UB Ashby De-La-Zouche......are they taking the p***

kr79:

eagerbeaver:

ako444:
Beaver, why do your responses all centre around drivers being spineless? So you pull out and the container goes back to the port empty and the company I’m working for loses the contract just because I’m a bit impatient and want to make a point!!

As for Mark Thompson not servicing [zb] hole RDCs, he does DFDS trailer work out of Immingham so let’s not pretend he’s any different to any other traction outfit, doing [zb] jobs for [zb] rates…

Lot’s of drivers are spineless pal. Seen enough haulage firms and chatted to enough drivers to have a balanced view.
If you are happy to sit around for hours, then good for you. The OP doesn’t want to.

As for Mark doing crap job’s for crap rates, well feast your eyes on the load of brand new Scania’s being delivered over the next fortnight. (They are in addition to the fleet of V8 Scania’s we already have). Maybe not all haulage firms make peanuts… :grimacing:

Surely it’s down to the office if you pull off the job.
If I had a driver pull off a job without been told to by the office I wouldn’t be amused.

The office aren’t the one sat there bored witless though Kr. And they don’t have the keys in their hand… :wink:

they are being paid to do nothing

SHYTOT:
they are being paid to do nothing

So are people on the dole :arrow_right:

most people on the dole are working

SHYTOT:
most people on the dole are working

To be honest, if my office wants me to sit and wait then thats what I’ll do. I’m hourly paid so whats the worry? I’m thankful that I rarely do RDC’s, hell Harrods was the first one in over a year.

eagerbeaver:

kr79:

eagerbeaver:

ako444:
Beaver, why do your responses all centre around drivers being spineless? So you pull out and the container goes back to the port empty and the company I’m working for loses the contract just because I’m a bit impatient and want to make a point!!

As for Mark Thompson not servicing [zb] hole RDCs, he does DFDS trailer work out of Immingham so let’s not pretend he’s any different to any other traction outfit, doing [zb] jobs for [zb] rates…

Lot’s of drivers are spineless pal. Seen enough haulage firms and chatted to enough drivers to have a balanced view.
If you are happy to sit around for hours, then good for you. The OP doesn’t want to.

As for Mark doing crap job’s for crap rates, well feast your eyes on the load of brand new Scania’s being delivered over the next fortnight. (They are in addition to the fleet of V8 Scania’s we already have). Maybe not all haulage firms make peanuts… :grimacing:

Surely it’s down to the office if you pull off the job.
If I had a driver pull off a job without been told to by the office I wouldn’t be amused.

The office aren’t the one sat there bored witless though Kr. And they don’t have the keys in their hand… :wink:

You don’t know if they are on paid waiting time or it’s part of a contract.
Might be ■■■■■■■ up a good contract because some ■■■■■■■ in a lorry wants to play the big I am.

Your company should charge them detention time, most do. In the 90’s when I delivered anywhere that Weetabix did, they had a rule whereby if they were not offloading within 30 minutes of arrival they would just leave and the customers knew it, so they always got unloaded right away or not get the Weetabix, who obviously had a monopoly. My company here charge $100.00 an hour for detention and we drivers get $20.00 an hour of that.

was in hopi prauge last Monday deliverying 2 pallats waited 2 hrs 2 go on bay told me I mite b there another 4 hours …told them in broken czech give me my cmr I’m off …no no no was the reply bay 46 tipped n out after that in 20 mins happy days …

Pat Hasler:
In the 90’s when I delivered anywhere that Weetabix did, they had a rule whereby if they were not offloading within 30 minutes of arrival they would just leave and the customers knew it, so they always got unloaded right away or not get the Weetabix,…

the RHA which is kind of a union for the companies should get on this and get all their members to demand demurage, as a bloc, as a standard part of a haulage contract

chrisdalott:
the RHA which is kind of a union for the companies should get on this and get all their members to demand demurage, as a bloc, as a standard part of a haulage contract

If they, along with the fta and bifa, made it part of their condition of carriage, then the customer will be forced to accept it on receipt of their goods

drhs:
was in hopi prauge last Monday deliverying 2 pallats waited 2 hrs 2 go on bay told me I mite b there another 4 hours …told them in broken czech give me my cmr I’m off …no no no was the reply bay 46 tipped n out after that in 20 mins happy days …

I hope your broken Czech is better than your broken English.

Radar19:
To be honest, if my office wants me to sit and wait then thats what I’ll do. I’m hourly paid so whats the worry? I’m thankful that I rarely do RDC’s, hell Harrods was the first one in over a year.

Fair enough for a tramper, not otherwise. I’m perfectly happy to sit there first job of the day as it usually means later jobs get taken off me, when it gets into the afternoon though I don’t really want some poxy & incompetent RDC depriving me of a homelife.

rob22888:

Radar19:

Fair enough for a tramper, not otherwise. I’m perfectly happy to sit there first job of the day as it usually means later jobs get taken off me, when it gets into the afternoon though I don’t really want some poxy & incompetent RDC depriving me of a homelife.

+1.

If drivers want to dictate the pace they should buy their own truck

SHYTOT:

Spot on

SHYTOT:

Or just simply grow a pair and work decent hours :unamused:

My mate Alan works for UB Ashby, he earns a ■■■■■■■ fortune, four days on and sits in a queue, he loves it, not happy with the 17 cameras watching though, 6 in the cab and the rest in the drivers room :slight_smile:

No need to grow a pair, just don’t sit there like a nodding donkey at the interview accept the job then start moaning when given a set of keys and a run sheet,
the answer is simple DONT TAKE THE JOB. Roll on driverless trucks