Two mins over time?

hi ,i went two minutes over my driving time yesterday ,could not find a safe place to stop ,done a printout ,should i write on the back of it explaining what happened ,or not ,never went over before :blush:

do 2 copies one for you to keep for 28 days and one for the office, write on the back of both the explanation to the infringement, to be honest vosa will not be interested in 2 minute over as long as you do the printouts, they want to see the fact you know you have gone over and were not trying to hide it, also in their guidelines it says they are allowed to give a 15 minutes over run as long as it is not a regular occurrence, before issuing a fixed penalty notice but it is down to the individual officer.
personally if I was issued one for that amount of time I would appeal it :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

As above. If you keep a diary staple your copy to that page…

To be honest I would do nothing if I worked for a company that was so uptight that going 2 mins over would be an issue I would be looking for another job, none of the roadside authorities will be interested in 2 mins over drive time. Plus if it is on a first generation digi chances are you haven’t gone over your time at all

Kiss the wife and kids goodbye, then hand yourself into your local police station.

If I were you, I’d put some soap on a rope too, you don’t want to be bending over.

Good luck

mazzer:
To be honest I would do nothing if I worked for a company that was so uptight that going 2 mins over would be an issue I would be looking for another job, none of the roadside authorities will be interested in 2 mins over drive time. Plus if it is on a first generation digi chances are you haven’t gone over your time at all

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cant believe people are worried about going over by 2 mins!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Is this really the state of road haulage that we are trembling at the thought of going over time by 2 mins?
Forget about it, life is too short to be worrying about going over by 2 mins for â– â– â– â– â–  sake :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I went one minute over my driving time on a 1st generation tacho the other day. I went out and bought some soap on a rope and the biggest tub of Vaseline I could find for when the mighty VOSA strike me down and have me jailed for being such a terrible danger and risking the lives of society.

Just kidding I ignored it, the chances if VOSA taking an interest in it are slimmer than Kate Moss’ waistline.

wildfire:
do 2 copies one for you to keep for 28 days and one for the office, write on the back of both the explanation to the infringement, to be honest vosa will not be interested in 2 minute over as long as you do the printouts, they want to see the fact you know you have gone over and were not trying to hide it, also in their guidelines it says they are allowed to give a 15 minutes over run as long as it is not a regular occurrence, before issuing a fixed penalty notice but it is down to the individual officer.
personally if I was issued one for that amount of time I would appeal it :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Just a question this 28 day thing, does this mean vosa only have 28 days to issue you a ticket from the date you got the infringement? I’m asking this because I thought cards only held 28 days of data, only to my surprise that when I invested in a card reader fob, my data actually went all the way back to September and that’s doing a 5 and 6 day week virtually every week since September.

VOSA usually restrict any past non compliances to the past 6 months

Would they be interested in a one-off 2 minutes over-run = nope

It is tea and biscuits with the Traffic Commisioner Beverly Bell.
Arrange the taxi home,as the licence will be gone for one minute over.
For two minutes you get sent to Afghanistan.One way ticket. :smiley:

NewLad:
Kiss the wife and kids goodbye, then hand yourself into your local police station.

If I were you, I’d put some soap on a rope too, you don’t want to be bending over.

Good luck

:lol::lol::lol:

Blimey, my sympathies,its gonna be a real stressful 6 months for you everytime you pass a VOSA car…I dont even do a printout for 1/2 minutes, not worth the paper

If you work for a company that’s a bit strict write an explanation on the printout, if you work for a company that are a bit lenient forget it.

As far as I’m aware VOSA won’t be interested in anything past 28 days unless it’s something really serious.

Bulgarian driver got fined 2000 Euros for two minutes over by our nice cousins in Pais Vasco.
He told them he was broken down and only moved out of the way.
The offences stay on the tachohead for a year.
So if go abroad,pack the American Express card.

I was recently in the same situation, told my transport manager. He told me that you are actually allowed 9 mins, and this allowance is to find a safe or designated place to park up. He took note of reg number, time and my name, then said - have a good night, see you in the morning. But I do think the absolute max is 9 mins over, maybe an instructor could clarify for us

Maccie:
I was recently in the same situation, told my transport manager. He told me that you are actually allowed 9 mins, and this allowance is to find a safe or designated place to park up. He took note of reg number, time and my name, then said - have a good night, see you in the morning. But I do think the absolute max is 9 mins over, maybe an instructor could clarify for us

There is no regulation that gives a driver 9 minutes to find somewhere to park up, the rule is that if you get held up because of unforeseen circumstances you can continue to drive for as long as it takes to find a suitable parking place.

tachograph:

Maccie:

There is no regulation that gives a driver 9 minutes to find somewhere to park up, the rule is that if you get held up because of unforeseen circumstances you can continue to drive for as long as it takes to find a suitable parking place.

^^ THIS. And, on a 1st generation digi, I’ve been over an hour over - QEII bridge shut for whatever reason, Dartford tunnels turned into 2 way, rush hour, lots of stop starting clocking up the minutes, I was that bothered by it that I binged a burger in the microwave and made a coffee.

tachograph:

Maccie:

So the regulation is - it’s as long as it takes you to find a suitable place to stop?? Good info - really I dont think my company bother as long as it was genuine, and not a regular occurrence.
Thanks, new fact learned today :slight_smile:

waynedl:

tachograph:

Maccie:

^^ THIS. And, on a 1st generation digi, I’ve been over an hour over - QEII bridge shut for whatever reason, Dartford tunnels turned into 2 way, rush hour, lots of stop starting clocking up the minutes, I was that bothered by it that I binged a burger in the microwave and made a coffee.

So what applies now? As long as it takes or is there a time limit?

Maccie:

waynedl:

tachograph:

Maccie:

So what applies now? As long as it takes or is there a time limit?

Depends on where you are and your load.

I had a high value load on and was on the M25, so I had as long as it takes to find a safe AND secure ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Had I been empty, I’d only have had long enough to find somewhere safe.

They don’t expect you to stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway for example, and who knows how long it will take to get somewhere safe?

I believe in Europe they’re a bit more strict - even on infringements you’ve committed over here?