Tuffnells

Opening a new depot at birstall apparently.
Anyone work for them ?

You’ll never overtake the Big Green Parcel Machine! They use a lot of wagon and drags of the A-frame type. Most depots seem to have vacancies. More than that I could not say.

I expect they will go into nightfreights old yard.

When I passed my Class 1 I sent about 10 CVs to various companies in the area, and to my surprise and excitement I received a call back from Tuffnels the next day in the morning asking me to come for an interview the same day.
You can imagine how excited I was.
Unfortunately at the interview the TM told me at the beginning I would be driving transit vans delivering parcels around central London, starting my job at 7am and finishing usually at 6pm.
After some time , I was told, I would progress to driving Class 2 and then Class 1.
The target was to deliver to 60 addresses per day.
Despite me being very eager to take any driving job, I had to reject this offer as I couldn’t see myself being able to deliver to 60 addresses per day.
Pay was 440 or 460 per week, before tax.

hkloss1:
When I passed my Class 1 I sent about 10 CVs to various companies in the area, and to my surprise and excitement I received a call back from Tuffnels the next day in the morning asking me to come for an interview the same day.
You can imagine how excited I was.
Unfortunately at the interview the TM told me at the beginning I would be driving transit vans delivering parcels around central London, starting my job at 7am and finishing usually at 6pm.
After some time , I was told, I would progress to driving Class 2 and then Class 1.
The target was to deliver to 60 addresses per day.
Despite me being very eager to take any driving job, I had to reject this offer as I couldn’t see myself being able to deliver to 60 addresses per day.
Pay was 440 or 460 per week, before tax.

The class one day jobs that are advertised says multi drop, bet that could be a nightmare.id plump for night trunking if I were applying I think the rest would stress me out

They are opening one in blackburn aswell in nightfreights old place at the side of the M65

I used to do multi drop for Tufnells in an artic. It was a horrible job, you were expected to be able to meet impossible delivery targets in tiny little villages and be grateful for the abuse you received when you didn’t. But then that was just my experience at one depot.
They also have a pretty bad safety record, they were fined a little while ago for some bloke getting his head smashed between a truck and a wall. You can say he shouldn’t have stuck his head out of the loading bay but end of the day if Tufnells had kept their kit up to date and bothered to put in safety measures he wouldn’t have been able to.

I wonder if its the old Atlas Express yard on pennine way

I worked for Tufnell’s once never again c+e
the phone never stopped ringing
and tried to run you ragged all day long
how Tufnell’s keep there o licence is a mystery
and they have some proper crappie motors
snot green colour. :grimacing:
I would use Tufnell as a learning curve
and trying to get a pad lock to secure to load was like trying to getting blood out of a stone.

Depot in Westbury Wiltshire.All their skips on wheels look like they have served 20 tours of Iraq/Afghanistan for target practice.
Their standard of driving would make Mr Magoo a F 1 driver on acid.
It is get out of my way,i aint stopping.
Vehicles have bumps,knocks,scratches and markings from abuse and no care in the job.

Vehicles have bumps,knocks,scratches and markings from abuse and no care in the job.

Rubbish! They are ‘people who care’! :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
Their standard of driving would make Mr Magoo a F 1 driver on acid.
It is get out of my way,i aint stopping.

Explains a lot, I can’t stand Tuffnel drivers, guess why…

They have a depot in Perth ,they advertise a LOT ,looks like a good wage a noob could use it for a stepping stone.I dont see how its possible to do 60-80 drops per day.

It’s get out of my way,i aint stopping
I got more drops then Santa to do.

alamcculloch:
They have a depot in Perth ,they advertise a LOT ,looks like a good wage a noob could use it for a stepping stone.I dont see how its possible to do 60-80 drops per day.

With a van you can.

It wont be a van they will expect you to do multi drop using trailer

My ex boss shared a yard with Toughnails.I would leave my car there for a few weeks while on Euro work.Came back to the car.All the wipers were broken or swapped with wipers from another car.Car body damage.
I said the Police will view the cctv.Turns out to be not working.The drivers are tramps and scruffy urchins that give trucking a bad name.How do they keep O licences,in Paul Daniels name.?

yorkshire terrier:
The class one day jobs that are advertised says multi drop, bet that could be a nightmare.id plump for night trunking if I were applying I think the rest would stress me out

I agree. Heavy multi-drop is OK in a van or even a rigid, but balls to doing parcel work in an artic - especially if your being hounded on the phone all day.

If I am going to be doing stressful work I make sure I am in a rigid/7.5/van. Artics are for the easier stuff, unless I am on considerably more money which usually isn’t the case.

Tuffnel drivers round my neck of the woods must be pushed to get the work done. They fly around in there 7.5 like a bunch of ■■■■■■ mainly dafs that aren’t that old but beat to ■■■■. I’m fancying a change but if multi drop work means I gotta fly around like that all day ill think of something else I think.

I see they are looking for a Class 1 Night Trunker from their Lee Mill Depot ( Plymouth ) pay at £450 per week , Monday to Friday , from what i see of them the kit is crap and well bashed