U-Turn on M6

youtu.be/m9mWjNdxN6Q

Looks like one of our euro friends. He should of just left it on the hard shoulder and waited for the rozzers to come. I would imagine he would of got a stern talking to but not much more than that.

The flip flop was in court today and got 15 weeks in prison suspended for 2 years £85 costs and banned from driving for 18 months.

That seems quite stiff actually… :open_mouth:
He’s obviously made a standard foreign ■■■■ up of driving down the wrong sliproad, but I thought he recovered from it quite well under the circumstances. What was he supposed to do? Reverse back up? Stop halfway down and call the rozzers?

thought a U turn was when you went back in the direction U came from :question:
all he did was drove the wrong way and then turned LEFT.

Legend :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

seems a bit ott for a sentence? you see it happening now and again in euroland. all he did was enter the wrong way and swing left,with no big deal to anyone concerned. nobody was anywhere near him…I suppose the alternative of calling plod,let them turn up complete wth hato in tow,close the motorway with cones and a rolling roadblock for 6 hours and then arresting him anyway was just too much to contemplate. :unamused:

Fully agree with Winseer and Dieseldog.

Anybody can make a mistake, the driver acted in a very safe manner after realizing he’d made one, stopped on the hard shoulder, let every other vehicle pass him safely, waited for a clear space in motorway traffic and entered the traffic in the right direction.
That’s the reason I’m not keen on working on the continent, anybody can make a silly mistake, part of life, mistake s happen, what counts is how you recover from one.

European driver again,but having said that and although totally illegal he did not really cause any problems

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te … ng-4622915

unbelievable
m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stok … e-30039395

Unreal lol I was on the coming off the M6 onto the M56 a few month back when a DSV truck was in the left lane going to Manchester and wanted to be going Chester bound so he stopped in the left lane nearly causing a pile up and when everyone came to a stop he drove across the chevrons and go over to the chesterbound I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, the standard of driving is unbelievable nowadays !!

Suspended jail sentence, 18 month ban, and extended competence test and an £85 fine. Will the ban extend to Lithuania? Worrying to think the driver shortage may be filled by this type of driver if it gets any worse.

Can’t see this has been posted yet, but creating big debates on the social media…

http://news.sky.com/story/1372763/cctv-lorry-drivers-shocking-motorway-u-turn

Take yer pick :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119717

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119701

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119713

So he made a mistake (as we all have) but got out of it quite well (as not all of us have) so what’s the problem? Plod over the top imo …

Leonid Papachin performed the manoeuvre in a 40-tonne truck on the M6 Toll

Footage has been released showing a lorry driver performing a U-turn on a motorway after driving the wrong way up an exit slip-road.

Leonid Papachin conducted the manoeuvre in a 40-tonne truck on the M6 Toll in Lichfield, Staffordshire.

The 51-year-old received a 15-week suspended prison term at Cannock Magistrates’ Court last month after pleading guilty to dangerous driving.

He was also given an 18-month driving ban and made to pay £85 costs.

The Lithuanian national had been working in the UK for two months when he committed the offence at around 17:30 BST on 23 October.

Motorway patrol manager Ch Insp Jed White said: “I hope that it serves as a deterrent to anyone who thinks they can put other motorists in jeopardy by ignoring motorway regulations.”

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-st … e-30039395

What on earth was he thinking!?

As soon as you see the picture you just know its Johnny…

Bless - he had only been in the UK for a coule of weeks and got confused :open_mouth:

£85 is a joke.