UK to ISTANBUL Documentry

The film featured a Davis Turner Daf 95 and i think it was on a channel 4
documentry despatches and was called Truckers. If i remember the drivers
name was Howard Law from Bristol area.
I did have this on tape but it got lost some years ago in a house move.
Do any of you out there have a copy or know where i could get hold of
one ?, as i`d really to see it again.
Any help on this will be more than welcome.

Cheers

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

That sounds good nianiamh I will have to look out for it :smiley:

convoy:
That sounds good nianiamh I will have to look out for it :smiley:

I think the only way to get hold of this will be if someone recorded it
at the time which must be atleast 1990 as i dont think it would of ever been released on sale. But someone here on TNet will come up trumps i hope

Cant help you, but i do remember seeing it. I prefered that to the Astrans one myself.
I do know someone who is about to start a job doing Turkey, i"ll ask him to take some pics etc, should be very interesting :smiley:

kindle530:
I do know someone who is about to start a job doing Turkey, i"ll ask him to take some pics etc, should be very interesting :smiley:

As it looks like im doing a job for someone who is gona be able to pay me i should be able to afford some film,
As an aside the docu in question did as much for Davies Turner as the docu the guy did to Italy with the boxes did, Carton a ā– ā– ā– ā–  as baksheesh, wot is the world coming to
sdj

Biggles:
As an aside the docu in question did as much for Davies Turner as the docu the guy did to Italy with the boxes did, Carton a ā– ā– ā– ā–  as baksheesh, wot is the world coming to
sdj

I know what you mean Biggles, i bet Davies Turner were over the moon
with him when he starts telling the film crew all about the running bent.
Its not very often us drivers get anything good out of things on tv, remember
that tool on Coronation Streetā€¦ say no more.

I remember the documentary about the DAF with the steering wheel knob.

I seem to remember that DT were not happy and the final quote from the film, was, the driver lost his job when he got home.

Wheel Nut:
I remember the documentary about the DAF with the steering wheel knob.

Steering wheel knob
is this a code word for the driver featured in the doc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kindle530:

That sounds like an interesting run, any jobs goingā– ā– ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Linux-user:

kindle530:

That sounds like an interesting run, any jobs goingā– ā– ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Theres a clue in whos going to do the job mate if you read Biggles post. :laughing: :wink:

kindle530:

Linux-user:

kindle530:

Theres a clue in whos going to do the job mate if you read Biggles post. :laughing: :wink:

Biggles, any jobs going at your placeā– ā– ? sounds like some good trips going on there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Iā€™ve got a copy (on VHS) of TRUCKERS, wouldnā€™t mind letting you borrow it, be good if you could transfer it DVD I donā€™t have the technology! Any ideas?

montydog:
Iā€™ve got a copy (on VHS) of TRUCKERS, wouldnā€™t mind letting you borrow it, be good if you could transfer it DVD I donā€™t have the technology! Any ideas?

Ive sent you a PM :wink:

Hi All,

I have a copy of this on video, Iā€™ll transfer it to DVD, PM me if anybody wants a copy

Ant

If you go on Toprunā€™s site he has this available on a DVD which I have got.

ive got it on dvd. i can send it to you to copy if you want. pm me. ta

This film is listed on Ebay as ā€œDaf to Istanbulā€ number 160251330745. The seller also has various other old films.

Im going in July and in a Daf, but not taking groupage (thank God!)

Hi all

It is for sale here

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daf-to-Istanbul-a ā€¦ 911.c0.m14

coffers:
Hi all

It is for sale here

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daf-to-Istanbul-a ā€¦ 911.c0.m14

i can assure you this is a good ebayer cos this where i have bought a few of my films.

by the way kindle how are your films :question: :question: :question: