UB Ashby De-La-Zouche......are they taking the p***

Arrived here 1330 for a 1400 collection…it’s now 18:20 and I’m still here…what a shower of [zb] …I’m not on my own obviously there are several other frustrated drivers sitting about… I know it’s all part of the job etc etc but FFS how do these companies make a profit. No point complaining to them either as they’ll just drag it out even more (if that’s possible). They must be loading one bloody cream cracker at a time. I need a beer!!!

Mod’s edit:
The auto censor is… err… automatic, so please just type whatever you want and then leave it to do its work.

It wouldn’t pick up the word “■■■■,” so no need for the asterisks. However, the asterisks count as a dodge when they’re used to mask the other word. :wink:

Honestly, just type it, then leave it… ‘preview’ is your friend. dd. :wink:

Where I work, they bill the company if a driver is waiting more than two hours past their booking in slot. Strangely enough we usually get done quite quickly.

Well if that don’t take the biscuit I don’t know what does…!

Crumbs.

Harry Monk:
Crumbs.

If drivers are happy to put up with this ■■■■■■■■ Harry, that’s what they should be paid :unamused:

It’s Zouch

eagerbeaver:
If drivers are happy to put up with this ■■■■■■■■ Harry, that’s what they should be paid :unamused:

It’s not about drivers putting up with this though mate. What realistically are they expected to do? Pull out? Refuse to go in in the first place? It’s the hauliers problem to solve tbh. A good start would be to stop trying to beat every other Co on price and concentrate on quality of service instead. Oh, and grow a spine and start charging demurrage too, that’d focus some minds.

I’ve had a particularly shocking week in as much as I have never done a single load or delivery that has taken less than 3 hours to do! In fact out of 5 working days I’ve had three split breaks. Now whilst I’m paid by the hour I’m also conscious of the fact that trucks need to earn money and I seriously doubt that mine has turned a profit this week.

Will my Co approach Tesco, Sainsbury, Bidvest and the other places I’ve been ridiculously held up at and demand recompense? Will they buggery, they’ll bend over and take it terrified that Yearsleys/Reeds etc will take the crap work off them.

Ours do charge if the truck is standing for no good reason. We’re in our busy period and with the recent rain now the sunshine everyone is out spraying so we’re even more busy. No good having an artic waiting around for some busy body to remove his thumb from his arse and get on with the load/unloading etc.

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

It’s not about drivers putting up with this though mate. What realistically are they expected to do? Pull out? Refuse to go in in the first place? It’s the hauliers problem to solve tbh. A good start would be to stop trying to beat every other Co on price and concentrate on quality of service instead. Oh, and grow a spine and start charging demurrage too, that’d focus some minds.

I’ve had a particularly shocking week in as much as I have never done a single load or delivery that has taken less than 3 hours to do! In fact out of 5 working days I’ve had three split breaks. Now whilst I’m paid by the hour I’m also conscious of the fact that trucks need to earn money and I seriously doubt that mine has turned a profit this week.

Will my Co approach Tesco, Sainsbury, Bidvest and the other places I’ve been ridiculously held up at and demand recompense? Will they buggery, they’ll bend over and take it terrified that Yearsleys/Reeds etc will take the crap work off them.

I know you are saying mate. But to me work is simply a way of paying the bills.
And when I have been at a drop for a couple of hours, I used to phone my previous gaffers and tell them that they need to phone the customer and inform them that I will be pulling out in the next 15 mins.

It was incredible how many times they all of a sudden managed to tip me. [zb] these people.
I used to quite enjoy driving the truck back empty and telling them to perform oral ■■■ on me. What can they do? Sack me? Who gives a [zb]? :laughing:

Luckily my current employer doesn’t service these crap hole RDC places, so I no longer have to listen to all the Special Forces tales.

Time for drivers to man up or keep getting bummed :grimacing:

Mod’s edit:
If you need to use asterisks, then that’s your clue that you’re trying to use a banned word.
The auto censor is… err… automatic and doesn’t need any help, so please leave it to do its work.

:bulb: Please have a read of forum rule #3. dd.

I did Harrods Thatcham today, turned up an hour and a half early. Told to put it on any bay, the second it hit the dock the door went up and they started tipping me. In and out in less than half an hour!

Beaver, why do your responses all centre around drivers being spineless? So you pull out and the container goes back to the port empty and the company I’m working for loses the contract just because I’m a bit impatient and want to make a point!!

As for Mark Thompson not servicing ■■■■ hole RDCs, he does DFDS trailer work out of Immingham so let’s not pretend he’s any different to any other traction outfit, doing ■■■■ jobs for ■■■■ rates…

My ex gaffer has pulled the same load out of Tesco reading for a third time this week.

commonrail:
My ex gaffer has pulled the same load out of Tesco reading for a third time this week.

that is no suprise for that place

ako444:
Beaver, why do your responses all centre around drivers being spineless? So you pull out and the container goes back to the port empty and the company I’m working for loses the contract just because I’m a bit impatient and want to make a point!!

As for Mark Thompson not servicing [zb] hole RDCs, he does DFDS trailer work out of Immingham so let’s not pretend he’s any different to any other traction outfit, doing [zb] jobs for [zb] rates…

Lot’s of drivers are spineless pal. Seen enough haulage firms and chatted to enough drivers to have a balanced view.
If you are happy to sit around for hours, then good for you. The OP doesn’t want to.

As for Mark doing crap job’s for crap rates, well feast your eyes on the load of brand new Scania’s being delivered over the next fortnight. (They are in addition to the fleet of V8 Scania’s we already have). Maybe not all haulage firms make peanuts… :grimacing:

As Frank Sinatra once sang, " Thats Life ".

eagerbeaver:

ako444:

As for Mark Thompson not servicing [zb] hole RDCs, he does DFDS trailer work out of Immingham so let’s not pretend he’s any different to any other traction outfit, doing [zb] jobs for [zb] rates…

Lot’s of drivers are spineless pal. Seen enough haulage firms and chatted to enough drivers to have a balanced view.
If you are happy to sit around for hours, then good for you. The OP doesn’t want to.

As for Mark doing crap job’s for crap rates, well feast your eyes on the load of brand new Scania’s being delivered over the next fortnight. (They are in addition to the fleet of V8 Scania’s we already have). Maybe not all haulage firms make peanuts… :grimacing:

Surely it’s down to the office if you pull off the job.
If I had a driver pull off a job without been told to by the office I wouldn’t be amused.

commonrail:

It’s been chaos there this week, I think they took staff who’d normally tip on goods in to load trailers on goods out, they can’t get trailers loaded quick enough there, I’ve never seen them having lorries queueing up down the side of the warehouse before.

we could all fill our yards with new tackle don’t mean we bought them

SHYTOT:
we could all fill our yards with new tackle don’t mean we bought them

Very true

And if he’s that flush with cash his drivers will all be on top dollar