Truss Resigns

13hr 34.
Truss has announced she has seen the King, and has resigned as leader of the Tories.

Bloodeh loveleh :laughing:

One way to try to avoid PMQs I s`pose?

You should be overjoyed Franglais, the new PM will be another remainer and they’ll get rid of any dodgy brexiteers still clinging on to minsterial positions.

We’ll be back in the fold we never actually left.

Just need a general election now

I feel sorry for her.
She came in had ideas had that mini budget than had to do a u turn.
She should stuck by her decision see if it would or worked or not.
She.was in charge of the country.
But makes you wonder who really is running the country.

Lookat arsenal football club . When arteta took over all wanted him out. Yet look at them.now soon changed there mind.
She hasn’t been given a chance to be proved right or wrong that her ideas would work
I genuinely feel for her

Hope a politician who voted for Brexit from the right wing of the party gets the job. Get shut of the remoaners out of the cabinet, respect the decision to leave the EU made by the majority of voters and for Gods sake get on with it.

Juddian:
You should be overjoyed Franglais, the new PM will be another remainer and they’ll get rid of any dodgy brexiteers still clinging on to minsterial positions.

We’ll be back in the fold we never actually left.

If Armando Ianucci had written this script I would be splitting my sides laughing at the absurdity of it.
The past few years have been a joke, but not a very funny one.

I think it was a serious mistake for us to leave the EU. (No surprise to many Im sure :smiley: ) I cant see any leader, of any party, with any past history, even talking of rejoining for many years.

No, not overjoyed at what is yet another setback to the UK as a whole.
Daresay the markets will show no mercy (some irony there when the market stell free marketeers they are idiots) and the UK will go down in the view of the world at large as wavering swerving basket case.
Never mind our “image”, who would invest in the future of an unstable country?

Not surprised.
Not over-joyed.
Not laughing.

November the 5th is not far away. Who’s up for another proper go at getting rid of the lot of them?

No, its not a laughing matter. The situation is akin to having a new captain on the Titanic after it hit the ice berg. We need to be able to show the rest of the world that we are a stable first world country.

As said in the news, apart from the email sent from her personal account, Braverman, (a staunch Brexiteer) no longer has a job because Truss, (a remoaner) wanted Braverman to relax immigration rules to allow MORE mass immigration to get the economy out of the mess it’s in. Utterly shambolic.

alamcculloch:
No, its not a laughing matter. The situation is akin to having a new captain on the Titanic after it hit the ice berg. We need to be able to show the rest of the world that we are a stable first world country.

But are we?

to the tune of fools and horses…
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=42 … 7154985525

for those that cant see face ache

no income tax, no vat
no flipping clue on currency
back or white rich or poor
she will have bailiffs at your door

god bless nippy street
viva nippy street
long live nippy street
shes up the creek nippy street
up the creek nippy street

it made me laugh so thought it was worth sharing

I want DJ back with Sunak as chancellor :smiley:

edd1974:
I feel sorry for her.

Lookat arsenal football club . When arteta took over all wanted him out. Yet look at them.now soon changed there mind.
She hasn’t been given a chance to be proved right or wrong that her ideas would work
I genuinely feel for her

Agree with you, the members offered the choice of Truss or Sunak weren’t supposed to vote for her, the bankers who own everything wanted their man in but the members chose otherwise and the knives were out in force for her from the second the result oif the vote was announced.
Instead of digging her heels in and supporting the chosen chancellor and home sec she capitulated, but we don’t know what went on behind closed doors, for all we know she may have had an offer she couldn’t refuse.

Juddian:

edd1974:
I feel sorry for her.

I genuinely feel for her

Agree with you, the members offered the choice of Truss or Sunak weren’t supposed to vote for her, the bankers who own everything wanted their man in but the members chose otherwise and the knives were out in force for her from the second the result oif the vote was announced.
Instead of digging her heels in and supporting the chosen chancellor and home sec she capitulated, but we don’t know what went on behind closed doors, for all we know she may have had an offer she couldn’t refuse.

by all accounts she’s not a very nice person and not above a bit of knife twisting / blackmail herself. I did hope she would have some guts about her though and would sort out the coal/gas issues

Juddian:

edd1974:
I feel sorry for her.

I genuinely feel for her

Do you live in an alternative reality or something? You recall it was Truss who uncapped bankers bonuses? It was Truss who lowered tax for millionaires? The same Truss who refused a windfall tax on profits of energy companies allowing them to keep the money while their profits were inflated further
by borrowed money with the public picking up the bill?

Oh and lets not forget her and crazy Kwarzi and their antics have also wiped money out of people’s pension pots (I’ve lost 15% in the last few weeks, but luckily have time on my side) and caused a much steeper rise in interest rates feeding into many thousands of mortgages and lifting profits for… banks… who now expect bumper profits.

Can’t wait for it all to trickle on down :unamused:

And you say that Sunak was the bankers man :open_mouth:

The irony is that after 6 weeks in office, as an ex-prime member she is now entitled to a £150,000 a year pension for life. This £150,000 for ex-prime ministers was vote in by parliament a couple of years ago

The Banks and the Energy Companies, Sunaks clients arguably, arent the main problem here.

It is those few, very rich persons, from many countries, who do spend many millions on perpetuating the old trickle down nonsense, and have been influencing various politicians for years.
It is a major problem in the UK, partly because we have a very lop-sided press, partly because we have secretive funding of parties and politicians, and partly because we have had a good past, too many just tut and say
“It can`t happen here”.
Unfortunately it is.

peirre:
The irony is that after 6 weeks in office, as an ex-prime member she is now entitled to a £150,000 a year pension for life. This £150,000 for ex-prime ministers was vote in by parliament a couple of years ago

Compared with the current damage to the country?
Money well spent.

Be better off paying every Cabinet member double that to clear off and never return!