Uk Mail Leeds

Conor:

eagerbeaver:
+1. £20k for driving a wagon?

You need your ■■■■■■■■ smashing in with a 7 iron if you do that :imp:

I doubt I’ll even come close to £18k this year for driving a wagon. Am I bothered? Nope. Do I feel badly done to? Nope. Why? I earn over £10/hr, I spent three weeks when it was really crappy weather in November sat at home nice and warm and most weeks I only do 3 days. This week I did 5 days, I’ll earn £600 for just over 48hrs work.

Once again for the thickos…depends on how many hours you do. Or would you dumbasses claim £20k was bad for driving a wagon if you only did 20hrs a week…

I get £29k mate for a 48 hour week (which I rarely do, it’s closer to 42 tbh).

But I take your point regarding £10 per hour, I consider £10 ph to be the MINIMUM hourly wage that anyone should be getting into a LGV for.

Conor:

eagerbeaver:

I doubt I’ll even come close to £18k this year for driving a wagon. Am I bothered? Nope. Do I feel badly done to? Nope. Why? I earn over £10/hr, I spent three weeks when it was really crappy weather in November sat at home nice and warm and most weeks I only do 3 days. This week I did 5 days, I’ll earn £600 for just over 48hrs work.

Once again for the thickos…depends on how many hours you do. Or would you dumbasses claim £20k was bad for driving a wagon if you only did 20hrs a week…

You’re the dumbass here, as clearly, we’re not talking about a job paying £20k for 20 hours. Now why don’t you give your mouth a rest?

TiredAndEmotional:

Conor:

eagerbeaver:

You’re the dumbass here, as clearly, we’re not talking about a job paying £20k for 20 hours. Now why don’t you give your mouth a rest?

20K for a 9-5 driving job isn’t bad money really. Drivers will take this job for the hours and I don’t blame them.

Why are people looking at the salary here, the Trucknet contingent normally obsess about hourly rates when slagging jobs. The hourly rate here isn’t the worst for very sociable hours… £9.60 an hour.

Certainly better take home pay than going to work at Aldi stacking shelves, which apparently so many of us would be better off doing!

rob22888:
20K for a 9-5 driving job isn’t bad money really. Drivers will take this job for the hours and I don’t blame them.

Why are people looking at the salary here, the Trucknet contingent normally obsess about hourly rates when slagging jobs. The hourly rate here isn’t the worst for very sociable hours… £9.60 an hour.

Certainly better take home pay than going to work at Aldi stacking shelves, which apparently so many of us would be better off doing!

You’re obviously not familiar with Aldi shelf stacker rates but they’re north of £10 now…

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

You’re obviously not familiar with Aldi shelf stacker rates but they’re north of £10 now…

I’m familiar with the contracts on offer… part time. You won’t earn £20k.

rob22888:

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

Tipped at Aldi Golthorpe this am. Lad checking my stock claimed he was on £10 odd an hour, on a 20 hr per week contract.

mbax81:

rob22888:

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

Tipped at Aldi Golthorpe this am. Lad checking my stock claimed he was on £10 odd an hour, on a 20 hr per week contract.

Tax credit’s thrown on top and also paying no tax. Not a bad little number I suppose.

rob22888:

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

I’ve seen them advertise 36 hour jobs…@£10.45ph that’s over £19k…

Conor:

eagerbeaver:

Same here. I’m on agency 11.25ph and time and a half after 8hrs. I get ribbed for being a part timer ( 4 days)…but I do 38-42 hours! That’s not part time. It’s what NORMAL people do.

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

TiredAndEmotional:

rob22888:

I’ve seen them advertise 36 hour jobs…@£10.45ph that’s over £19k…

Even so, 19k still isn’t anywhere near enough to be a viable alternative for a driver on £9ph doing 60 hours, it’d be a £9k drop.

Trust me, I am not saying it’s right that drivers are having to work 60 hours to pull a decent salary a ‘proffesional’ might expect - it’s a bag of ■■■■ - i’m just trying to make the point that the “better off at Aldi” argument is ■■■■■■■■. It’s no good willy waving that you are on a great hourly rate if you are £100’s a month down and unable to pay the bills…