UK & Europe Truck Simulator

Bit of a thread resurrection, but I thought I’d post a link to a gameplay video that I knocked up for Euro Truck Simulator 2. I appreciate its not everyones cup of tea, but for those that are curious, this gives you a fairly good idea. Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2ZCr8 … r_embedded

Comments on the video, good or bad are welcome :slight_smile:

jonnytruckfest:
Well before my old computer died on me I played on Euro Truck Simulator a lot and I use to do my own work, not the trucks not that brainy but I knew how to muck around with the colours a lot and these were my products

Hopefully If I can get a job sorted I can get a computer that will be able to play this a lot more. Uk Truck simulator is the newer version out the lot. There is a second Euro truck simulator that is coming out this year and it looks the mutts nuts :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Also if your wanting a truck game that isn’t that harsh on your computer there are the older games with 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin, and my personal favourite 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal which I personalised a lot :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Its Edingburgh . . just saying like. . yes i should get out more :blush:

My latest ETS2 Video, rather proud of this one so be gentle. Took bloody ages. Whack the display up to 720p to enjoy!

youtube.com/watch?v=SkAbflGJhPo

Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone ever tried the UK or Europe Truck Simulator games for PC…? I have both with steering wheel and I would recommend to any truck drivers who like these type of things to give it a try. You can download trial versions but I would honestly tell you to get a steering wheel for your PC if you want to play it because driving with your PC’s keyboard is a nightmare.

If anyone has seen or played these let us know because I’m interested in learning what others think about it.

LOL ha ive had it months mate never got out of manchester with the keybord controls was driving like a p***head ha . :open_mouth: wheeving all over the place played it twice and lost trailer 5 times :angry: comming of the motorway .
so its staying on the desktop cant even be bothered deleting it yet :unamused:

YAMBOL57:
LOL ha ive had it months mate never got out of manchester with the keybord controls was driving like a p***head ha . :open_mouth: wheeving all over the place played it twice and lost trailer 5 times :angry: comming of the motorway .
so its staying on the desktop cant even be bothered deleting it yet :unamused:

Mate go to PC world and get yourself a steering wheel and you’ll be driving from Portsmouth to Warsaw in an hour tops :smiley: I’ve been all over the UK and Italy, Poland, Spain and Switzerland :smiley: Hurts the neck after an hour or two :smiley:

Fantastic game it really is and I to have lost the trailor twice, my reversing has improved dramatically over the past few days where its coming to me 2nd nature now :slight_smile: I know I’m like a BIG kid with a new toy :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah i have it too, thing is i only have a laptop and although it’s a new’ish one it struggles to play it, it’s very choppy ect and like has been said above playing with the keyboard is a nightmare!!! :laughing:

Haha I use to play that, but was all over the road with the keyboard and couldent use the mirrors otherwise it would be jumppy and really slow probs didn’t help that I use to download loads of trucks and trailers

Hey guys, I’ll tell you why its choppy/jumpy. Your graphics card is not good enough and in order to play simulator games you really do need a top notch graphics card to handle the streaming of the game. I use an NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics card which runs smooth and I have no jumping in game and detail is amazing and almost looks real.

To find out what your PC/Laptop has in the way of graphics card just simply do the following:

1, Click Start.
2, On the Start menu, click Run.
3, In the Open box, type “dxdiag” (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
4, The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
5, On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has here.

If you’re experiencing odd visual behavior in SketchUp then it may mean its time to upgrade your graphics to something more capable. :wink:

Hope this helps with graphics/video card problems :slight_smile:

Megatron:
Haha I use to play that, but was all over the road with the keyboard and couldent use the mirrors otherwise it would be jumppy and really slow probs didn’t help that I use to download loads of trucks and trailers

Where do you download trucks and trailors from…?

Wrams:

Megatron:

Urm think it was called truckpol or somthing like that but if you search euro truck simulator mods on google you should find some forums that you can download them off

Megatron:

Wrams:

Megatron:

Urm think it was called truckpol or somthing like that but if you search euro truck simulator mods on google you should find some forums that you can download them off

Thank you I will do and I’ll let you know if I am successful :wink:

Well before my old computer died on me I played on Euro Truck Simulator a lot and I use to do my own work, not the trucks not that brainy but I knew how to muck around with the colours a lot and these were my products

Hopefully If I can get a job sorted I can get a computer that will be able to play this a lot more. Uk Truck simulator is the newer version out the lot. There is a second Euro truck simulator that is coming out this year and it looks the mutts nuts :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Also if your wanting a truck game that isn’t that harsh on your computer there are the older games with 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin, and my personal favourite 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal which I personalised a lot :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Hey you have some great mods there mate, I have the Europe and UK plus I just downloaded Ship and Train plus Fortlift which I will install later just to mess about with. The UK one’s graphics are amazing and it honestly looks more or less real scenery. Roads are nice and tight which makes for good driving experience in my honest opinion and I love the f10 button so you can take shots of yourself driving along :smiley:

