ULEZ madness (Farce)

So now they’re clamping emergency vehicles, admittedly this is a private company owned ambulance car not an NHS ambulance but it’s still an emergency vehicle.

To be fair I have to say that it does look like the owners may have been partly at fault but never the less why the hell would any emergency vehicle be subject to ULEZ charges :confused:

The ULEZ is supposed to be to improve peoples health and save lives in the long run so they charging vehicles that are used by people who probably save lives on a regular basis.

ULEZ is taking Ambulances OFF THE ROAD - Full Story (Youtube video)

ULEZ SCAM - Speaking to the owner of the CLAMPED ambulance (Youtube video)

MyLondon Article

tachograph:
So now they’re clamping emergency vehicles, admittedly this is a private company owned ambulance car not an NHS ambulance but it’s still an emergency vehicle.

To be fair I have to say that it does look like the owners may have been partly at fault but never the less why the hell would any emergency vehicle be subject to ULEZ charges :confused:

The ULEZ is supposed to be to improve peoples health and save lives in the long run so they charging vehicles that are used by people who probably save lives on a regular basis.

MyLondon Article

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with improving air quality, just a rip off tax aimed at those that can least afford to pay it.

bigstraight6:

tachograph:

MyLondon Article

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with improving air quality, just a rip off tax aimed at those that can least afford to pay it.

The same applies to VAT and council tax and fuel duty and carbon tax.
While Khan’s powers like Livingstone’s before him are the result of the The London Government Act.Which handed over huge swathes of the home counties to create Greater London.All the work of the lying Tories who now refuse to repeal it stripping Khan of his power and which they could do over night.

tachograph:

MyLondon Article

Multiple layers of “wrongness” here, I reckon.
If there was more joined up thinking, planning, and administration then it might, probably would, be different.

Planning for pollution is one authority, Health is another, Enforcemennt again different
And far too many aspects of public living are farmed out to private contractors. Companies are obliged to work for profit not the public good.

Clampers are there to turn profit for company owners, not use discretion as public servants.
Council admin shouldn`t give leeway to private companies too tight to buy the correct vehicles for their job.
Health authorities are using private blue light vehicles, why? Cheaper but failing to use clean vehicles. Cheaper but needed because of underfunding?

This ULEZ thing is really a tax on the poor, and designed to make poor people give up their transport “For the green effort” you understand…

How many of us on here would not be able to go to work at ALL - if they couldn’t use their old banger anymore?

I, for one.

Who ARE these people who buy Teslas, Hybrids, etc. costing more than a year’s salary?

Everyone else - happen to be the ones paying this ULEZ charge. Makes no sense, unless it is just a moneyspinner for further green atrocities to come…
The largest CO2 emissions on the planet - happen to come from exhaled mamalian breath, which includes People and just about every warm-blooded animal on the planet besides…

To get anywhere near “Zero CO2 emissions” then - we’d have to cull most of mankind of Earth…
Or worse, the natural balance will go out of kilter because FLAURA needs CO2 to live, grow, and thrive. Take their main fuel supply away - and to re-dress the balance, there will be a lot more fires around the world, a lot more pollution from carbon-burning smoke, and of course we’d have the world’s first global famine from all the crops lost… And they’ll STILL find a way for THAT to be blamed on “Man-Made Climate Change” - which is the biggest hoax of the past century, even bigger than Covid…

Sadiqst Khaaan - needs to be booted at the earliest opportunity.

The Greens have a single MP. UKIP once had twice that number, and they got both kicked out of Westminster, so why can’t the mainstream do the same to the Green Lobby?

Think of all the prosperity we’d get back - if we had as much zeal to abandon Green as 48% of us have in abandoning Brexit?

Something is wrong when licensed black taxis are exempt but emergencies vehicles are not.

Winseer:

The Greens have a single MP. UKIP once had twice that number, and they got both kicked out of Westminster, so why can’t the mainstream do the same to the Green Lobby?

Think of all the prosperity we’d get back - if we had as much zeal to abandon Green as 48% of us have in abandoning Brexit?

Indeed, I did have a laugh reading Jeremy Clarkson’s bit in the current bun yesterday where he mentions an inmate of Khan’s London who happens to drive an old non compliant Ford Focus has now registered it in the name of Sadistic Khan! I hope many others follow this inspiration!

bigstraight6:
Indeed, I did have a laugh reading Jeremy Clarkson’s bit in the current bun yesterday where he mentions an inmate of Khan’s London who happens to drive an old non compliant Ford Focus has now registered it in the name of Sadistic Khan! I hope many others follow this inspiration!

I saw a video about that earlier, the problem is that both parties have to sign the V5 when the vehicle changes hands so I don’t think the genius plan is quite as genius as it may appear.

It would be neat if it worked though :smiley:

tachograph:

bigstraight6:

I saw a video about that earlier, the problem is that both parties have to sign the V5 when the vehicle changes hands so I don’t think the genius plan is quite as genius as it may appear.

It would be neat if it worked though :smiley:

Any squiggle will do for a signature, I’ve done it before when buying off a dealer and the previous owner didn’t sign the v5 beforehand.
In any case, you can google Sadiq khan signature and copy that.

