unit v class 2

can someone settle a disagreement pls? are you allowed to drive a unit without trailer on a class 2 license?

many thanks

Yes as the the trailer is the “E” part of C + E, so you can drive the unit with a C.

YES!

I think this has been asked before :smiley:

You dont have to cover the 5th wheel or do anything else - without a trailer it is a 2 axle rigid truck.

YES - just to make it 3 out of 3 :laughing:

cheers guys!!
i win!!

dle1uk:
cheers guys!!
i win!!

I make that win now split 4 ways :exclamation:
Can you post my virtual winnings on here please so I can download them :slight_smile:

Santa:
YES!

You dont have to cover the 5th wheel or do anything else - without a trailer it is a rigid truck.

corrected for accuracy :smiley:

a 6x2 or 6x4 is a 3 axle rigid :wink:

are we all sure do you not have to lock the fifth whelel off anymore ?

hyper26:
are we all sure do you not have to lock the fifth whelel off anymore ?

Did you ever have to? what about a drawbar outfit that would mean a rigid driver taking out the prime mover would have to lock the couplings off? Or taken to extreme a new car driver has a car but takes the towbar off to make sure he does not pull a big trailer/caravan?

I know there is a urban myth and many drivers believe you cant drive a unit on a class2 license so i presume locking 5th wheel came about same way?

i,ve put the winnings behind the bar for you all!!
have a drink on me

Im just going to re-iterate the answer everyone has already gave as when I passed my CLASS2 the instructor needed the tactor unit and the rigid moved, wouldnt let me move the rigid as he had put his AUDI in the back LOL and we were taking the units back to his lock up, 2 drivers 3 vehicles. I found it funny when he pulled out 2 ramps from rear of the rigid as if it was a thing he did a lot :smiley:

according to lucy’s myth buster article in truck n driver yes you can.
See lucy someone does read your articles :slight_smile:

Mr B:
according to lucy’s myth buster article in truck n driver yes you can.
See lucy someone does read your articles :slight_smile:

alright, what you after? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes ,…but you can not take a LGV Cat C test in one.

shuttlespanker:

Santa:
YES!

You dont have to cover the 5th wheel or do anything else - without a trailer it is a rigid truck.

corrected for accuracy :smiley:

a 6x2 or 6x4 is a 3 axle rigid :wink:

Bloke i used to know had a 4 axle unit. Some uncharitable comments said he needed a 2nd front axle to stay legal cos he was a tad overweight. Others said he only needed the lorry mounted crane to lift his chinese into the cab of a night. :stuck_out_tongue:

can i drive it with a normal DL if i take the 5th wheel of? lol now this should start a debate

can i drive it with a normal DL if i take the 5th wheel of? lol now this should start a debate

As far as i can remember it would depend on the taxation class, if it pays road fund as an LGV then no, If the road fund was for PLG then yes

Chris ewbank only holds Car licence

Bikertrash:
Chris ewbank only holds Car licence

And has No 5th wheel and it aint over 7.5t I think :wink:

Yes, but you have to use only gears with odd numbers. :stuck_out_tongue: