Tyne Tunnel

I’m going on a jolly through the Tyne Tunnel tomorrow, it’s years since I was up that way, can anyone tell me how much it costs to drive an artic (5 axles) through these days? Also, what’s the height restriction?
Ta. :sunglasses:

Where are you off too !!!

All the info you need is available at the following url xrl.in/8ez :slight_smile:

It says here £1.50 cash.

16’ Height restriction and 8’4’’ wide

http://www.tynetunnel.info/wps/wcm/connect/Tunnel/Home/

Its a while since I used it because they have this ridiculous rule that you must check the fifth wheel before going into the tunnel.

They also stopped us using the tunnel as we had a gas night heater fitted, but that was a few years ago.

Thanks guys! :smiley:

P.S. Willie, I’m only going as far as Whitley Bay so I won’t need my passport :wink:

Don’t be leaving your clothes on the beach, and rowing off out to sea … oh, that was Seaton Carew. :laughing: Mind you … they all talk funny up that away.

The Rustler:
Mind you … they all talk funny up that away.

Oi!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Theres a load of roadworks around the tunnel atm so try to avoid peak times and i can confirm it is £1.50

: Mind you … they all talk funny up that away.
[/quote]

Just cozyedivinttaalkpropalikeweedee :laughing:
Simon :smiley:

Shrek:
Thanks guys! :smiley:

P.S. Willie, I’m only going as far as Whitley Bay so I won’t need my passport :wink:

Wanna Bet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll set up passport control at the end of the M194 whitemare Pool about 800 yds from my house :laughing:

Some classy young ladies in Whitley Bay!!!

Love it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheeky taliban…if you were up in Edinburgh would have bought you a cofffee or lunch

willie_mac:
Cheeky taliban…if you were up in Edinburgh would have bought you a cofffee or lunch

What time do you want me there? I have a big appetite though, so lunch could prove expensive! :wink: :laughing:

a carvery !!! eat all you want !!

I passed through ere today coming south bound, It was clogged up rotten, the northbound traffic was coming in the same tunnel has us going south.

Does anyone know whats going on up there? Are they signs of a bridge being built there?

I noticed alot of big steel tubes in the water and a crane putting more in today, But I havnt a clue whats going on there, prob someone on here does.

cheers

Steve

And yes it is £1.50 and they also give you change if you pul into the layby.

killer100:
I passed through ere today coming south bound, It was clogged up rotten, the northbound traffic was coming in the same tunnel has us going south.

Does anyone know whats going on up there? Are they signs of a bridge being built there?

I noticed alot of big steel tubes in the water and a crane putting more in today, But I havnt a clue whats going on there, prob someone on here does.

cheers

Steve

And yes it is £1.50 and they also give you change if you pul into the layby.

I made it through and back down without any problems at all (must have hit it at just the right time :wink: ) Dunno what’s happening there, I didn’t really pay any attention to the roadworks! I did get screwed out of 50p though! :imp: My own fault for not paying attention! :blush:

The poles are to stop them escaping by submarine !!!

killer100:

:confused: the tunnel only has two lanes, one each way one north and one south :wink:

Tyne Tunnel is only 2 lanes, but they are starting on a New Tunnel shortly to run alongside the existing one. The Local Tribes were up in arms about it but it’s definitely the cheaper option for a new Crossing as a Bridge would have to be too high and cost a ■■■■ site more.

I cant remember the full details but I think its due to open in around 10 years time and will give 2 lanes in each direction. :wink:

:open_mouth: did,nt know they checked fifth wheel, every time i went through just asked if had any hazardos on and waved you on :unamused: