Tut tut tut....

Who’s a naughty boy then?

I’ll tell you who, Wire, that’s who :laughing:

Got himself a little speeding ticket, 21mph over the limit, the limit he exceeded is 65mph in Montana too, that’s 86mph for those of you who have a speedo that doesn’t go that far :open_mouth:

Giddy up :laughing: :laughing:

Damm !
Did they lock him up ? The do here if you are more than 15 over. Not a nice experience and not good on the CSA records :cry:

It’s a bit more relaxed out West Pat, he got a $85 ticket and that was that, not even a lecture to go with it :laughing:

newmercman:
It’s a bit more relaxed out West Pat, he got a $85 ticket and that was that, not even a lecture to go with it :laughing:

MT never used to have speed limits :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

newmercman:

MT never used to have speed limits :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know, the Government threatened to stop the money to the state until they set limits, only in America… :laughing:

I think it’s funny how people get speeding tickets in west Texas or Utah where they have an 80mph limit, they always allow 10mph over the top and yet they still write tickets, that’s some seriously big speeds, especially in a lorry :laughing:

Heard a bloke on a radio show saying his ambition was to get a speeding ticket for doing over a ton, loaded going uphill, he was a bull hauler of course :laughing: & had a C18 CAT that put over 1000hp to the tarmac, so he was serious about it :sunglasses:

Wasn’t carryfast was it? He seems to think its all hit the gate at 98 good buddy and all that crap over there.

kr79:
Wasn’t carryfast was it? He seems to think its all hit the gate at 98 good buddy and all that crap over there.

Unfortunately no it wasn’t me.But you can bet that if it was I’d have been overtaking him with the only wagon that anyone ever found a way of fitting one of these in. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmL4ZiXSVZc

I’m obviously not the only one with the idea either so I’m probably not far wrong about them being power crazed maniacs over there so I’d have fitted in perfectly. :wink: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=areU_-yew4A

Now that is an engine Carryfast, it has a nice bark to it :sunglasses:

newmercman:
Now that is an engine Carryfast, it has a nice bark to it :sunglasses:

If the non turbo 16V71 was anything to go by it would have one hell of a bite too. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Even better Obama probably wouldn’t be happy about something like that storming along his highways at all. :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Yep. That was me unfortunately. I can’t really deny it now.
I have got to give respect to Montana law and the highway patrol officer who stopped me. No condescending attitude or anything. Just an $85 ticket and a quick license, logbook check, etc then on my way again.
For doing 86mph in an 18 wheeler I thought that was very fair indeed. Maybe he understood that you need to get a good run up for the hills when your powered by a Paccar MX. Lol.
Afterwards I was wondering if anyone has been stopped for driving a HGV in the UK as fast and what the penalty was?

wire:
I have got to give respect to Montana law No condescending attitude or anything. Just an $85 ticket and a quick license, logbook check, etc then on my way again.
For doing 86mph in an 18 wheeler I thought that was very fair indeed. Maybe he understood that you need to get a good run up for the hills when your powered by a Paccar MX. Lol.
Afterwards I was wondering if anyone has been stopped for driving a HGV in the UK as fast and what the penalty was?

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you mean in recent times since limiters were introduced you can bet that it would probably involve a long term ban to start with and then VOSA would start asking questions about the limiter calibration or even existence.

It’s anyone’s guess what the fine would be.It would definitely make front page,or at least second page,news in the national newspapers and questions would be raised in parlaiment about the lack of law enforcement blah blah,with hysterical complaints by all the usual suspects like brake,the greens and some of the anti speed lobby on here probably,etc etc etc etc etc. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

But you can bet that the idea,that you were just trying to get an 86 mph run at Loughborough hill,because it’s a ‘gutless’ MX powered heap,wouldn’t have worked as a defence on the M1. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wire:
I have got to give respect to Montana law and the highway patrol officer who stopped me. No condescending attitude or anything. Just an $85 ticket and a quick license, logbook check, etc then on my way again.

dont hold back drive could’ve put your foot down lol

Lol.Lol. Good job he got me before I got her properly wound up or I might of been in trouble.

on the same vein o things… i thought i would see what the young boys truck Mack vision, would do .(as mine no back on rd till the morn ).welll hes always having brecky at lowe farm…coffee at morris etc and still makes me look like a kerb crawler :wink: :wink: .lol…
OMFG…at 6am yesterday had her up to 140kmph…still way more to go…
chickened out an backed it down as i mind putting 4 recuts on trailer :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :bulb:
seems it was originally a ND owner ops truck ,475 but opened up by Mack…
jimmy. :unamused:

86 mph! :smiley: Respect! :sunglasses:
However, wouldn’t have wanted to have to stop in a hurry! :open_mouth:

86 mph! Respect!
However, wouldn’t have wanted to have to stop in a hurry!

Yeah, I hear what your saying buddy but to be fair anyone who knows Montana will tell you that it’s unlikely a reason to stop suddenly would occur. The roads kind of look like this.

Saying that, it is always better to strictly observe the speed limit in the small towns as here there can be all kinds of surprises!

If ever people wonder why we came here that first pic says it all,freakin traffic on the M6 just can’t compete!

flat to the mat:
If ever people wonder why we came here that first pic says it all,freakin traffic on the M6 just can’t compete!

You don’t always have to go as far as North America to find a bit of clear road and some mountains though but they might get a bit upset about the running at 86 mph with an artic. :open_mouth: :laughing:

But a car isn’t as noticeable. :smiling_imp: :wink:

maps.google.com/?ieUTF8&ll46.240 … 8,0,10.81

You don’t always have to go as far as North America to find a bit of clear road and some mountains though but they might get a bit upset about the running at 86 mph with an artic.

But a car isn’t as noticeable.

maps.google.com/?ieUTF8&ll46.240 … 8,0,10.81

I bet you don’t have to avoid hitting beasts like these in Switzerland though, Carryfast. Lol.
Pictures taken on US 191, Montana a couple of years ago.