Unable to load in to a forum

Also delete your local cache

yes i posted it as test and it has posted ok, thanks do i just keep changing the subject name but post where i want to

ALSO thank you all for taking a interest in helping me. Rikki what and where is local cache… i must go …thank you all

sorry that was short lived unable to post the same mesage occurring i am thinking of going to find another place to post under a differnt subject.on here

i have just tried to post a small amount of text into the,Useful links, read only and it was rejected the same as before

HI i was unable to send you the file from Notepad , the sent file is from the one i have been posting from.from the last proper post from the file it is about around page 16/17.hope you have a answer. i started this as a something for me to do now it is getting i cannot be botherd with all this techknowledge because i do not understand it .never been taught …

You will need to contact the site admin - phone number and email details are found here -

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=42540

Rikki can you fix this ongoing issue please. :angry:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=116598&start=120#p1859796

LHD… theres not a great deal we can do, the problem is that cutting and pasting from a document includes HTML - this software does not allow HTML to be injected into a post. When an attempt is made the server will automatically block it. This is a safety procedure to stop hackers being able to inject harmful code. If we disabled the security the server would be vunerable to being hacked into, and possibly losing the whole site. As suggested above using a notepad programme like Notepad++ means the text can be cut and pasted without the HTML getting around the issue.

deckboypeggy:
i have my writing in files in open office .org. and use microsoft word 92/200/xp,doc another 8 formats can be used.

Open the file you want to copy the text from. Then from the top left hand menu choose “save as” and save a copy of it as a text file (*.txt). If you then open the text file with notepad you will be able to copy and paste its contents.

Rikki-UK:
LHD… theres not a great deal we can do, the problem is that cutting and pasting from a document includes HTML - this software does not allow HTML to be injected into a post. When an attempt is made the server will automatically block it. This is a safety procedure to stop hackers being able to inject harmful code. If we disabled the security the server would be vunerable to being hacked into, and possibly losing the whole site. As suggested above using a notepad programme like Notepad++ means the text can be cut and pasted without the HTML getting around the issue.

The HTML is a separate issue. This has something else causing it. There is plenty of evidence to support this as several ‘diary’ members have been posting large segments on a regular basis without any issues whatsoever and then suddenly they are blocked from being able to do any more, even when they have ensured there is no HTML in their post. Lying to us stating “it’s an HTML problem, tough ■■■■■, deal with it” is simply not an acceptable response from a community manager. :imp:

jazzandy:
What I can’t understand is that I have been posting similar amounts of text for two years with no problem. In addition I am not the only one encountering these glitches. Therefore it would seem that the problem lies with the site and not with the posters as is being alleged.

1. and lets get this out of the way, I do not appreciate being called a liar, I have given at all times the best response to information given and advice recieved
  2. I have not dragged the HTML issue out of nowhere it is what our IT guys think is the problem
  3. We have had our IT guys look at this, and given advice
  4. I don’t have an unlimited budget, as a much as I would like to throw experts at this issue we simply don’t have that resource
  5. Despite the undertones from the complainant, we have taken this seriously , and have looked into it and continue to do so - I reject totally that we are not taking this as seriously as we can, given the resources we have.

You may not like the response but I am being as honest as I can be with you- there is an issue, our best guess atm the moment is the HTML - we continue to look at it and see if there is something else but as yet haven’t found anything apart from the HTML problem that would cause this. No server or software changes has happened and from our end we are unable to find a reason for this happenning

As an alternative to running your text through Notepad you could try using cleanmytext.com/

Just paste your text into the top box, click ‘Clean’, the copy the text from the bottom box (and paste into TruckNet).

Incidentally it could just be one particular character in the original text that is causing the problem, for example double quotes in Word are often curly (“) rather than straight ("). That could explain why the problem only happens intermittently.