Unable to load in to a forum

HELLO,
i have been contributing to the old companies forum, under my driving history, up until last week all was ok ,i cut and pasted or copied now i have problems a 404 error message comes in and says Forbidden you do not have access phpbb posting on this server.the 404 encountered when trying to use a error document.
i have my writing in files in open office .org. and use microsoft word 92/200/xp,doc another 8 formats can be used.
i have a full years security.panda. i can post if i type direct on to the forum page ok.however i have to much written down to rewrite.any suggestions please…ive heard the give up one…thank you dbp.

No idea, but moving it to feedback, so it might catch Rikkis eye.

Deleted because I double posted while trying to edit the post.

I believe I saw in another thread that Rikki-UK suggested that the problem could be that you’re copy/pasting from Word and some of the HTML is somehow being carried over and stopping you from pasting onto Trucknet-UK, though to be honest I’ve no idea why that would happen or even if it could happen.

You’re now using Open Office which is a word processor that works the same as Word and uses HTML.

I’ve no idea why pasting from a word processor like Word or Open Office Write should cause problems pasting but I suggest you try pasting from a text editor like Notebook or Wordpad or a better text editor (imo) is Notpad++ which is completely free to download and use without limitations of any kind.

You should have no problem copy/pasting from Open Office Write or Word into Notepad or Notepad++.

most word programmes use HTML to format the document, our server for security reasons doesn’t allow HTML to be included in a post, you cant see the HTML when you cut and paste but it is there, using Notepad++ which strips out the HTML is one way to avoid this problem

I can copy and paste from a WORD Doc - is that HTML?

ROG:
I can copy and paste from a WORD Doc - is that HTML?

You’re only copy/pasting the text, like most word processors, possibly all word processors I’m not sure, MS Word uses HTML for formatting inside MS Word, what Rikki-UK is saying is that some of the HTML is being carried over in the process of copy/pasting.
It would possibly depend on how the document is formatted or saved within MS Word.

HI aLL THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO i dragged the file from open office . org to notepad and was a success.however all the file was on on page left to right…massive so i copied a small amount ,as you will see from my last post yesterday in …my driving history…all ok until i have tried to post some more today and the same message has come up …forbidden 404 as before,but the notepad a good shout…what next ??friday i have a appointment at the local library with a free wizkid techo who gives his time for free to help us silly ,techo thickos…i will present him with the problem?.

i had forgotten i have in my emails notifications when the site is replied to ,up to 12 how do i stop it ,i must at some time agreed to some form of notification but do not remember hoe do i stop them please.

click - user control panel - top left of every page
click - manage subscriptions - left side of page

To stop email notifications go:

User control panel / Board preferences / edit posting defaults / Notify me upon replies by default: (select “No”)

The problem then is that you will have to remember what threads you’ve subscribed to because you won’t get notification of replies, personally I find it easier to have the emails but each to their own :wink:

Thanks ROG,TACHOGRAPH, it is easy when you know how.just like going around ATHENS once you know -ish.

deckboypeggy:
HI aLL THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO i dragged the file from open office . org to notepad and was a success.however all the file was on on page left to right…massive so i copied a small amount ,as you will see from my last post yesterday in …my driving history…all ok until i have tried to post some more today and the same message has come up …forbidden 404 as before,but the notepad a good shout…what next ??friday i have a appointment at the local library with a free wizkid techo who gives his time for free to help us silly ,techo thickos…i will present him with the problem?.

In Notepad, click on the FORMAT menu at the top and choose WORD WRAP. Now paste in your text.

There may also be a message size limitation in place on these forums. Most phpBB forums will have a limit. Try copy and pasting smaller amounts rather than the entire document in one go.

yes thank you i went into notepad =format ,then wordwrap and copied a small amount and still the same after preview .fobidden

deckboypeggy:
yes thank you i went into notepad =format ,then wordwrap and copied a small amount and still the same after preview .fobidden

Can you copy and paste anything from an external program without it giving a 403 error? Try writing a few lines of rubbish in Notepad and then copy and paste it into the message compose screen on this thread and see if it will send. If it does, try a section of your diary here.

Dickinson’s Real Deal Competition
Dickinson’s Real Deal Competition (Thursday 6th November)

Watch Dickinson’s Real Deal and you could win a fantastic cash prize!

yes as you can see that worked ok .i am all ears…tks

t was a Sunday after noon about 2 o clock the phone rang, it was MR Webb [Alan] he said you have got the job ,sorry for the delay, Would you be in for 6 0clock Monday evening ,also bring your sleeping bag,we like all the drivers to have their passports with them at all times so that as well I had a passport, so that was it ,god knows what is happing why do I need a passport ??so that gets the old brain working. [no computers then or else i could have googled Rokold.] So I would have to wait until Monday night.
It was a 22 mile drive, back roads to Northampton from my village ,slower drive than the main road ,but shorter distance ,less petrol .
So the time came, do I take sandwiches and flask?i have not that much cash ,so yes I did and sleeping bag ,pillow ,wash bag. Just in case [famous last words]
I arrive at the depot and the nice new lorry is not there, but a older D A F A 28,hundred model small cab ,no big sleeper. what is this mine for the night,hope not ,all though it had 3 axles , it was the same colour as the other soi would wait and see, this is before I see anyone, I walk around the back of the trailer and Alan is in the back of the trailer pushing up pallets to the front with a man ,as the forklift goes back I shout up Hello,and the other chap looks round ,[as if to say what the do you want] he nudges Alan and points to me , not saying anything, [well ] that has ■■■■■■ me off for a start, Alan turns and comes to greet me, with his arm and hand out stretched ready to shake my hand [again] I only seen him 3 days before so he said his greeting ,then said for me to jump on up into the trailer , not the easiest thing to do , but with some scrabbling I manage it, usually they use the fork lift, but I was ■■■■■■■■ trained not to JUMP ON FORK LIFTS, [THAT WAS SOON TO GO]
He then introduced me to TOM who was the driver of the lorry and he would be showing me the ropes, however I could tell that TOM di not want to know however shook my hand. Rather limp, like a wet fish so I gave his hand a good squeeze ,like as if to say ■■■■ you too. and then another pallet arrived to the back of the trailer, so we then all 3 of us pushed it in to position , the trailer was getting full what look like all kinds of vegetables, and boxes so tom and alan progressed with chatter ,but not with me involved they were talking double Dutch as far as I understood , using foreign sounding words in sentences .[they were place names]i found out later . after a time the trailer was loaded,so we all jumped down of the back of the trailer then the last two pallets were pushed on with not a lot of room to spare for the trailer doors to be closed ,Tom shut the doors ,then went to the front of the trailer and started the engine for the fridge that kept all the produce inside the trailer at the required temperature . [another new thing for me to learn]

LEFT AND DOWN YES AS YOU CAN SEE THAT WORKED

Try copy and pasting that same slab of text into whatever forum was giving you the 403 error before. Copy it from notepad again, not from this thread. Put the thread title as Test - ignore or something like that.