I’ll take some and upload them once I’ve earned enough cash to buy something better or do you have some money cheats :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrams:
Hey you have some great mods there mate, I have the Europe and UK plus I just downloaded Ship and Train plus Fortlift which I will install later just to mess about with. The UK one’s graphics are amazing and it honestly looks more or less real scenery. Roads are nice and tight which makes for good driving experience in my honest opinion and I love the f10 button so you can take shots of yourself driving along :smiley:

I’ll take some and upload them once I’ve earned enough cash to buy something better or do you have some money cheats :stuck_out_tongue:

In all honesty I can’t say in any of the truck games I have I don’t exactly earn the money to get the trucks :laughing: I’m more of a cheating kinda person to get the money because in all fairness I go on the games too drive the truck I souly want too drive as you can see above my ‘pride and joy’ of a Scania, that was the only truck I drove since I downloaded and installed it.

I even had ago at ‘modding’ the original interior to make it look like one of the Euro boys who tart up their interior as you can see below my attempts :laughing: :smiley:

If you want too be able to do the cheats thing, you have too go into the folder in my documents for the game. So for example for Euro Truck Simulator. Go to My Documents > Euro Truck Simulator and in there should be a ‘config’ file. Open it up and find Uset G Console or something like that and change the ‘0’ to a ‘1’ and then the button next too the 1 on the keyboard you press that while in game, then you just type in ‘Cheat money’ for the dough

Got to admit when my old computer was up and running, In the holidays I was on this 85% of the time :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: So I had a lot of time on my hands :smiley: :smiley:

But unfortunately, No comp good enough to run it. So I’m just stuck too a very old game of mine. Not the best but it has trucks in it so suits me fine :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Hey John,
Why don’t you get yourself a NVIDIA GeForce GT240 there very reasonable and easy to install mate and 9 times out of 10 thats all thats needed to run a good game.

My PC I built myself and it has 8 Gig RAM and 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate with the graphics card I mentioned plus I always tweak my PC’s registry and graphics card so it runs at its fastest all the time. This PC I run now is amazing buddy it really is and my touch screen PC I have I don’t even use anymore so if anyone wants to purchase my more or less new Samsumg 24" Touch Screen PC they can by PMing me but I will tell you I paid £1200 for it less than 6 months ago :frowning: What a waste of cash :imp:

Anyway going back to PC’s mate its so easy that even a novice can bring there old PC’s up to modern standards with the right tweaking :wink:

Found the config file and changed the uset g_console “1” as you can see :slight_smile: now I’ll test it and get back to you Ok mate :wink:

If I had the money to do it mate I would. I already have my eye on some parts for a computer build but with no job at the moment that doesn’t look so likely at the moment. And this computer needs a complete over haul if you ask me, it’s like something built before I was born absolutely ancient :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and it’s as slow as an old woman on her scooter on the fast lane of the M25. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And I’m useless with computers, how I’ve got an A* in ICT at college I’ll never know :laughing: :laughing: My knowledge includes turning them on, they fire up. Enter my pass word I’m set too go when It’s done all its arsing about loading up :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing:

&&& no worries mate. When I first got on it I was on it for a full 24 hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: Now that’s either dedication or pure stupidity. I think it’s a combination of both :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny,

I’ve always been in to PC’s and being a web developer I’m always intersted in coding of any sorts like MySQL Databases and what not so Binay code is something I wouldn’t mind learning :smiley:

I have just gone solo so gonna buy a garage now and employ some truckers :smiley: I have been doing jumps in my wagon over humps and taking pics using f10 :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll post them up tomorrow when I’m online.

Cya later mate :wink: night!!

I’ve always wanted to build my own computer to be honest but I suppose it’s just something I’ve always had a bit of hesitation about incase I muck something up!!! I’ve been told it’s just like adult lego building one but that’s yet too be proven in my eyes. :laughing:

Hopefully when I turn 18 and this agency can start offering me jobs I can actually do I can get some money together to buy the parts and build one. Because I honestly don’t think this computer could really be upgraded, as I think the motherboard alone is a pile of junk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But I couldn’t be certain to be fair as I’m not a computer whiz kid, My brother likes to think he is because he does web design or whatever at uni but at times it’s like he doesn’t know a thing he’s on about :laughing: :laughing:

&&& I don’t see how it’s difficult to steer with a keyboard, I managed too do it the only thing that ■■■■■■ me off with the game is the lack of power the low class of trucks have the fact on UK truck simulator you struggle too even get it upto 50 on a Class C truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Look forward too seeing these pictures :grimacing: :grimacing:

But if anyone knows where a good gaming computer has ‘fallen’ off the back of a lorry be sure to let me know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers