True Story No 2

I first started driving taxis in Sefton, an area to the North of Liverpool. I was Private Hire(Boo Hiss) at the time and driving a montego estate.

In the first week I got a job to pick up at a telephone box outside Aintree Station. It was around midnight and off I goes to the pickup. As I drew up at the phone box, this guy walks over to the car. He was a MONSTER. Huge fellow with long shaggy hair and a full set of whiskers.

He squeezed himself into the front seat of the car, crushing me against the door,and asked me to take him to Ormskirk. As I started off he turned and looked at me and said,“Do you know I’ve got learning difficulties”?.

Here I m sat in the car with this giant who has just confessed to being tuppence short of a shilling. I can tell you that car moved faster and faster with each passing minute. Finally after arriving in Ormskirk at Mach 2 I stopped outside his door. He said my Dad will be out in a minute. Sure enough his dad comes out. He’s tiny!! about 5’2". The dad comes up to the window, “How much does he owe you son”? “£7.60” I replied.
“Where did yoy pick him up”? he ssked as he paid me. So I told him then he got tore right into the big fellow, giving him a right bollocking for going out of town. I could’nt believe it, this MONSTER was terrified of his dad.

I drove away laughing,at myself, for being to ready to judge by appearances. When I got back to the office and related my experiance a few of the guys said they knew him. I picked him up a few times after that, always with the same result. I ended up calling him “Scarey from Ormskirk”

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Good one i thought you were going to say that the car wouldnt move with the weight

sad really how we always judge strangers by their
appearance. ive done that many times in the past and
been proved wrong.
but you must come across some right [zb] in that job. :wink:

tdriver:
I first started driving taxis in Sefton, an area to the North of Liverpool. I was Private Hire(Boo Hiss) at the time and driving a montego estate.

In the first week I got a job to pick up at a telephone box outside Aintree Station. It was around midnight and off I goes to the pickup. As I drew up at the phone box, this guy walks over to the car. He was a MONSTER. Huge fellow with long shaggy hair and a full set of whiskers.

He squeezed himself into the front seat of the car, crushing me against the door,and asked me to take him to Ormskirk. As I started off he turned and looked at me and said,“Do you know I’ve got learning difficulties”?.

Here I m sat in the car with this giant who has just confessed to being tuppence short of a shilling. I can tell you that car moved faster and faster with each passing minute. Finally after arriving in Ormskirk at Mach 2 I stopped outside his door. He said my Dad will be out in a minute. Sure enough his dad comes out. He’s tiny!! about 5’2". The dad comes up to the window, “How much does he owe you son”? “£7.60” I replied.
“Where did yoy pick him up”? he ssked as he paid me. So I told him then he got tore right into the big fellow, giving him a right [zb] for going out of town. I could’nt believe it, this MONSTER was terrified of his dad.

I drove away laughing,at myself, for being to ready to judge by appearances. When I got back to the office and related my experiance a few of the guys said they knew him. I picked him up a few times after that, always with the same result. I ended up calling him “Scarey from Ormskirk”

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Is this trucknet or taxinet?? Great story, lets have some more like that, they are very interesting. Any chance of a “who have you had who’s famous this week in the cab” thread? I 'd start it myself only a rollcage doesn’t count!

Mike-C:
Is this trucknet or taxinet?? Great story, wrong place.

Trucknetuk.com:
Britain’s Biggest and Brightest forums for the Professional Driver

north surrey haulage:

Mike-C:

Trucknetuk.com:

Does your Dad know you’re out? :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Mike-C:

Trucknetuk.com:

You’re wasting your time, Sean! I just read his reply on the Headlights thread and it seems to me Mr C is [zb]

sorry that had to gomm

Mike-C:
Does your Dad know you’re out? :laughing:

No he’s DEAD

TheBear:

north surrey haulage:

Mike-C:

Trucknetuk.com:

You’re wasting your time, Sean! I just read his reply on the Headlights thread and it seems to me Mr C is [zb]

sorry that had to gomm

But I was very polite and even spelt it correctly, MrsM :cry: :cry: :cry:

TheBear:

TheBear:

north surrey haulage:

Mike-C:

Trucknetuk.com:

sorry that had to gomm

But I was very polite and even spelt it correctly, MrsM :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know but rules are rules however much we don’t like them :wink:

tdriver:
He squeezed himself into the front seat of the car, crushing me against the door,

:smiley: Sounds cosy. At least he didn’t bring his teddy bear with him. Two’s company; three’s a crowd. :laughing:

I did a bit of cabbing a few years ago…in between jobs…it was very easy in london at the time…all you needed was a half decent car…and the radio rent money…well i ended up taking some very large men to a Bouncers convention in camden town…they were tooled up as well…scarred faces etc…the going was ok…but they requested i pick them up afterwards…
They were drunk of course when i arrived…and threatened me when i complained how long it was taking to get into my car…as we were going down the old kent road …they thought it was funny to throw anything out of the windows they could…maps…head rests…and covers…basically anything that moved…i eventually dropped them off one by one…and the last one lived in dartford…he was so drunk when i stopped that he just gave me a wad of money and fell out of the car…i couldnt get away fast enough…so stuffed the money in my pocket and droveoff…turned out the wad was £50 pound notes, and i ended up with over £300…not a bad nights work…considering i expected £60…so took a run up the old kent road and recovered all my posessions…nothing lost …but a lot gained…and it certainly put me off cabbing…made a change for the bad guys to come out losing…

I did a spell of taxi driving in Bodmin, similar to above, I was called to pick up at a private address. The lady came out and without being to rude :blush: she was wider than I am tall…

She eased herself into the passenger seat of my Sierra, after a few minutes of sitting outside her house, she asked me when we were goining to move?

I had to be so diplomatic…

I couldn’t get to the handbrake! :blush: :blush:

John

hate to think where the handbrake was.

did she have a smile on her face :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Neil46

Which face :smiley: I didn’t want to be to ‘cheeky’ and had to ask politely if I could have my handbrake back, made hill starts difficult aswell…

John