UK jobs for UK drivers

I’ve heard about a available positions. Took my phone, gave them a call, answer was: sorry m8, there is no jobs available… Just for fun asked my friend to ring the same company, and he was told, yeah, sure, just apply…

I am Polish, he is English, we both passed within a days between each other, have been driving artics since we have passed, have similar work experience… There was no questions asked about experience or anything…

Happy days…

This thread won’t go well for you.

And Next have been advertising job vacancies exclusively in Polish, in Poland.

Lol

Oh dear, at least 10 pages…

Contraflow:
This thread won’t go well for you.

Won’t be surprised at all…
Honestly, it was very first time in my life, when company was more interested in accent than knowledge…

“UK jobs for UK drivers”?
I agree.

DrivingMissDaisy:
And Next have been advertising job vacancies exclusively in Polish, in Poland.

Next is not the only one… Stagecoach has its own website in Polish, and they’re still looking for drivers to work in UK…

Muckaway:
I agree.

+1

Sounds almost racist but one could argue the apparent discrimination just might have a legitimate reason behind it. At least it will put out many of the xenophobes, whose point I can see also.

Snudger:
Sounds almost racist but one could argue the apparent discrimination just might have a legitimate reason behind it. At least it will put out many of the xenophobes, whose point I can see also.

Do you actually know the meaning of the word xenophobe? Because I do and it certainly doesn’t apply in my case.

Muckaway:
I agree.

Why? what about all the English that went to Germany to work in the 80s should they send the money back

Muckaway:
I agree.

Sounds like Berlin AD1938…

I should imagine, both of us work hard to live, only difference is place we were born, isn’t it■■?

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

Why? what about all the English that went to Germany to work in the 80s should they send the money back

What’s that got to do with those of us who are born and raised in this country and have chosen to live our lives here? The fact that a minority from this country choose to migrate for whatever reasons is supposed to be justification for allowing the flotsam and jetsam of the world to pitch up here? No.

aspro:

Muckaway:
I agree.

They did get something right.
They were very fuel efficient them Germans, Berlin-Warsaw in one tank.

aspro:

Muckaway:
I agree.

I should imagine, both of us work hard to live, only difference is place we were born, isn’t it■■?

Here we go again, the ■■■■ jibes… :unamused:

If you really knew the indigenous population of this country pre flood you would be ashamed of that remark. If you think this place is like Berlin 1938 there is a way out… :wink:

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

Ye they came back after the job was done though mate me mates Dad was one who went over helped building bridges for 2 yrs, he was a welder.

lost:

mac12:

Muckaway:
I agree.

Ye they came back after the job was done though mate me mates Dad was one who went over helped building bridges for 2 yrs, he was a welder.

Didn’t he stop on for a ■■■■■■■ hoose then? :wink:

c o o n c i l is a zb word…ffs… :unamused:

Na he had one here 80s was a bad time in the uk only they went to Germany to work and came back when the jobs come back he would still be working now but he got cancer a couple of yrs back he,s still a live :smiley:

At last, I’ve been waiting to get this one in…

Angela Merkel went to Greece this year, EU and all that, and when she got to passport control, blokey sez

“Name?”

“Angela Merkel”

“Nationality?”

“German”

“Occupation?”

“No-No, er, just visiting”

:laughing: :laughing: