Tunnel

The south coast or Spanish routes are fine it is just the Dover Calais route. This time of year I use 50 shuttle crossings a week, hence to say when the train breaks down it causes me total chaos…

I had a call from a sales director from eurotunnel to apoligise on Friday am after I sent an email to say how frustrated I was with the recent service and my deliveries were late, customers were unhappy, drivers were unhappy and it was effecting my business. Managed to get 2 free return crossings for me and ray with our families out of it, but I do spend a few quid with them anyway.

Fingers crossed this week will be better as I have quite a few drivers in Italy / Spain / Norway / Denmark / Portugal that want to get home for Christmas.

And also a few going out still as I have 9 drivers away in Europe for Christmas.

Happy Christmas !!!

At 1am Eurotunnels website said that in Calais there
was no waiting time pre-check in and then two hours to cross.
I waited one hour pre-check in then three hours to cross.
When I got on the train it was half empty.
There was no explanation or sorry from any of the staff.

PAUL1215

I’m off down there now for an afternoon of queueing ! Website says 1/2 hr pre check in & 2 hrs transit. I’ll let you know the reality later.

Oops

I am down there about 7pm. I am hoping its clear ha ha.

PAUL1215:
I am down there about 7pm. I am hoping its clear ha ha.

No chance. 1hr 35 mins so far, waiting in the lanes.

3 hrs 10 mins ! Not as bad as I expected.

I am waiting on the French side at the moment, it’s blood chaos! This is the worse I have seen it in years !

jimboy124:
I am waiting on the French side at the moment, it’s blood chaos! This is the worse I have seen it in years !

Yeh spotted that on the way out. Think I’ll go Dunkirk home.

turnip:

jimboy124:

Yeh spotted that on the way out. Think I’ll go Dunkirk home.

1 hrs 45 mins and I am not at check in yet

After the recent delays i took the boat mon evening and had a 90min wait in Dover …back to Calais and on the train today = 30mins check in to train…
How it should be…

06.30 this morning French side totally stuffed, turned around straight away & went to boat ! 20 mins waiting & straight on. Result.

I arrived at 00.15 this morning in Calais and got off in Folkestone at 3.15.
One trip to do tonight hope it clear on train. Ha Ha.

PAUL1215

I arrived at 00.15 this morning in Calais and got off in Folkestone at 3.15.
One trip to do tonight hope its clear on train. Ha Ha.

PAUL1215

Got the 0735 boat cos because the train was busy, just tipped Paris now heading for the tunnel! Wish me luck!

Got turned & gotta go back out :open_mouth:
But I’m shipping purfleet. Happy days. It’ll be quiet by Friday night when I come back. I hope.

Heard a story that the roofless carriages ain’t too good for tilts as one blew completely off covering the truck behind it with it,and a taut liner had a pole come loose and hit the power lines above and microwaved the ecu on said truck.

Thetaff2:
Heard a story that the roofless carriages ain’t too good for tilts as one blew completely off covering the truck behind it with it,and a taut liner had a pole come loose and hit the power lines above and microwaved the ecu on said truck.

Oh no wasn’t orys was it?.. :smiley:

GBPub:

Thetaff2:

Oh no wasn’t orys was it?.. :smiley:

One can only hope. :smiley:

Sod the train. Armed with a timetable and planning it right you can hit Calais and be sat on a DFDS boat drinking coffee within the hour. We get a choice of ferry companies and my first choice now is DFDS.