Tyne Tunnel

englishtruckerinspain:
:shock: did,nt know they checked fifth wheel, every time i went through just asked if had any hazardos on and waved you on :unamused:

No-one checked my 5th wheel, just looked at the wagon and waved me through! :smiley:

Argh right I thought it was like the dartford crossing 2 tunnels lol, Ill keep my gob shut in future

englishtruckerinspain:
:shock: did,nt know they checked fifth wheel, every time i went through just asked if had any hazardos on and waved you on :unamused:

If you arrive at the checkpoint with hazardous, you have to physically get out out and check the pin like a naughty schoolboy :stuck_out_tongue:

They have closed some of the roads in that area for the new tunnel from what I have seen it is supposed to open in 2010

Will try and find out more

Hey Shrek, what you doing in our neck of the woods? What were you picking up/dropping in Whitley Bay? Would have bought you a coffee but I was in Sheerness, Thursday morning having to wheelstrap (4 per car, :imp: ) for Humberside. Saw one of yours on the 180 this morning heading east.

The new Tyne Tunnel is going to be a tube, sunk into a trench in the river as opposed to the original which was tunnelled underneath. I presume they will pump the water out before letting traffic through. :smiley:

bowserman:
Hey Shrek, what you doing in our neck of the woods? What were you picking up/dropping in Whitley Bay? Would have bought you a coffee but I was in Sheerness, Thursday morning having to wheelstrap (4 per car, :imp: ) for Humberside.

Nightmare!

bowserman:
Saw one of yours on the 180 this morning heading east.

Not me mate…been in S. Yorks/Notts all day today

bowserman:
The new Tyne Tunnel is going to be a tube, sunk into a trench in the river as opposed to the original which was tunnelled underneath. I presume they will pump the water out before letting traffic through. :smiley:

I’ll roll the windows up…it’ll be reet! LOL

I was waving at all the VM trucks, but didn’t see you!

Also, take care if you are tight on 16ft as they will close the tunnel and turn you around. Always happening to me. :blush:

:smiley: sometimes the kind people will ask if you have checked your height, oh and its like a bus, have the correct money ready, and sometimes the coins dont drop correctly and fail to register,(buggers) i,ve often wondered if the left over holiday money would work ?
an wadya mean like, we difnt tark reet, sum foke dint heer us reet, thats the
problem thunose. :sunglasses: