TTGuard

Does anyone use this app.? I used it for the first time last night and I can’t find any way of of making amendments,(it does let you delete the last entry but that’s pretty much a useless feature unless you can go back in time) so if I select the wrong mode or simply forget to press drive I have to delete everything and start again ! Surely this isn’t correct. I also think it needs some kind of shift breakdown, maybe something similar to a digi printout, without these features it’s pretty much a waste of money !! :unamused:

Any advice would be great, cheers :smiley:

Oh and theres no need for the advice “should have saved your money” Ive already worked that out for myself :laughing:

nope. dig tacho+notepad = everything adds up :slight_smile: dont rush about you never get any where faster driving trucks

ST3:
nope. dig tacho+notepad = everything adds up :slight_smile: dont rush about you never get any where faster driving trucks

I use a notepad every shift, I thought I would try this alongside it, but it seems very poor to be honest, and the only time I rush is after I’ve clocked off :laughing: or maybe if I want an early finish :wink:

I use this app everyday. Only because I am on analogue and it makes it a bit easier.

You can’t amend anything but you can export the data to your email and have a breakdown of start/finish times, duty time, driving, poa & otherwork.

At first I used to forget to hit drive etc but I just got into the routine of doing it now

So if you make one mistake then any information on there is useless ? :unamused:

Sounds good, oh well you know the old saying, “a fool and his money…”

If anyone is thinking of buying this App. then consider buying a pencil (with eraser on the end) and a notepad and maybe a Yorkie (other chocolate bars are available)or two with your change !! :laughing:

I use truck timer on android phone, super app, yes you can ammend and edit.

But then I’d have to have an inferior phone !! :wink: :grimacing:

Can’t understand why an editing function has been omitted, pretty useless without it :unamused:

Darb:
But then I’d have to have an inferior phone !! :wink: :grimacing:

Can’t understand why an editing function has been omitted, pretty useless without it :unamused:

Matter of opinion:D

what’s a TTguard?
what the [zb] has an app got to do with a tachograph?
is it an alternative to a magnet?

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

Just a timer app mate.

Your records aren’t useless if you make a mistake. The app is just an aid, nothing more.

If I pull off and Leave it on o/w for say 15 minutes before I realise. I just leave it on drive while I’m stopped at my next drop to even it out.

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

It’s similar to a magnet phil, but you don’t have to get out of the cab to put it on, you just use the app on your phone and it does it remotely, it sounds like the guys are just having problems editing it after if they forget to change the mode, similar to forgetting to put on or take off the magnet.

LR18-8:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

If I pull off and Leave it on o/w for say 15 minutes before I realise. I just leave it on drive while I’m stopped at my next drop to even it out.

So I’ve paid a fiver for another stopwatch then :unamused:

Darb:

LR18-8:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

So I’ve paid a fiver for another stopwatch then :unamused:

I’ve never seen a stopwatch that …

records your drive, o/w &poa.

Provides you with weekly and fortnightly drive figures.

Provides information on when weekly rests must start.

Alerts you to when minimum rest has been taken.

… Then exports info to your email to help you fill your time sheet in for example.

It’s only a fiver not exactly breaking the bank. If you didn’t need anything to aid you with recording your activity why did you buy it in the first place?

It only does all that if you never make a single mistake, once you do everything else is incorrect, surely you understand that ? :unamused:

I thought it would be a useful tool to work alongside my current method, but it isn’t any good it it’s not fit for purpose. :smiley:

And yeah a fiver won’t break the bank but it’ll buy a few Yorkies :laughing:

Darb:
And yeah a fiver won’t break the bank but it’ll buy a few Yorkies :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It personally works fine for me. Worth the £5 in my opinion.

ibson:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

It’s similar to a magnet phil, but you don’t have to get out of the cab to put it on, you just use the app on your phone and it does it remotely, it sounds like the guys are just having problems editing it after if they forget to change the mode, similar to forgetting to put on or take off the magnet.

so it’s like an electromagnet with bluetooth? :laughing:

limeyphil:

ibson:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

Bluetooth ■■? That’s sooo 2008, it’s all about the personal Wi-Fi hotspot !! :laughing:

limeyphil:

ibson:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

Yes you’ve got it! Maybe you will consider upgrading yours? :stuck_out_tongue:

ibson:

limeyphil:

ibson:

limeyphil:
what’s a TTguard?

Yes you’ve got it! Maybe you will consider upgrading yours? :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll phone orange. :laughing:

Hi All,

I am creator of TTGuard. I would like to explain a bit about not being able to amend anything in the app.

If you are on a digital or manual tachograph I believe you cannot amend anything. I guess it is even illegal to do it. So, in short that was the reason why we did not want to allow any manual entries. The only thing we did allow is to cancel the last selected action. We thought that if you made a mistake you would realise it straight away, hence that option.

However, if you guys think that it would be useful to have an option to amend entries then we can consider it. Please send us your opinions through our website http://bitmelter.com.

By the way, we are working on an upgrade to TTGuard. First of all we are focusing on a split break as the app is a little bit to strict with the way it handles it at the moment. And another feature that will be new to the app will improve safety in a way you use it, so please stay tuned :wink:.

P.S. GPS feature will be added too as many asked for it.

Regards,

Andrzej