Uk Mail Leeds

I always thought DHL paid ok when I worked for them on agency, obviously not for permanent staff. £20k for class 1 work? Pee-take.

Swordsy:
I always thought DHL paid ok when I worked for them on agency, obviously not for permanent staff. £20k for class 1 work? Pee-take.

It kind of depends really.

UK Mail were bought our by DHL, so they are probably offering the same t+c that UK mail used to pay.

Them again for £20k a year for decent hours etc maybe some people will happily do that.

I imagine it’s all one hit trunks and short hours and easy peas work, so it might suit some people.

I am lucky with our place as the money is decent for decent hours home every day and the work is a doddle mostly trunking.

My basic is over £27k plus night shift bonus which takes it to around £33k a year. Plus overtime at time and half over 50 hours. And that’s DHL not UK Mail.

Swordsy:

Saying it is £20k for Class 1 work tells us nothing. If its an 8hr shift with paid breaks then £20k is OK.

Conor:
Saying it is £20k for Class 1 work tells us nothing. If its an 8hr shift with paid breaks then £20k is OK.

No it’s not. I don’t work because I want to, I work because I have to. Therefore if I’m about to spend my precious time doing something I’d rather not then they bloody well better recompense me more than 20k a year.

the maoster:

Conor:

No it’s not. I don’t work because I want to, I work because I have to. Therefore if I’m about to spend my precious time doing something I’d rather not then they bloody well better recompense me more than 20k a year.

+1. £20k for driving a wagon?

You need your ■■■■■■■■ smashing in with a 7 iron if you do that :imp:

Based on a 48hr week 20K works out at £8ph…
Just found this,someone’s telling porkies

xichrisxi:
Based on a 48hr week 20K works out at £8ph…I very much doubt that is correct tbh.
Looking at job sites it’s stating 25K a year which works out at £10ph which I’d say is probably right.

i’ve heard the DHL new KFC contract at Rugby,not sure of Class 1 rates,but paying Class 2 drivers £28,000

I like the idea of profit sharing. Is the dying in service compulsory or optional?

carryfast-yeti:

xichrisxi:
Based on a 48hr week 20K works out at £8ph…I very much doubt that is correct tbh.
Looking at job sites it’s stating 25K a year which works out at £10ph which I’d say is probably right.

i’ve heard the DHL new KFC contract at Rugby,not sure of Class 1 rates,but paying Class 2 drivers £28,000

On the Nisa contract they get £12.60ph class 2

xichrisxi:

carryfast-yeti:

xichrisxi:

I believe that CE drivers at your place get barely any more than the rigid drivers Chris?

Ste O Brien told me that when he was your TM a couple of years ago.

eagerbeaver:

xichrisxi:

carryfast-yeti:

xichrisxi:

I believe that CE drivers at your place get barely any more than the rigid drivers Chris?

Ste O Brien told me that when he was your TM a couple of years ago.

They get the same,but class one work is easier…been the same for 15 years tbh since they scrapped hourly pay and put everyone on salary.
Doesn’t bother me because as said it’s easier in a class one than a rigid and they paid for my class one too.
Now and again it’s gets mentioned about trying to get more for the class one drivers but as they already pay 32k per year for day work with no nights out it’s not gonna happed and they won’t try to reduce class 2 pay as the majority of runs are class 2 ins so they wouldn’t want to cause issues by trying to reduce their pay.

xichrisxi:

I was quoting the DAY job advertised, not nights!

Swordsy:

xichrisxi:

Do any parcel companies do class one day shifts?
FedEx don’t and I assumed non did as parcels are moved overnight.

not sure about now, but when I was there Hermes had plenty of day drivers on class 1

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

They pay their operations managers £20k as well

Jimmy McNulty:

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thats 20,700 / 52 weeks of the year / 5 days a week / 8 hours a day = an hourly rate of £9.95 an hour. Plus a profit share, plus pension, plus death in service. Thats a reasonable rate for the job. That job is literally, drive to collection, wait to be loaded, drive to hub, trailer change, drive back to yard. Nothing difficult there at all.

ALL parcels operations have day drivers! If £20k is reasonable then watch them struggle to find drivers…

eagerbeaver:
+1. £20k for driving a wagon?

You need your ■■■■■■■■ smashing in with a 7 iron if you do that :imp:

I doubt I’ll even come close to £18k this year for driving a wagon. Am I bothered? Nope. Do I feel badly done to? Nope. Why? I earn over £10/hr, I spent three weeks when it was really crappy weather in November sat at home nice and warm and most weeks I only do 3 days. This week I did 5 days, I’ll earn £600 for just over 48hrs work.

Once again for the thickos…depends on how many hours you do. Or would you dumbasses claim £20k was bad for driving a wagon if you only did 20hrs a week…

TiredAndEmotional:
ALL parcels operations have day drivers! If £20k is reasonable then watch them struggle to find drivers…

I doubt they would given the hourly rate is within what many truck drivers earn and some would love to have a normal 40hr working week.