Jackanory story time, just for fun

Feel free to tell yours, but it has to be true.
Here is mine, I stopped to brush my teeth in a garage near Valencia, I came back to my cab, an old German ambulance was parked by my lorry.
The guy wearing casual clothes asked me if there were two drivers, I said no, I am driving alone, he then said he saw a bloke in my cab.
Cash stolen but left my passport.
250 miles later, I see the same ambulance going the other way.

And you bought his tale? The bloke in the Ambulance robbed you.

I left truck driving to be a copilot on the cargo planes… :wink:

DAF95XF:
I left truck driving to be a copilot on the cargo planes… :wink:

What you believed that,no way!!!

DAF95XF KNOB

Many moons ago we were on our way to Santa Pod as pit crew for a mate with the race car in a very scabby and tired looking Mk2 Cortina estate full of tools, Got a puncture with no spare !!!
Another mate with his van stopped and dropped off a pair of alloy wheels that were going to be part of a swop at the meet, So we used both as they were different size to the existing, just to get us mobile.
We had the car jacked up at the back by the diff and were Swopping the pair , one either side rushing due to being late.

An Irish lad with a beat up old white Transit van pulls up and jumps out grabbing a wheel brace off the floor and says
“If you are nicking the rear alloys I am having the fronts” !!!
Cheeky ■■■■■■■ ! We had to tell him to ■■■■ off or get a beating .

I had parked in croyden in the late 70s near a Bedford breakdown truck. about 22.00 hrs two lads with trade plates wandered up to the Bedford and it would not start and they asked if I could jump it, no I said as I had no leads but I could give it a ■■■■■■ on a rope, Great they said, I said I would make a circuit of the car park and stop from where we started, as we arrived back at the stopping location a police car came into the entrance and made his way to the front of my truck got out and asked what was going on, oh I said they are off to do a recovery but the battery was flat so I snatched it for them, so he wandered off to the Bedford wandered back and said and where are they now, they were pinching it legged it and I had aided and abetted them, they questioned me for ages even though all the paperwork showed I had delivered half a load and still had half left for delivery to croyden, and they woke me up every hour to make sure I was still there, I thought they were part time bar staff.

I missed the herald by two minutes and once took a load of concrete to China without stopping.
Both true, honest.

peggydeckboy:
DAF95XF KNOB

How so?

Once upon a time I was driving an old German ambulance down near Valencia when I saw a British lorry parked up outside a brothel. I said Guten Tag to the driver who said he was just going to brush his teeth :wink:. 250 miles later he came flying past me… in a Boeing 707.

Anon.

That bit is wrong, it was a first world war bi plane, I was known as the Red Baron back then .

mushroomman:
Once upon a time I was driving an old German ambulance down near Valencia when I saw a British lorry parked up outside a brothel. I said Guten Tag to the driver who said he was just going to brush his teeth :wink:. 250 miles later he came flying past me… in a Boeing 707.

Anon.

:grimacing:

toby1234abc:
That bit is wrong, it was a first world war bi plane, I was known as the Red Baron back then .

Was it a blue one. :confused:

Still waiting to hear why I’m a KNOB lol

I was waiting to tip on a building site when this chap appeared with a Transit pickup and asked me to back my truck up as I was in the way and could I help him hitch his cement mixer up as it was a struggle on his own. Hitched it up, thanked me and off he went, of course he had nicked the thing! This was mid morning, not first thing, and the site had workers everywhere so plenty of folk around but I suppose if you have the nerve then you can get away with virtually anything?

Pete.

DAF95XF:
Still waiting to hear why I’m a KNOB lol

Glad it’s not just me who’s confused by that.

DAF95XF ok your not .i cannot get my head round utter dribble so best i go, you go fly where ever.

peggydeckboy:
DAF95XF ok your not .i cannot get my head round utter dribble so best i go, you go fly where ever.

PDB, he was taking the mick out of Toby’s new job

AHH OK THEN best i stick to the word game ehh.