turners of soham

they have loads of jobs on their careers page including box jockey out of manchester and european driver on powder tanks out of castleford.

anybody on for them.

No but I’ve applied for the boxes out of Manchester

Turners of Poland also run boxes out of BIFT and Felixstowe

C-Kay is on for them out of the Soham depot

Some of the posts I’ve seen on here, you need to be able to do Polish. to be in with any chance of a start. :cry:

altitude:
Some of the posts I’ve seen on here, you need to be able to do Polish. to be in with any chance of a start. :cry:

I once polished the inside of my cab, does that count?

waynedl:

altitude:

I once polished the inside of my cab, does that count?

Just about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
Turners of Poland also run boxes out of BIFT and Felixstowe

C-Kay is on for them out of the Soham depot

I’m not, i run out of Arla Foods, Hatfield Peveral :wink: I’ve been to the Soham depot once in 2 years :laughing:

i was at a tossco RDC yesterday at DIRFT and there was a young polish guy early twenties easily and he was in a fowler welch artic,didnt know they were using foreign drivers… :unamused:

mark41:
i was at a tossco RDC yesterday at DIRFT and there was a young polish guy early twenties easily and he was in a fowler welch artic,didnt know they were using foreign drivers… :unamused:

YOU ARE JOKING aren’t you?

Not just drivers, the place is riddled with foreigners. Not suprised though, the wages they pay and the way they treat you / speak to you.

Maybe the language barrier in that particular case is a god send.

jessicas dad:
they have loads of jobs on their careers page including box jockey out of manchester and european driver on powder tanks out of castleford.

anybody on for them.

Alex on for Turners?! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

waynedl:

mark41:

Not just drivers, the place is riddled with foreigners. Not suprised though, the wages they pay and the way they treat you / speak to you.

well it was my first day on the job… :laughing: and im sure i will learn more as time goes by… :wink:

waynedl:

mark41:

I’m in most fowler welch depots and the one which you refer to is Spalding i presume??
When I’m in there the language barrier isn’t an issue,also when speaking to the office bods either by phone or face to face they have been more than polite and helpful,never had a problem in there or the other depots that i have been too,which is all of them.

Thetaff:

waynedl:

mark41:

I’m in most fowler welch depots and the one which you refer to is Spalding i presume??
When I’m in there the language barrier isn’t an issue,also when speaking to the office bods either by phone or face to face they have been more than polite and helpful,never had a problem in there or the other depots that i have been too,which is all of them.

Stockport / Cheadle mate.

Oh right,thats the ambient one??

I pull a reefer so thats one I aint done :blush: :laughing:

Thetaff:

Charming bunch - only the office mind, the warehouse staff are great, except for 1 who thought I was gonna get in a container with a pump truck… >LOL> No, my lappy’s on mate and I don’t want the battery to die :laughing:

But, it’s the drivers that are mostly foreign, and all the women in the offices seem to be too, but the male office staff seem to be english, but got kicked out of the bed on the wrong side by the foreign office birds.

I’ve applied out of worksop, powder tanker

waynedl:

Thetaff:

Charming bunch - only the office mind, the warehouse staff are great, except for 1 who thought I was gonna get in a container with a pump truck… >LOL> No, my lappy’s on mate and I don’t want the battery to die :laughing:

But, it’s the drivers that are mostly foreign, and all the women in the offices seem to be too, but the male office staff seem to be english, but got kicked out of the bed on the wrong side by the foreign office birds.

theres no rock ‘n’ rolls on the european side!

mark41:

Lots of foreign drivers at Fowler Welch… their transport office has all the notices in English and Polish!

I’m at FW in Spalding a couple or three times a week, and it’s correct that a lot of the office staff are foreign, but I’m sure that’s because there are so many foreign drivers. There’s a lot of foreign forkies as well…

To be honest, they’re normally super fast at getting stuff off… Many’s the time I’ve backed onto a bay, given my paperwork in , got a gate pass and by the time I’m back at the truck, the green light’s on. Generally speaking the atmosphere is pretty good, although there’s an old [zb] on the gate that works slower that snot sliding off a blanket!

Turners at Exning, in contrast and a bunch of tossers IMO. The forkies are mostly, all local, lazy, belligerent [zb’s] who think they’re doing you a favour by tipping you. The place is badly organised and filthy. Oh yeah, and like others have said, if you speak Polish, you might have an advantage… Their equipment (at Exning) doesn’t look very well cared for, but I have seen some excellent Turners equipment.

Of the two, I’d prefer to work for Fowlers than Turners… but then I hate working where everyone hates everyone else! Life’s too short!

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

anybody on for them.

Alex on for Turners?! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no ive gone ltd company on the agency again, just curious thats all.