Truss Resigns

Just been on 5 Live that Boris is thinking of chucking his hat in for the Tory leader/PM gig. :smiley:
It won’t happen, but Christ…if only. :laughing:
The main reasons I’d like to see it would be to ■■■■ off both the ‘partygate’ bandwagon crew, who were the catalyst for this present embarrassing National pantomime, …and to see the faces of the whinging remoaners …class. :smiley:
Right up the strasse of my weird sense of humour. :laughing:

robroy:
Just been on 5 Live that Boris is thinking of chucking his hat in for the Tory leader/PM gig. :smiley:
The main reasons I’d like to see it would be to ■■■■ off both the ‘partygate’ bandwagon crew, who were the catalyst for this present embarrassing National pantomime, …and to see the faces of the whinging remoaners …class. :smiley:

i saw that too. If we could vote on it i would defo vote for him

cooper1203:

robroy:

i saw that too. If we could vote on it i would defo vote for him

“They” would rather us peasants didn’t have a vote at all.“They” take a risk letting us have a crack every 5 years.Democracy indeed!

I really should start taking all thus stuff more seriously. :blush:
:laughing: :laughing:

Come on Boris! Lol

toonsy:
Just need a general election now

We just need Boris back, he shouldn’t of gone in the first place

The 1922 committee is talking of a possible on-line ballot for election of Tory leader.
The Tories have always maintained that online is not secure enough for important stuff like elections, which is why Unions are not allowed to hold ballots online.
Still, its all relative I spose, strikes last longer than Tory PMs.

edd1974:
I feel sorry for her.
She came in had ideas had that mini budget than had to do a u turn.
She should stuck by her decision see if it would or worked or not.
She.was in charge of the country.
But makes you wonder who really is running the country.

Lookat arsenal football club . When arteta took over all wanted him out. Yet look at them.now soon changed there mind.
She hasn’t been given a chance to be proved right or wrong that her ideas would work
I genuinely feel for her

I bloody don’t , good riddance I say.
Make no mistake mate she would have no time for you as a working man,
''Workshy British workforce ‘’ was her mantra, or words to that effect, she was going to ‘‘deal with’’ in her words, what she called ‘‘militant’’ unions for starters.
In other words strong effective unions that stick together and look after the interests of their work force, (the likes of which that would be very useful in our job with all the crap that goes on ) to anybody who ain’t brainwashed by all the anti union propaganda for last 30 years.

She saw herself as the next Thatcher,.who is more than likely her idol, so it was a case of …Go in hard from day 1, show the plebs she aint taking any crap (re.Maggie and the miners :bulb: ) and make it a case of 'her way or the highway., unlucky for her it turned out to be the highway…for her. :smiley:

Job was too big for her,.and she could not hack it,…and to carry on your football analogy,.a bit like The Great Kevin Keegan and the England job.

robroy:

I’d relish seeing him back, not just to see the reaction of the lefties and their media kin who wanted him gone in the first place, but he did win a very impressive majority at the last election with many seats that were unimaginable before with good reason.

bigstraight6:

robroy:

I’d relish seeing him back, not just to see the reaction of the lefties and their media kin who wanted him gone in the first place, but he did win a very impressive majority at the last election with many seats that were unimaginable before with good reason.

That is what I’ve been saying all along.
They won by an unprecedented majority, because of …him.
Bet Starmer could not believe his luck when he was turned on by his colleagues,.their best asset for votes given the boot…, he must have thought it was his birthday.

Having a few glasses of Chardonnay and a vol au vent after work and at work suddenly does not look like it was worth all the fuss ( not that it did in the first place to anybody without an agenda :unamused: ) compared to the cluster ■■■■ of events we see now eh?
A classic case of ‘‘Be careful what you wish for’’.

the people who are taking over from Johnson are not doing the manifesto that gave them 80 seat majority ,them and their ideas would not get voted in…Labour this posh bunch are worse than tories I will not waste my vote next time it will be none of the above they are all sh…t

bigstraight6:

robroy:

You do know that he’s a typical London politician.Which means car hating closet LibDem who delivered BRINO and wants us all tied to his nuke fuelled all electric utopia at £1 per kWh.Truss had to go because she was relatively pro fossil fuel at least.

robroy:

+1

robroy:

bigstraight6:

robroy:

That is what I’ve been saying all along.
They won by an unprecedented majority, because of …him.
Bet Starmer could not believe his luck when he was turned on by his colleagues,.their best asset for votes given the boot…, he must have thought it was his birthday.

Having a few glasses of Chardonnay and a vol au vent after work and at work suddenly does not look like it was worth all the fuss ( not that it did in the first place to anybody without an agenda :unamused: ) compared to the cluster [zb] of events we see now eh?
A classic case of ‘‘Be careful what you wish for’’.

Rob, I know you are playing for bites, but you are sounding increasingl like you are believing what you say, and espousing ideas which a man with your experience would know better than to endorse.

It matters not, if Boris had a drink after work, during work, or if the did a conga through the houses of Parliament… he lied. That is why he can not be trusted, and THAT is why he can not be the leader of this country.
Not because he is a buffoon.
Not because he is a tory.
Not because of brexit.
Not because he stabbed his colleagues in the back.

But because he is a habitual liar. He can NOT be trusted. Ask his ex wife. Ask his ex girlfriends. Ask the mothers of his children.

Remember the “oven ready deal”?

He got his 80 seat majority on a promise, to “get brexit done”, with his “oven ready deal”.
He then reneged on the deal he signed, and treated to simply break international laws. You can laugh. You can smirk. But we are, and will, reap the rewards for this for many years to come.

Remember, how “fishing rights in our own waters” was a red line?
Ask the few remaining (not a pun) fishermen how that worked out.

Anyway I’ll leave it, it’s like banging your head against a wall. I hope you get Boris back. At least he’ll entertain us as he drives us off the cliff…

Boris has the 100 plus MPS to stand I see. Will he win again? I don’t think Sunak is popular at all with the public.

What an absolute pantomime of bulderdash this is.

Narc:
Boris has the 100 plus MPS to stand I see. Will he win again? I don’t think Sunak is popular at all with the public.

Has he got 100?
Nothing would surprise me anymore, but I can`t see that anywhere yet.

Not bad for 45 days of “work” metro.co.uk/2022/10/21/liz-trus … -17607808/

lancpudn:
Not bad for 45 days of “work” metro.co.uk/2022/10/21/liz-trus … -17607808/

Considering how from the very second she was elected by the party members the knives were out for her from Fishy’s mob it could be argued she deserves the pension more than some previous PMs.

I wouldn’t give any one of these Tory barstewards the steam off my morning stools.

Franglais:

Narc:

Has he got 100?
Nothing would surprise me anymore, but I can`t see that anywhere yet.

Still can`t see anything saying Johnson has 100 supporters, or is actually standing yet.

Some “sources” say he will stand, but only when he has sobered up enough to do it unaided.
Dorries says he is standing, and will soon be walking from his holidays in the Caribbean back to the UK.

Other MPs have said that if he does get in, they will resign the whip, and provoke an election.

Waiting for the “magic ticket”: a repeat of the double act Johnson/Sunak.
That`ll be making an impression on most of the Tory party.
Sunak haters, and Johnson haters, will unite in voting Labour.