Truckstops in calais?

Frenchtrucker:
You can pick up some decent wine at lidl for 2.20 euro . Auchan has a Foire aux vin ! 0

Is that the cheapest they got wow! you can pick a bottle of wine up at lidal in spain for €1
Or even cheaper is you go to the bodega

at the end of pont du Henri Heron their is a car park where they allow cars and smaller motor homes to park if you come across on the boat if you look to your right as you come into the port you will see it at the beginning of the jetty looks like an amusment arcade or something car park. But as others have said be carefull as they will have you over given half a chance. This new wave of immigrants are a lot more aggressive to what we have had in the past

Surely I’m not the only one that’s shaking my head at this? I don’t think this person is serious and its nothing but a windup of sorts.

Calais isn’t great to be honest they’ve been smartening up the centre lately but on the whole it’s still fairly run down. If you want to experience abit of France, Arras is a good place to go.

Calais isn’t going to calm down anytime soon so I wouldnt sit there putting your trip on hold but saying that your not going to get any problems providing you don’t sleep in your car.

Johny La Tidal:

Frenchtrucker:
You can pick up some decent wine at lidl for 2.20 euro . Auchan has a Foire aux vin ! 0

Is that the cheapest they got wow! you can pick a bottle of wine up at lidal in spain for €1
Or even cheaper is you go to the bodega

Well there you go then , problem solved .
Get on a ferry to Spain from Portsmouth, do your shopping and come home .
Won’t need to sleep in the car, as you can have a cabin, won’t have to worry about the knife wielding nasties, you’ll get cheaper (than France) wine. And we will all be able to sleeps our beds peacefully, knowing that you’ve got your cheap wine and are safely tucked up in your bed when you get back
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m with you on this one robinhood ,
A bloke on his own with a wallet full of cash sleeping in his car ,I wouldn’t risk it at the moment in Calais ,
he wants his head examined for even thinking about it . Get an hour or so out of Calais then yeah I would risk it .
someone posted on here ,saying he can get a bed in a formula 1 hotel for about £20 , that’s got to be a lot safer .

Calais is a ■■■■ hole.

It’s always been a ■■■■ hole.

It’s now a ■■■■ hole full of ■■■■■ waiting to skank the UK.

The only good thing in Calais is the road out of Calais.

I agree with the go to Tesco/Asda routine. France isn’t cheap anyway any more - certainly not enough to warrant a journey specifically for booze.

I’m sure if you “shop around” in the UK supermarkets, you will find wine as cheap as the supermarkets / beer shops in Calais.

I just keep looking … every so often the wine I like is on offer / promotion … so I stock up :wink:
Just got a reasonable deal @ Sainsbugs ( well I think so ) … wine I like is usually £6.99 … on offer @ £5.25 … BUT had a voucher … spend £30 / get £6 OFF … bought 6 bottles … so cost was only £4.25 a bottle …RESULT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Got a few more of these £6 off vouchers to use :smiley: :smiley:

I have to confess to using Eastenders / Pidou loads in the '80’s / '90s … wouldn’t dream of stopping ( unless going OUT ) these days … let alone doing a “booze cruise” …deffo NOT sleeping in the car :exclamation:

Johny La Tidal:
OK
Going in the car to Calais next week to bring some cheep plonk back
will most probably spend the night there sleeping in the car
I have been told there are a few truckstops there that offer food showers and free parking or somewhere I can fit my car into
Anyone have any names and addresses please
Thanks

Are you nuts ourfella

They wont let you take a car & sleep in all4trucks, tried last night 4x4 & big enclosed trailer with £2.5million car in it, had no probs at pooley & it was actually €7 cheaper! result!

tbh there are many safe sports at calais for a car, its not all slums, I’ve parked a van & kipped in it in some of the nicer suburbs over night many a time, is far far less safe in regular truckstops all over europe really esp france, tho I do always ratchet strap my doors shut where ever I am.

iguana:
… big enclosed trailer with £2.5million car in it…

£2.5 million!! One car!! Were you on your way back from Monza?? What sort / make of car was that then?? :open_mouth: :confused:

And with that on board, you decided to stop in Calais!!! Really■■? :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

iguana:

£2.5 million!! One car!! Were you on your way back from Monza?? What sort / make of car was that then?? :open_mouth: :confused:

And with that on board, you decided to stop in Calais!!! Really■■? :laughing: :laughing:

That’s a cheap one! 2,3,4,5,6,7 million is everyday stuff, tho £30 million is the one that gets the insurers twitching (250 GTO) & the right one of those could actually be nearer £40million, there were several in uk this yr for an event & I was asked to do a short move, but I can’t actually get insurance for those, £10 million is my limit.

But yeh I feel its a lot safer in a secure Calais parking than parking in a regular truck stop.

With such a high value load, im sure I would not have stayed in Calais! Not that the “II`s” would have nicked it, but more for the damage they would have caused to the car had they got into the trailer! Is it the mini tilt style trailer or hard shell? Sounds like a good little number though! :wink:

iguana:

bullitt:

iguana:

That’s a cheap one! 2,3,4,5,6,7 million is everyday stuff, tho £30 million is the one that gets the insurers twitching (250 GTO) & the right one of those could actually be nearer £40million, there were several in uk this yr for an event & I was asked to do a short move, but I can’t actually get insurance for those, £10 million is my li
But yeh I feel its a lot safer in a secure Calais parking than parking in a regular truck stop.

Funny thing was only reading earlier that a 250 GTO sold for a world record for a car at $38m £23m ish on Thursday .Bet they where gutted they where hoping for $60m

Johny La Tidal:
OK
Going in the car to Calais next week to bring some cheep plonk back
will most probably spend the night there sleeping in the car
I have been told there are a few truckstops there that offer food showers and free parking or somewhere I can fit my car into
Anyone have any names and addresses please
Thanks

So how did it go then ? Did you kip in the car and live to tell the tale ?