Unable To Deliver Due To Parked Vehicles

RM were my pet hate on class VAN, always find the bellends parked in stupid spots.
Or pull out in front of you, only to stop 50 yards further down the road and make you go around. :imp:

tommymanc:

Dav1d:
From the highway code

“Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space”

Sorry to brake it to you all but that particle rule isn’t a law

If the Highway Code rule includes the word MUST or MUST NOT (in bold capitals) then it is backed by law. If it uses the words DO NOT then it is “best practice” only and isn’t backed by any law.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Roymondo:

tommymanc:

Dav1d:
From the highway code

“Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space”

Sorry to brake it to you all but that particle rule isn’t a law

If the Highway Code rule includes the word MUST or MUST NOT (in bold capitals) then it is backed by law. If it uses the words DO NOT then it is “best practice” only and isn’t backed by any law.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

It’s a direct quote from the Highway code page on gov.uk website, which if it is a law will quote it at the end of the rule, but no, it’s not a law.

I used to work as agency on a sainsburys contract,went to a store near thornton heath one Saturday,[Whitehorse lane I think,could be wrong]cars were parked everywhere,even on the yard entrance to the unloading bays,none of us could get in and hgvs were turning up every half hour,eventually the manager called the police,they didn’t move the cars but ticketed every car within 30 feet of the delivery entrance,one guy came along and went ape when he saw the ticket and started shouting at me and two other drivers waiting to deliver,i just replied don’t park there then, simple isn’t it,turns out most were collecting tickets for a football match the next weekend,[football stadium next to sainsburys].

Bking:

Muckaway:
I asked Postman Pat if he could move his van earlier (couldn’t get around the corner with him parked there), and in a frumpy way he said “I can but I’m not obliged to by law.” Are Royal Fail allowed to park wherever or something?
If there are no parking restrictions can someone just park up and refuse to move even if a large vehicle cannot get around them? I’ve known this happen when residents object to housing developments so they park badly to stop trucks getting in.

Ever thought of learning how to drive a “truck” instead of blaming every body else for your faillings?

Wind your neck in. The OP had asked the guy to move in a polite manner because he couldn’t get round. He could of tried it and ended up hitting something.

This is best ignored.

peterm:
This prick is best ignored.

This. Send him to Bisley in a 8w and have a laugh. Great place where I had to take a detour just to face the right way to reverse into the entrance. That’s after sussing out how to get there without breaking the numerous double weight limits and width restrictions.
I should’ve just stuck a car sat nav in the window and shook my head and said “no understand, boss” when the ■■■■ hit the fan.