Turkey shortage

I had this convo with someone yesterday.
I’m waiting on the breaking BBC news and then getting took around every Tesco in the country to empty turkey shelves every where and every one in the country has already bought one.
I’m going for the 5th of December and there won’t be a turkey left anywere.

Thats ok its the worst tasting meat going. I’d much rather a duck or failing that a joint of beef.

I`m not a big lover of turkey meat.
We usually have a biggish lunch with two or three meat types.
Always look forward to cold pork slices, with pickles on Boxing Day. What could possibly go wrong with that…

Never have…

Turkey at all. This year will be a leg of lamb and last year was a rib of beef.

Themoocher:
I had this convo with someone yesterday.
I’m waiting on the breaking BBC news and then getting took around every Tesco in the country to empty turkey shelves every where and every one in the country has already bought one.
I’m going for the 5th of December and there won’t be a turkey left anywere.

Don’t worry. Paypal me and i will post you one from Poland.

I prefer chicken at Christmas anyway,.so I ain’t bothered tbh. :neutral_face:

robroy:

Nobody was offering you one …Meoowww x

robroy:

Your favourite pub ?
The Fox And Grapes ?

Traditionally on Christmas Day I have a fish finger sandwich, it’s my little way of saying “■■■■■■■■ to Christmas”. If I did do a roast meal then it would be lamb. My personal thoughts are that if turkey was any good then people would eat it all year round and there would be fast food shops in every High Street selling turkey burgers and/or turkey kebabs etc to eager punters.

Not really funny for some people a food shortage , my wife has coeliac disease , so she needs gluten free food , we’ve never had a issue with supply previously though there was a limited choice , now it’s getting difficult , having to travel farther , managed to finally get the food she required from Tesco at Melton Mowbray today
I queried this with a store manager who said it was supply chain issues caused by a shortage of hgv drivers .

> Harry Monk:
> My personal thoughts are that if turkey was any good then people would eat it all year round and there would be fast food shops in every High Street selling turkey burgers and/or turkey kebabs etc to eager punters.

Exactly, if that was the case MSAs would have Kentucky F**cked Turkey outlets - although looking on the bright side there could be a bit more meat between the Batter & The Bones if that was the case. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I prefer turkey to chicken.

I figured it was a production thing as to why it isn’t available all year.

We normally visit family for Christmas so we eat whatever they’ve prepared! :smiley:

It’ll be chorizo and sangria for my Xmas dinner, followed by a few cold San Migels by the poolside

I’ll have a mooch around the coldstore closer to the date but it’ll probably be turkey (as we have the contract) followed by pizza, part baked baguette, some wierd meat substitute and ice cream :wink:

I was never bothered by Turkey and couldn’t understand the rage for it. Then a few years ago work gave us a Kelly Bronze turkey as a Christmas bonus.

I figured that I may as well get have some and can honestly say I was amazed how good it was, I’m not sure it it was worth the high prices that they charge for them but it was in a different league to every other turkey I’d eaten or decided not too.

Local butchers abattoir for me,mine is ordered already,no frozen imported turkey in our place

I know this is starting to sound like ‘Mumsnet’ :blush: :smiley: …but does anybody else have bread sauce with their turkey or chicken Christmas dinner?
I could eat that stuff on it’s own, …not the crap you buy in packets but real homemade stuff that my Mrs makes.
She also makes her own cranberry sauce, much better than the jarred stuff,.and not forgetting apple sauce…again home made from scratch.

dozy:
I queried this with a store manager who said it was supply chain issues caused by a shortage of hgv drivers .

Yeah, nothing to do with the suppliers lorries being sat in their RDC 3,4,5hrs waiting to get on a loading bay. Did you point that out to them because I sure as hell would have.

Conor:

dozy:

Yeah, nothing to do with the suppliers lorries being sat in their RDC 3,4,5hrs waiting to get on a loading bay. Did you point that out to them because I sure as hell would have.

Especially as how doze has fell victim to this ■■■■■■■■ himself many times, when you read his past posts, you would have thought he’d be the first to jump in.
I would have not been able to resist.

dozy:

Obviously no ‘shortage of hgv drivers’ moving meat products for export.The producers actually want to ship out even more of our food supplies.

statista.com/statistics/3163 … ingdom-uk/

thepigsite.com/news/2021/05/ … an-markets

Turkey and beef are my favourite meat.Don’t like lamb which is mostly mutton anyway.
I’ve also found that most of what’s being sold is all obviously previously frozen.Probably as part of the logistics operation for the food supply sell out to our new masters in ‘developing countries’ to go with the fuel.
I probably won’t bother I’m not paying fresh food price for a frozen turkey even if they’ve got one that hasn’t been exported.