The AA are suggesting a travel rationing scheme in ULEZ areas :open_mouth:

“Travel rationing, as happens in Oxford, would allow people them to travel a certain number of days a year; or time-limited exemptions, as apply to Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone”.
"As an alternative to the ULEZ, the AA suggested a park and ride/park and cycle scheme, similar to a scheme in Cambridge, which ‘would not only cut emissions and congestion but would continue to do so long after the ULEZ non-compliant vehicles have gone on the scrap heap’. transport-network.co.uk/AA- … ourt/19043

Travel rationing is defeated just the same as ulez, with money. If the ration is 100 days, buy 2 cars and you can travel twice as much or 4 cars and be unlimited [emoji16]

On twitter there are multiple accounts sharing pictures of ulez cameras being cut down.Hundreds so far,if it carries on hopefully Khan will eventually be outed as the tfl swindler he is,he is trying to force people onto his buses using the dirty lying ulez and climate bulderdash.
What woeful dishonest times we now live in!

stu675:
Travel rationing is defeated just the same as ulez, with money. If the ration is 100 days, buy 2 cars and you can travel twice as much or 4 cars and be unlimited [emoji16]

Absolutely right, The upcoming pay-per-mile wont bother the well to do drivers in fact they’ll relish the thought of driving on less congested roads when a lot of people will have to use public transport. I watched this YT vid of a well known YT’er about what’s happening in Brent. youtube.com/watch?v=-876kuUmnLQ

Labour failed to take Uxbridge - because of Khan’s rollout of ULEZ to outer London, that didn’t vote for him in the first place…

I wonder if the Home Counties that are inside the M25 - will break away from “Greater London” status, and become independent, in the near future?

Far too many lawyers and stockbrokers living there that up until now - may have supported those “minor” issues like Green and Liberalism - and now have come to live to regret such short-sightedness?

The Left seem quite happy to be abusive towards both Women and Politicians of colour IF they happen to be NOT LABOUR - don’t they?

Isn’t it about time some people were brave enough to launch a serious effort to remove Khan mid-office without fear of being called “Racist” for pursuing such a noble goal, as it would be seen for right now?

I see Khan has just won his case in the high court & has pledged to push ahead with the ULEZ expansion. transport-network.co.uk/Kha … sion/19074

Winseer:
This ULEZ thing is really a tax on the poor, and designed to make poor people give up their transport “For the green effort” you understand…

How many of us on here would not be able to go to work at ALL - if they couldn’t use their old banger anymore?

You can buy cars for a grand made in 2008 that are so low emissions you only pay £30 road tax. In fact I did that just the other day. I’m not mega-rich, it’s a choice anyone can make regardless of how much money you have. If you can buy a really polluting car for much under a grand these days show me where. It’s not a tax on the poor at all - just a good idea to stop kids dying of asthma and everyone breathing crap every day.

I’ve just checked my stepdads car - this is an old volkswagon golf from 2006 that cost him £500 3 months ago - and even he wouldn’t have to pay the ULEZ charge! Jesus - how old do these cars have to be before you have to pay this charge?

Go here winseer and see if your old banger would have to pay the charge and let me know:

tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- … rm-checker

My antenna went up instantly when I saw some tory banging on about “We have to help the poor people” - when has a tory ever been concerned about the poor? What a load of prize horse manure.

bigstraight6:

Winseer:

Knowing Clarkson it’s probably a vintage model Ford Focus and the owner will be a multi-millionaire.

See if you can find a car that would have to pay the ULEZ charge with the vehicle checker - I’ve gone back to a 2006 car that cost £500 3 months ago. So it’s probably got to be a lot older than 23 years and cheaper than £500. Finding a car for under £500 these days is next to impossible.

What a load of bloody codswallop this story is! “Save the poor people” my jacksy.

Winseer:
Labour failed to take Uxbridge - because of Khan’s rollout of ULEZ to outer London, that didn’t vote for him in the first place…

I wonder if the Home Counties that are inside the M25 - will break away from “Greater London” status, and become independent, in the near future?

Far too many lawyers and stockbrokers living there that up until now - may have supported those “minor” issues like Green and Liberalism - and now have come to live to regret such short-sightedness?

The Left seem quite happy to be abusive towards both Women and Politicians of colour IF they happen to be NOT LABOUR - don’t they?

Isn’t it about time some people were brave enough to launch a serious effort to remove Khan mid-office without fear of being called “Racist” for pursuing such a noble goal, as it would be seen for right now?

They lowered the majority from 20,000 to about 500 tho - it’s not as if ULEZ made that much difference.

I havn’t seen labour being abusive to people because of their skin colour - I’ve noticed them being abusive when a woman of colour (Sue Ellen braverman) asks her private secretary if she can get a private one-on-one speeding course so no-one gets to find out she’d been caught. Which is exactly correct and not racist at all.

lancpudn:
I see Khan has just won his case in the high court & has pledged to push ahead with the ULEZ expansion. transport-network.co.uk/Kha … sion/19074

Khaan was given his case in the high court, more like…

They are on the same Left-wing agenda side, after all…
Less than 10% of the public consider “Green” issues to be more important than “Impoverishment” issues.
THEREs the reason that Uxbridge didn’t fall to the Reds!

I await some kind of actual rebellion over the forthcoming Canterbury Lockdown as well.

We’re being led to believe that this is a “Tory Idea” that can be shelved now that the Tory Council have been replaced by a Red/Yellow one…
Betchya they decide NOT to drop it though!