Unable To Deliver Due To Parked Vehicles

I asked Postman Pat if he could move his van earlier (couldn’t get around the corner with him parked there), and in a frumpy way he said “I can but I’m not obliged to by law.” Are Royal Fail allowed to park wherever or something?
If there are no parking restrictions can someone just park up and refuse to move even if a large vehicle cannot get around them? I’ve known this happen when residents object to housing developments so they park badly to stop trucks getting in.

Should have told him you would kidnap his Black & White cat until he moved :imp:

“I can but I’m not obliged to by law”, anybody pompous enough to deliver a phrase like that would make it straight to the top of my “I hope you die in a house fire” list.

^^^ man this forum needs a “like” button :smiley:

You should have run over it![emoji57] Isn’t there a minimum distance from the junction - about 75ft I think?

I asked our ‘postie’ about this recently, yes they can park pretty much anywhere as long as there are no parking restrictions as the Queens Post (not hers personally of course before somebody chirps in!) has priority. However they are not encouraged to park where folk need access etc and some have been ticketed for doing that.

Pete.

I agree his attitude wasn’t very helpful but he wasn’t going to be there very long surely? no longer than you might have been if you had got out of the cab and walked 50 yards up the road to have look to see what the access was like to the delivery, and whether to reverse in or not. If it had been the dustman you could have been held up a lot longer.

Is there not a law against causing an obstruction ■■

Muckaway:
I asked Postman Pat if he could move his van earlier (couldn’t get around the corner with him parked there), and in a frumpy way he said “I can but I’m not obliged to by law.” Are Royal Fail allowed to park wherever or something?
If there are no parking restrictions can someone just park up and refuse to move even if a large vehicle cannot get around them? I’ve known this happen when residents object to housing developments so they park badly to stop trucks getting in.

You didn’t upset him in the first instance by saying “Hey Pat move the van” did you ?

Should have emptied his sack all over the place mate.

Erm…

you wouldnt have said a wrong word to a postman if you were in scotland mate…

youtube.com/watch?v=k-VEzrXYuvk

I work for a supermarket and there is one store in particular cars park on double yellows and we can’t get round the corner down to the bay. The store phones the council and the car gets lifted in no time at all. They come out 24/7 and when they get there it takes them less than 5 minutes and the car is on the bed of the truck. Must lift 2/3 cars a week from that corner because of us :laughing:

The Highway Code says you must not cause an obstruction and there is also something about distance from junctions but I need to look that up only a vague memory reading that.

Think its no parking within 15M of a junction mate.

From the highway code

“Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space”

windrush:
I asked our ‘postie’ about this recently, yes they can park pretty much anywhere as long as there are no parking restrictions as the Queens Post (not hers personally of course before somebody chirps in!) has priority. However they are not encouraged to park where folk need access etc and some have been ticketed for doing that.

Pete.

Even the police are not allowed to stop any legitimate vehicle with the royal crown on, even for minor offences, however it doesn’t mean they cannot be prosecuted. They can get parking fines, and can be followed back to a depot by police and then nabbed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dav1d:
DO NOT stop or park: opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space"

Didn’t realise you couldn’t park opposite the junction - could come in handy next time I’m trying to get round one and someone is sitting in a daft place. Wonder if there’s a law which states you can “move” an illegal vehicle, like push the offending car down the road with your truck. :slight_smile:

windrush:

Pete.

It’s not the queens post anymore, as it’s now a non state owned organisation, and it doesn’t carry the by royal appointment standard. It’s royal in name only. About as much to do with the queen as the Royal Bengal in the High St

Dav1d:
From the highway code

“Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space”

Sorry to brake it to you all but that particle rule isn’t a law

There is no exemption to Royal Mail vehicles regarding parking, we just get away with a lot more. At one time the union used to pay our parking fines. There used to be exemptions regarding seat belts and the police stopping us, they would have to follow us back to the sorting office if they wanted to check the vehicle over and were not allowed to handle any of the contents inside.

Muckaway:

Ever thought of learning how to drive a “truck” instead of blaming every body else for your faillings?