Truckstops in calais?

OK
Going in the car to Calais next week to bring some cheep plonk back
will most probably spend the night there sleeping in the car
I have been told there are a few truckstops there that offer food showers and free parking or somewhere I can fit my car into
Anyone have any names and addresses please
Thanks

Personally I would sleep in Dover or Folkestone and go across the following day it will be a lot safer , the local news was saying there is now 1300 immigrants in Calais desperate to get over here and the fact that they have pulled guns and knives on drivers they are advising trucks to avoid using the port if they can .

Johny La Tidal:
OK
Going in the car to Calais next week to bring some cheep plonk back
will most probably spend the night there sleeping in the car
I have been told there are a few truckstops there that offer food showers and free parking or somewhere I can fit my car into
Anyone have any names and addresses please
Thanks

Just get some cheap digs in Calais somewhere as it’ll be safer and more comfortable and won’t cost a lot .

It is not safe to sleep in the car in Calais.
Hotels are cheap with car parking.The town is swamped with Afghans and Iraqi’s.African gangs and Orientals.They are desperate people.

Seems to defeat the object of buying reasonably priced booze by forking out for accommodation, but I have to agree with all the above posts. Calais is like a “NO-GO area”. The Gendarmes would totally advise you against sleeping in your car.
My advice, stay in a Formul1 , Ibis, or Mercure hotel, they are reasonably priced, look them up on the web sites for addresses and prices. Give the ones near Eurocity shopping centre a miss though, they are normally quite pricey.
Remember, however much you would like to save money on the booze that you purchase, you being able to get home with it is more important. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Well I was unaware of this and have not read it in the news
but thanks for letting me know
But I would like to trundel in France but with the info provided above Im still keen to check theses places out keeping my wits about me that is
And if it looks to dangerous I will have to get out!
but there must be trucks parked up there in secure truckstops with 24hr security; this is France not Bayroot

My advice
Go to your local asda or tesco…save the cost of the ferry etc…

Formule 1 Boulogne, 24 euros for a twin room.

You could try the the two truckstops at transmarck if you really do want to sleep in your car.Not sure if they let cars stay.But no harm in asking.Lad used to go round with his alsatian at night.Not sure if he still does.As I have’nt stopped there for ages.But there are alot of immigrants hanging around that area now.

Why would you want to risk sleeping in your car around Calais , either hotel it away from Calais or sleep in your car over here and get a early crossing the next morning .

truckertang:
My advice

+1.

Beirut is safer than Calaistan.

why earth would you need to sleep in the car… I used to go from Glasgow to Belgium,back to 3 warehouses in Calais,and home again in a smiley transit in 23 hours,how long can it possibly take you to fill a car with booze?..off the ferry,and within 2 mins theres a selection of warehouses that you cant miss.you will be off the boat,loaded up and back in the queue within the hour.so why sleep in the car…plus if you don’t get back sharpish,then customs will assume you’ve been further afield and are bringing back something naughty within the booze. beer runs are out and back pronto,or your asking for a dig.calais is a tip swarming with Taliban,not a place to stay.you will end up robbed,or raped,and possibly not in that order… :open_mouth:

Why do you need to sleep in the car anyway? Calais town is ok, I’ve never had a problem there, but you will see plenty of illegals, some of them camp out near the port then walk round the perimeter fence. Agree with everyone else though get a hotel, UK plates will make you a target.

Johny La Tidal:
But I would like to trundel in France but with the info provided above Im still keen to check theses places out keeping my wits about me that is
but there must be trucks parked up there in secure truckstops with 24hr security; this is France not Bayroot

Lot of trucks and vans park at total just outside the port but 24h security there is not and none of them will be heading to UK (if they’ve got any sense). When you come near to the port you see them all round the dual carriage way with some of them throwing glass bottles about etc…

What do you want to do in France? Travelled about abit there so can give you suggestions if you say what you want to achieve?

Dunkerque or Belgium will be safer. The cheapest shopping is Luxembourg. Personally I would buy booze from my local cash and carry in the damaged section. Just bought 48 cans of beer for £6 and bottle of wines for £2 each. Don’t bother with Calais or France. ( from a French guy)

This how desperate these guys are now,
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … itain.html

truckertang:
My advice

This. It’s not that cheap over there now anyway. Plus sleeping in the car is a bit daft for a bit of booze! Personally if I was gonna do it I drive there, fill up and drive home.

Saaamon:

Johny La Tidal:

Lot of trucks and vans park at total just outside the port but 24h security there is not and none of them will be heading to UK (if they’ve got any sense). When you come near to the port you see them all round the dual carriage way with some of them throwing glass bottles about etc…

What do you want to do in France? Travelled about abit there so can give you suggestions if you say what you want to achieve?

Nothing in mind rely just wanted to have a quick look about the place and see what French life is all about

Well I watched the TV for the first time in ages last night and I saw all those water cannons so I guess if I go and sleep over night would have to be in a secure park so long as they dont charge to much like

Wont be picking up some waste cooking oil off chef until thursday now
So want to keep the diesel bill low!
might of all calmed down by then

Frenchtrucker:
Dunkerque or Belgium will be safer. The cheapest shopping is Luxembourg. Personally I would buy booze from my local cash and carry in the damaged section. Just bought 48 cans of beer for £6 and bottle of wines for £2 each. Don’t bother with Calais or France. ( from a French guy)

Yes but you dont have to pay for the ferry cost; I do
How much is the cheapest bottle of wind in Aldi or lidal over there?

You can pick up some decent wine at lidl for 2.20 euro . Auchan has a Foire aux vin !