Tyre slasher gets slammed

I don’t know if this has been posted before, if not I think you’ll enjoy it :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: karma

OMFG that must have hurt like a ■■■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This very same “Special Function” have killed a fair few tyre fitters.

I thought it was really cool how it blew his shirt clean off!!
He must have suffered some “facial breakages” getting slamdunked like that. Probably in shock when he stood up.
When all`s said and done, serves the dipsh*t right. :laughing:

If you insert a fine point fish filleting knife into a tyre wall at an upright angle, thus ensuring that anything coming out goes downwards then you won’t have this problem. Air comes out, tyres knackered, guy in video is an amateur.

I’ve had one blowout on a trailer. The tyre blew off the rim and flattened a signpost. I told the tyre fitter that came out I was in a layby signposted up. He came out and said there were no signposts for it, so we went for a walk and saw a signpost flattened and my tyre sat in the ditch, I was amazed.

I suppose when you multiply 120psi over a few feet of surface area, you get over a tonne of force, so that fella was lucky he didn’t die like some tyre fitters do when they get flung around like a rag doll.

FH Hammy:
I’ve had one blowout on a trailer. The tyre blew off the rim and flattened a signpost. I told the tyre fitter that came out I was in a layby signposted up. He came out and said there were no signposts for it, so we went for a walk and saw a signpost flattened and my tyre sat in the ditch, I was amazed.

I suppose when you multiply 120psi over a few feet of surface area, you get over a tonne of force, so that fella was lucky he didn’t die like some tyre fitters do when they get flung around like a rag doll.

Wierd isn’t it. When you put your thumbnail on the little pin in the vale to let the same PSI out then it just comes out and doesn’t throw you anywhere. No goggles, hard hat or high viz needed you can just let the tyre down.
I’ve come to the conclusion that anecdotal scenarios appear a more powerful educational tool than the facts.

If you were to drill a hole in the side wall would this happen?

Never seen anything like this actually happen but they used videos like this in my apprenticeship and in CPC.

Tipper Tom:
If you were to drill a hole in the side wall would this happen?

Never seen anything like this actually happen but they used videos like this in my apprenticeship and in CPC.

Look at the video again. See how the tyre does not move down to the floor. How much air would need to come out of a tyre to “body slam you to the floor” ? The video is a load of nonsense to me.

Mike-C:
Look at the video again. See how the tyre does not move down to the floor. How much air would need to come out of a tyre to “body slam you to the floor” ? The video is a load of nonsense to me.

Look at the video again, you can see the burst of air vapour as the tyre slasher goes about his stuff. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

Look at the video again, you can see the burst of air vapour as the tyre slasher goes about his stuff. :wink:

And that negates the question i asked, how ?

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

And that negates the question i asked, how ?

In the sense that enough air can be escaping from the tyre to knock a person off of their feet, I would say. Although it might help if you qualified what you mean when you say that the video is a load of nonsense.

Video of the effect of sudden tyre failure here.

I had a soft trailer tyre last week so put air line on it, got it to 90psi and it let go! lucky for me the tyre split inside (oposite side to me) but the force and bang knocked me over and left my ears ringing for days.
After the initial release of pressure it takes a while tyre to fully deflate, pressure differance becomes less.

Split rims were good too! :laughing: not good when they go off though, :imp: especially whence not in a cage! :smiling_imp:

Mike-C:

Could be a twin wheel on the axle. If the inner tyre is still inflated, the outer one wouldn’t sink to the floor.

I’m going to claim because it hurts me just looking at it! :open_mouth:

That’s just made my day.

Harry Monk:
In the sense that enough air can be escaping from the tyre to knock a person off of their feet, I would say. Although it might help if you qualified what you mean when you say that the video is a load of nonsense.

Just when the girl says the tyres have a special function. Bacon Sandwich might be right when he says it could be a twin wheel, bit it only looks a small truck and wheel. Looks almost set up to me.

Mine have the same special function, stick something sharp in and the air comes out!