Tyne Tees Run 2012

Just a reminder, I know there are lots of things going on this weekend for the Diamond Jubilee, but dont forget the annual T/Tees Run from Stockton to South Shields. Loads of nostalgia for those of us of a certain age. Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (Sunday)

hi ya ,Kev what time will they leave Stockton, are you doing the full run, bumper

bumper:
hi ya ,Kev what time will they leave Stockton, are you doing the full run, bumper

Jim, I am doing the full run, George Newton (Son of Bacon Neck) will be riding shotgun. I wiil be leaving Stockton about 0900ish, I will ring your mobile when I am ready to leave. Will you be in your spot at Lambton, or are you going to the halfway halt at Chester le Street? regards Kev.

I wont be able to make it for the run, My Grandaughter has just got married abroad, & Sunday is the family getogether, which begins at 1.00.Oclock, there is a live band & the venue is the Matfen Brewery so it will be a great day to say the least, Regards Larry, PS. Kev will you need a Satnav to get you back to Shields Eh. Now that you are retired you might need some help./// Ha Ha, Have a nice day.

Will try to get along will have to see what we are doing

So what time at South Shields

Will hope to be there my mate John Gornall of Spennymoor will i hope will have his old trucks to show.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I wont be able to make it for the run, My Grandaughter has just got married abroad, & Sunday is the family getogether, which begins at 1.00.Oclock, there is a live band & the venue is the Matfen Brewery so it will be a great day to say the least, Regards Larry, PS. Kev will you need a Satnav to get you back to Shields Eh. Now that you are retired you might need some help./// Ha Ha, Have a nice day.

Ex retired Larry, I have just taken a full time job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:. As for the pratnav Larry I think I might manage without it. There’s nowhere to plug it in so I will just have to struggle. Ps I think the MGW 981L knows the way better than I do. Regards Kev, enjoy the party.

Well done Kev, Im sure you will enjoy being back to graft, Regards Larry.

Kev, what route do you take on the run back To South Shields ?, Regards Larry.

are you going down portrack laneâ– â– ?

and about what timeâ– â– ?

Lawrence Dunbar:
Kev, what route do you take on the run back To South Shields ?, Regards Larry.

Stockton, Sedgefield, thru 7.5t limit A177 thru 7.5t limit at Coxhoe to Durham, again thru 7.5t limit to A167 to Chester le St, (half way halt at civic centre and meet Harry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ) Then thru Lambton, Shiney Row, Penshaw and into Sunderland to the harbour at Monkwearmouth, turn left and follow the coast thru Roker, Whitburn, Marsden, into Bents Park at South Shields, (opp. the fairground). regards Kev.

sad stiller:
are you going down portrack laneâ– â– ?

and about what timeâ– â– ?

No, we only cross Portrack Lane on the way to the A177. Why dont you come to the Riverside near the southside of the Barrage? 0900 onwards.
(Just along from the University) Regards Kev.

Hi,a small selection of photos taken today of the tyne tees run, bumper

19VPP #0.jpg

66LSF #1.jpg

CBL872 #.jpg

EYG285 #.jpg

DYS319 #.jpg

MGW981L #0.jpg

SPT251 #.jpg

had a great day out 2 day riding shot gun with kevin,went back 2 the seventies with the sound & the smell of a â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  engine working hard on the hills (used 2 remember living the dream with old bacon neck in the school holidays)
thanks kevin & iain

son of bacon neck:
had a great day out 2 day riding shot gun with kevin,went back 2 the seventies with the sound & the smell of a â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  engine working hard on the hills (used 2 remember living the dream with old bacon neck in the school holidays)
thanks kevin & iain

Your right it was a good day out George, here’s a couple of shots I took today.

Heres a couple more of todays shots. (Plenty more for tomorrow)

Pleased that you enjoyed yourself George. Thanks for the help yesterday. Iain

That Scammel is a handsome bit of kit.

Great pics Kev.Good to see you and Harry looking keen. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.