the kerb meaning no unloading anytime, but what if someone unloads on normal double yellows, but is causing major congestion? Can they be moved on? I ask because there was a big queue just now in Bladon where a removal truck wisely decided to park on a narrow stretch with double yellow lines, at peak time. Trucks passing had to drive on the opposite footpath and an ambulance on blues was significantly slowed down trying to pass everything.

If no kerb markings visible or plate with restriction you’re allowed to load/unload.

Muckaway:

Aurri:

The removal company is owned by a “businessman” whos’ hobby was to start building firms up, run up big bills and then go bust. Have a holiday then repeat. Had to have protection in Spain a few years back when he was traced by some friendly Londoners. Employs “no understands” because his reputation is so well known. :wink:

Really? How do you know this? I’m suspecting an agenda here…did you go looking for the vehicle, or just see it in the course of your day?
I’ve been held up by 100’s of idiots (HGV or not) parked badly, but don’t need to run this sort of information after mentioning them on an internet forum.

Please expound your theory?

Because the removal van was liveried, the owner is local, and I remember the companies that miraculously disappeared back in the late ‘90s early 2000s. When I saw whos’ truck was causing the congestion, I wasn’t surprised.

So whats the co name then, any pics ?

TiredAndEmotional:

Muckaway:

If no kerb markings visible or plate with restriction you’re allowed to load/unload.

Not true. You need to read the rules pal.

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/parking-rules

Uncle Albie:

TiredAndEmotional:

Muckaway:

Just read that & it confirms what I have always understood…

“Unless explicitly stated, or if there are no markings on the kerb or pavement, you can usually load and unload for as long as necessary, as long as its continuous, and pick up and drop off passengers as long as you’re not blocking any roads, junctions or traffic.”

If traffic can get past & there are no signed restrictions or kerb blips, stopping on double yellows to load/unload stuff that can’t be carried a distance is fair game. If you couldn’t, virtually all retail deliveries would be knackered.

Uncle Albie:

TiredAndEmotional:

Muckaway:

And you need to read your own link again pal. I got my info from the highway code. Pal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Born Idle:

Muckaway:

Aurri:

Really? How do you know this? I’m suspecting an agenda here…did you go looking for the vehicle, or just see it in the course of your day?
I’ve been held up by 100’s of idiots (HGV or not) parked badly, but don’t need to run this sort of information after mentioning them on an internet forum.

Please expound your theory?

I’d have thought if there was an agenda here, Nathan would have named the firm…

There’s a derogation in the parking regs for removals to park for access to a house

TiredAndEmotional:

Uncle Albie:

TiredAndEmotional:

Muckaway:

And you need to read your own link again pal. I got my info from the highway code. Pal. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you are missing my point but never mind.The HC is only a guide as I am sure you are aware.Try looking a little deeper.
Not as black and white as you make out.Many an lorry has been prosecuted for unloading on double yellows.

Uncle Albie:

TiredAndEmotional:

Uncle Albie:

I think you are missing my point but never mind.The HC is only a guide as I am sure you are aware.Try looking a little deeper.
Not as black and white as you make out.Many an lorry has been prosecuted for unloading on double yellows.

Oh my mistake…I thought the Highway Code would have been the best place to look but it’s moneysavingexpert is it? :stuck_out_tongue: