Tunnel

I can report that the tunnel is a complete mess yet again. Arrived at 03.13 uk time now 05.30 and still waiting in the lanes.
Back to ferries until they sort the current mess me thinks.

On board at 06.14. Kin- useless.

Any reason given for the delay? Is it that frost condensation thing again?

No reason given as far as I know.

curtainsiders were not allowed on the new roofless carriages. after a 4 hour wait they changed the policy and allowed one of ours to board. he had a euroliner on.
i asked him why he went for the train as we always went on the ferry. he said it was to save time. :laughing:

My trucks use the shuttle up to 10 times a day at the moment… getting frustrated in an understatment !!!

One of the trains today had a brake problem and caused chaos and carnage all day.

Eurotunnel - SORT IT OUT !!!

We pay premium rates to use this service and to get across swiftly !!

WhiteWhiteWhite:
My trucks use the shuttle up to 10 times a day at the moment… getting frustrated in an understatment !!!

One of the trains today had a brake problem and caused chaos and carnage all day.

Hey Pete !
That was the “excuse” given to us too ! But as I told Dave , I was at the tunnel at just after 3 this morning & it took 4 hrs. It was frankly chaos. I don’t believe a word they say. There has been a serious lack of investment & now they are reaping the rewards. The kit needs upgrading “badly” !!
I’m on Poole Cherbourg tomorrow & I’m happier with that I can assure you.

turnip:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Hey Pete !
That was the “excuse” given to us too ! But as I told Dave , I was at the tunnel at just after 3 this morning & it took 4 hrs. It was frankly chaos. I don’t believe a word they say. There has been a serious lack of investment & now they are reaping the rewards. The kit needs upgrading “badly” !!

I sent a lad into Dunkerque (coming back from Denmark) to try his luck at 2pm today and jumped straight on a waiting boat… he was chuffed to bits… That stop/start ■■■■■■■■ getting in the Eurotunnel Terminal must get mind numbing for drivers !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:

turnip:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Hey Pete !

I sent a lad into Dunkerque (coming back from Denmark) to try his luck at 2pm today and jumped straight on a waiting boat… he was chuffed to bits… That stop/start [zb] getting in the Eurotunnel Terminal must get mind numbing for drivers !!!

Yup !
And on a digi tacho it eats up driving time very quickly. One of ours loaded Duisburg this morning, usually you can just make the yard on a ten. He fell short by two hours thanks to the tunnel.

And yet again the train has broken down… 4 1/2 hour delays at present !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:

It’s rapidly becoming a joke.

turnip:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Coming around the 25 this morning at 5am the matrix boards were showing freight 3hrs delays on the train, I came straight into Dover and on a ferry in 20mins.

jessicas dad:

turnip:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Coming around the 25 this morning at 5am the matrix boards were showing freight 3hrs delays on the train, I came straight into Dover and on a ferry in 20mins.

Yup one of our lads stuck in it now. They are running a limited capacity for some reason & no one can/will give him a straight answer as why.

So I suppose these delays are only affecting freight, so no headlines and no bad publicity for Euro Tunnel.

When I came out off Calais this morning the queue going in was right back to the motorway and the police were putting lorries into the old hovercraft place.

Arrived at Calais just after lunch and the Q started 1.5kms from the motorway exit, enabling you :slight_smile: to go off and join halfway along the Q…well it’s better than driving all the way down the left lane and thru parking area then join at x-rays…yes Eurotunnel really need to sort it out BIGTIME…

And Again… Busiest time of year and the train out of service. My Eurotunnel Account Manager just had a very irate email with me venting my frustration at there premium service :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

WhiteWhiteWhite:
And Again… Busiest time of year and the train out of service. My Eurotunnel Account Manager just had a very irate email with me venting my frustration at there premium service :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Poole to Cherbourg was fine last night :slight_smile:
Our others coming back have gone Dunkirk.

I seem to remember the Eurotunnel Account Managers are good at avoiding the flack and crap… but these
things should be used when discussing next years rate maybe ?
They are desperate for the volume now so you all should be loking at a nice rate reduction maybe ?
Good Luck

whitewhite, do you remember when the animal activists blocked the ports, and a lady protestor stood in front of a truck and got killed,Peter Gilder chartered his own ship and other livestock hauliers like a Co-op, to get round the blockades, think the port he used was near Brighton way, maybe you could hire a ship and charge other firms to use your ship, it does not have to be The Ritz on board, just a shower and some hot meals will suffice.
What will you name your vessel??
Years ago a trailer only vessel was sailing out of Southampton to Matosinhos port or Leca de Palmeria port in Porto in Portugal, it put a cat among the pigeons and did not last long.