“UK jobs for UK drivers”?
I agree.

+1

+2

aspro:

Contraflow:
This thread won’t go well for you.

Won’t be surprised at all…
Honestly, it was very first time in my life, when company was more interested in accent than knowledge…

Yeh, I reckon if you rang for a vacancy up north and said “Ey Oop” instead of “Good morning to you my dear fellow” you’ll probably pass their local “accent test” as well…

The guy from darn sarth is not going to turn up at interview, once he knows the hourly rate is sub-£7ph you see… May as well nip it in the bud therefore. :exclamation:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

Winseer:

aspro:

Contraflow:
This thread won’t go well for you.

Won’t be surprised at all…
Honestly, it was very first time in my life, when company was more interested in accent than knowledge…

Yeh, I reckon if you rang for a vacancy up north and said “Ey Oop” instead of “Good morning to you my dear fellow” you’ll probably pass their local “accent test” as well…

The guy from darn sarth is not going to turn up at interview, once he knows the hourly rate is sub-£7ph you see… May as well nip it in the bud therefore. :exclamation:

Or even undercut £7 you’ll be fine!!!

DrivingMissDaisy:

lost:

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

Why? what about all the English that went to Germany to work in the 80s should they send the money back

Ye they came back after the job was done though mate me mates Dad was one who went over helped building bridges for 2 yrs, he was a welder.

Didn’t he stop on for a [zb] hoose then? :wink:

c o o n c i l is a zb word…ffs… :unamused:

Perhaps the parsar would look less PC if it just replaced the actual offending string with the {zb} bit…

I’m not {zb}ing joking here!

hanson:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

+4

Isn’t it strange that when we hear of Polish people getting preference to Brits we’re told it’s because Brits are lazy [zb], when it’s the other way round the innuendo is that it’s prejudice against foreigners :confused:

aspro:
I’ve heard about a available positions. Took my phone, gave them a call, answer was: sorry m8, there is no jobs available… Just for fun asked my friend to ring the same company, and he was told, yeah, sure, just apply…

I am Polish, he is English, we both passed within a days between each other, have been driving artics since we have passed, have similar work experience… There was no questions asked about experience or anything…

Happy days…

Name this company!!

They deserve praise…

Aspro. Are you on drugs?
:wink:

tachograph:

hanson:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

+4

Isn’t it strange that when we hear of Polish people getting preference to Brits we’re told it’s because Brits are lazy [zb], when it’s the other way round the innuendo is that it’s prejudice against foreigners :confused:

Firstly, I’m not agreeing with all the UK Jobs for UK boys bit ok, I just quoted this post.

I am however fed up of going to places where it’s full of foreign workers (not just Polish) and they say that it’s because the English don’t want to work and the foreigners are hard workers, even heard it said that the foreigners respect the place more.

I used the toilet in 1 place that has no English workers (PCL Hatfield) and the walls of the toilets were full of graffiti in foreign languages, the seats were missing off 2 of the 3 toilets, the 3rd was disgusting, half the taps weren’t sealed to the basin anymore etc etc etc…

I know LOTS of English that would do your run of the mill warehouse job, loading / unloading trucks, picking and packing etc, so which bit of this job is it that English would refuse to do?

A company in Leeds, the only person who spoke English who I spoke to was the security guard, all the rest were foreign, took them over 3hrs to tip a container, they went on several breaks during that 3hrs - I mean 3 hrs for gods sake, hardly a case of I need a break is it, never mind several breaks.

I don’t know that many English that smoke anymore but it’s still very common for foreign people to smoke, which means leaving site every 40 mins, but it’s a 20 minute round trip.

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

Why? what about all the English that went to Germany to work in the 80s should they send the money back

One big difference back in the 70’s and 80’s, Germany had zero unemployment and needed the skills the Brits could provide, they also paid premium rates to get those skills. Here we employ East Europeans because they are willing to work for less money!

tachograph:

hanson:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

andy_c1982:

tachograph:

hanson:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

So, you’ve been knocked back, get over it.

Sorry, but me thinks that you thought because you’re Polish it would be a given that you would get the job, no probs.

Why?

Martin:

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

One big difference back in the 70’s and 80’s, Germany had zero unemployment and needed the skills the Brits could provide, they also paid premium rates to get those skills. Here we employ East Europeans because they are willing to work for less money!

Is that true though up until last week I have been driving for a market garden with about 50 polish workers because the locals will not do it. The pay is NMW plus piece work the best workers could earn £14 per hour so not that cheap.

Daytrunker:

andy_c1982:

tachograph:

hanson:

tango boy:

altitude:

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

+7

Can’t be long before the racist card is pulled now lol :wink:

+8

waynedl:
Firstly, I’m not agreeing with all the UK Jobs for UK boys bit ok

Woah woah woah, hold it with the sexism!!! :grimacing:

It might be their insurance company telling them they dont want the eastern europeans,i have heard of this before and it has been down to the amount of damage caused by said drivers.

We get this open door policy forced on us but if we speak out were racist.no its not its called being honest.we need doctors,nurses and more highly skilled tradesmen and woman but we dont need toilet cleaners and 6.50 a hour drivers.kick the unskilled and semi skilled out.a wise man onced said if you open the flood gates we will drown

all depend ,depend-ages ,family situation and more.to many Eastern Europoian as well leaving ENglandin last 5 years.because if single man will be worh here 40 hours for some 6-7 pound per hours,so will be not bad life,but no point stay here ,becasuse if pay for rent ,cigarrete,car ,food.and to many people leaving Uk for simple reason -if i have here money just ,just ,why i need live here,without good money can live there,where born.standart Europian -Polish ,Latvian,Lithuanian every years less and less here.