U OK Harry?

Just seen the Southern Star sitting on the H/S. Looks like your homeward bound for Xmas too. H9pe it’s nothing too bad.

She’s leaking coolant, should be someone here soon with some hoses… Poxy thing! :stuck_out_tongue:

you wanna get a u boat Harry .it’ll go with the narrow boat then :wink:
not what you need just before Christmas though … an right on the weekend :unamused:

m1cks:
Just seen the Southern Star sitting on the H/S. Looks like your homeward bound for Xmas too. H9pe it’s nothing too bad.

a good driver would have stopped offered help or a cuppa then taken the ■■■■ and run like hell :wink:

nick2008:

m1cks:

a good driver would have stopped offered help or a cuppa then taken the ■■■■ and run like hell :wink:

I was bombing past and it is a Friday. plus we are tracked!

m1cks.Not wishing to seem rude but surely it’s irrelevant if it’s Friday or your being tracked.If you were in the same position you would appreciate someone stopping.It costs nothing to ask ,maybe i’m old fashioned.

I’d have stopped Harry. I got the coffees last time so I need to make sure you even the score before you hang your keys up and sail off into the sunset! :smiley:

Cheers all, sorted now and waiting to tip at Sittingbourne. I know that while some people can stop, some can’t. One of the many differences between the job now and the job 20 years ago.

Not been the best of weeks, needed a new air drier on Tuesday, but that’s the way it goes, a long spell where nothing goes wrong followed by a spell where everything does…

the maoster:
I’d have stopped Harry. I got the coffees last time so I need to make sure you even the score before you hang your keys up and sail off into the sunset! :smiley:

Don’t you mean “chug” into the sunset? He’s going on narrowboat not a yacht :wink: :smiley:

Stop on the hard shoulder to help someone and then get pulled by the old bill for stopping on the hard shoulder when not an emergency ■■
I’m sure it’s happened!!

hutpik:
m1cks.Not wishing to seem rude but surely it’s irrelevant if it’s Friday or your being tracked.If you were in the same position you would appreciate someone stopping.It costs nothing to ask ,maybe i’m old fashioned.

Unless you have particular skills and/or tools I don’t see the point in stopping personally. Would been different in the past but nowadays there’s not much you can do. The hard shoulder I’d dangerous enough without a queue of lorries stopping to help

Unless u stop and ask you never know.As u say it was different in the past.Maybe a bit more civilised.I don’t Think 1 lorry constitutes a queue do you.

We may not be macanices but if it was someone I knew I would check to make sure he/she wasn’t ill.
Having said that, if you saw him late it’s no good stopping as it would be to far and unsafe to walk back.

TBH I didn’t realise it was him until I was level with the cab. By the time I’d have safely stopped I’d have been well up the road and as pointed out, stopping on the hard shoulder isn’t the best of things to do.

The main reason I didnt stop was the thought that I might walk round the side of his truck to see him filling a bottle of truckers tizer.

hutpik:
Unless u stop and ask you never know.As u say it was different in the past.Maybe a bit more civilised.I don’t Think 1 lorry constitutes a queue do you.

Ah but if you should stop for one shouldn’t you also stop for two? Even so two trucks on the hard shoulder is more of a risk than one. Like I say if you don’t have any particular skills to help why stop? Maybe to give him some moral support? Or maybe give him your lunch? :wink: If I’m on the hard shoulder and cant fix it myself then there is no one else going to be able to help and I’m happy for no one to stop while I wait for a breakdown van.

Edit; Just to clarify I mean different in the past in the sense that trucks were easier to fix, drivers often had more mechanical skills and roads were quieter

Firstly, pleased you’re up and running again Harry. :smiley:

As for Stopping, not so easy on a motorway, especially when as some have said by the time you realise who it is it would be to late. Might be possible on other roads.

With modern communications if you know their number you could make a phone call, might be able to help or just be somebody that they can get tell their woes to.

Or as was done here a post on trucknet that Harry responded to, couldn’t have done that 20 years ago.

If you in a UK registered truck joined a Foreigners truck on the hard shoulder for a night out which one would get moved on?

I carry tools, and in a different place I could have sorted it out myself, but what I don’t carry is 40 litres of coolant. One of my mates did phone while I was there, he had gone past me before he realised it was me (I didn’t have the usual Gregory trailer on the back) and he offered to turn round and come back but I said there wasn’t any point, at that time Renault were already well on their way.

Been an expensive week one way and another, but then like I say, “If you can’t take a joke, you shouldn’t get an O licence”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was planning on taking all of next week off, but I will now work the first few days to partly recoup this week’s losses, then I just want to get up to the boat for Christmas and forget all about trucks for a few days.

tango boy:
If you in a UK registered truck joined a Foreigners truck on the hard shoulder for a night out which one would get moved on?

Both if buy some chance a police car actually was on patrol in the area.
Although I did see a whole load of foreign truck get moved on round the M25 a few weeks back so it does happen sometimes.

Home now, and I do have one piece of good news from this week, my tax disc has arrived and I’ve even bought a new holder to put it in. :stuck_out_tongue: